Super Bowl LII MVP Nick Foles to sign with Colts

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Given the system familiarity and Ryan's age becoming a factor, would anyone be truly shocked if Foles somehow beat him for the gig altogether? 

Obviously, the plan is to roll with Ryan. But plans can change and they're not intrinsically committed to Ryan. Just a thought. 

BDN won't get the gig outright, no matter what transpires in TC outside of an injury setback for Matt Ryan. Like with Wentz, they committed to a trade for that QB. Unlike Wentz, Ryan's ego can actually take Nick being in the building.

Otherwise,  BDN would of been a Colt last season. Nick is Reich insurance policy. A break in case of emergency plan. The ultimate professional,  teammate and back up QB capable of not only winning them regular season games but playoff if needed.

However Foles will not be the 2022 Colts Starter under no circumstances baring injury. Now 2023? Potentially a different story depending on this seasons transpires and Ryan's overall play. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Did Ehlinger actually show anything last year?  I wasn't high on him coming out of Texas.

His got injured in training camp and started the season on IR. He had 3 snaps all last year on designed QB runs. Otherwise Brett Hundley was the backup despite being on the practice squad most of the season.

the coaching staff loves him, especially Reich because he is most like the type of QB he loves (accuracy wise not arm strength wise) Also he is scrappy, tough and of the same religious persuasion as Reich. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Crazy scenario Ryan misses the game against the Commanders and Foles outplays him giving the Colts the win. Wentz would probably be checked out the rest of the year lol.

You're assuming Carson wouldn't already be checked out after losing 5 weeks earlier? 😎

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I knew this but forgot, Nick Foles and I share a B-Day but let’s just say that I was already 10+ years old when he was born. 

It's rumored BDN was blessed with an inch for every year you are older. His wife is glad you share a birthday.