Jump to content

Clowney re-signs with Browns


Forge
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The NFL’s all time leader in almost sacks. Never before in NFL history have you had a guy that’s so good at beating his man but never actually sacking the QB

I know you're making a joke, but there's a good amount of value in an EDGE who can defend the run well and pressure the QB, even if he only gets home 6-9 times per year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I know you're making a joke, but there's a good amount of value in an EDGE who can defend the run well and pressure the QB, even if he only gets home 6-9 times per year.

Agreed, I’d take 6-9 over the variance of say, 4-20.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Agreed, I’d take 6-9 over the variance of say, 4-20.

I’ll take the potential 20 sack pass rusher imo 

 

guy who gets 4.5 one year and 12 the next, then 4 the following year? yeah sure you might want someone more consistent over the roller coaster….

 

but if you have a guy who realistically could be a 20 sack guy, the choice is obvious 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ll take the potential 20 sack pass rusher imo 

 

guy who gets 4.5 one year and 12 the next, then 4 the following year? yeah sure you might want someone more consistent over the roller coaster….

 

but if you have a guy who realistically could be a 20 sack guy, the choice is obvious 

99.9% sure he was making a 69 and 420 joke

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

99.9% sure he was making a 69 and 420 joke

I almost made a joke about the 4-20 but missed the 6-9 joke 

 

why not both tbh 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad news for the gnashing of teeth social media justice crowd. The Browns just got a lot better.

He had 9 sacks in 14 games across from Garrett. I don't care about near misses in the past.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He never lived up to being the #1 pick.

I wonder how good Houston would've been with Mack or Donald.

With prime Watt alongside them. 

I'd surmise Bill O'Brien would find a way to screw it up, but it would be fun for a bit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

With prime Watt alongside them. 

I'd surmise Bill O'Brien would find a way to screw it up, but it would be fun for a bit.

“We have Khalil Mack now, let’s trade JJ for a 4th”

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 43M said:

I hear Odell Beckham is available!   ^_^

Seriously though...maybe he would go back with Baker out.

Not sure if this is because Clowneys relationship with Watson or because Clowney was one of the guys who didnt want to play with Baker anymore.

 

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Ehhh i suppose.. the money is almost irrelevant when talking about a one year deal signed after FA and the draft. This move isn’t going to prevent them from signing or re-signing anyone. 

That would be true if it weren't for cap space rolling forward under the current CBA

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

That would be true if it weren't for cap space rolling forward under the current CBA

I forgot about that... but its only true if the team doesn't end up spending that money on someone other than clowney, trying to find an impact player elsewhere.

I brought it up because the other guy didn't like the amount, so I wonder how much smaller the contract would need to be for him to be OK with the one year deal... maybe $1-2m? 

while that's technically something that could be rolled over (assuming its not spent elsewhere due to injuries/unexpected releases) into 2023, i wouldn't say its of note.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The NFL’s all time leader in almost sacks. Never before in NFL history have you had a guy that’s so good at beating his man but never actually sacking the QB

I'll take a guy who gets 20 almost sacks, contains the QB and moves a guy off his spot in the pass game, gets 8-9 real sacks and also plays as well vs the run as he does. Not worth the No. 1 pick he was selected with. But still a highly qualified player. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'll take a guy who gets 20 almost sacks, contains the QB and moves a guy off his spot in the pass game, gets 8-9 real sacks and also plays as well vs the run as he does. Not worth the No. 1 pick he was selected with. But still a highly qualified player. 

Great, now you made me look at the 2014 draft and remember the Eagles took Marcus Smith at edge 8 picks before Demarcus Lawrence.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Great, now you made me look at the 2014 draft and remember the Eagles took Marcus Smith at edge 8 picks before Demarcus Lawrence.

Would that be considered worse then the Eagles selecting LJ "hands of stone" Smith 8 picks before Jason Witten? 👍👌

Honestly can't decide which is worse? lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...