Super Bowl LII MVP Nick Foles to sign with Colts

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ryan injured by playoffs Big Rick Nick goes to the superbowl and wins the mvp. 

Hof bound 

Good luck with that one my friend.  That damn Ryan is made of silly putty his body bends in ridiculous ways without taking injury.  I don't know how he didn't miss more than 3 games out of like 230+ played in his career.  He was hit so many fricken times by the defenses we went against and everytime it looked like he got killed he would pop right back up.

• Like 2

There's a decent case to be made he's one of the best backup QBs in NFL history. You could go with Young backing up Montana but you get the idea. (Young in 1987 and 1989 was insanity (120.8 both years)) Earl Morrall was no slouch in 1972 either. His new coach had his moments too.

He's my favorite current player (probably 4th all-time behind Reggie, Randall, and Weapon X) but I like Minshew fine as the Philly backup now.

Indy makes sense given the age of Ryan and the familiarity of Reich. He could have gone there sooner but Wentz's eggshell ego would not allow it.

I'd like them to upgrade at WR, maybe Julio or OBJ. Either guy is better in a wheelchair than Keke Coutee on 2 legs. As it is now they are depending a lot on the 12th WR picked in this draft.

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Good luck with that one my friend.  That damn Ryan is made of silly putty his body bends in ridiculous ways without taking injury.  I don't know how he didn't miss more than 3 games out of like 230+ played in his career.  He was hit so many fricken times by the defenses we went against and everytime it looked like he got killed he would pop right back up.

I remember watching a prime time game vs Philly and Trent Cole was abusing both Ryan and the tackle. Just non-stop. Was one of the few times i can remember watching a football game and feeling bad for an offensive linemen just getting handled.

There are idiot Colt’s fans who are upset over this possible signing because they’d rather have Ehlinger start if Ryan got hurt.

I’d be fine with that if Ehlinger justifies that with a strong camp and preseason and beats out Foles for the backup job but I’m not ok with just giving it to him. 

• Like 5

Given the system familiarity and Ryan's age becoming a factor, would anyone be truly shocked if Foles somehow beat him for the gig altogether? 

Obviously, the plan is to roll with Ryan. But plans can change and they're not intrinsically committed to Ryan. Just a thought. 

3 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

There are idiot Colt’s fans who are upset over this possible signing because they’d rather have Ehlinger start if Ryan got hurt.

Did Ehlinger actually show anything last year?  I wasn't high on him coming out of Texas.