Clowney resigns. 1 year 11M

sdrawkcab321

This is a great signing. If Clowney is as healthy as he was last year we are in good shape with him and Myles.

Can't blame him for taking his time to sign either. Let the teams that want him contact his agent and see what makes sense. I don't know if I believe he declined 4 mil but I could see him staying here if the money was equal. 

This just makes me even more upset about the Malik McDowell collapse.  Like, wtf dude, this team took a flyer on you, gave you a future, a chance to compete, a chance to win. He played well, and certainly could have gotten better with the off-season work.

I know that there's so much to the story, and mental health issues are rampant, worldwide.  It just stinks.

I like picking Clowney back up tho.  Glad he wants to be here. Get 10 sacks this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmBrown said:

This just makes me even more upset about the Malik McDowell collapse.  Like, wtf dude, this team took a flyer on you, gave you a future, a chance to compete, a chance to win. He played well, and certainly could have gotten better with the off-season work.

I know that there's so much to the story, and mental health issues are rampant, worldwide.  It just stinks.

I like picking Clowney back up tho.  Glad he wants to be here. Get 10 sacks this year!

Not sure why he wasn’t given a second chance.

Between Hunt and Watson I think it’s pretty clear that off the field issues aren’t that big of a concern for the organization.

Dude was our best DT last year (shiniest turd, I get it, but still) and still young as hell.  Unfortunate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I like the competition this brings for our reserve ends too. Chase, Thomas, and Wright going for two spots, though they all probably make it.

Am I the only one who still know's Curtis Weaver on this team.......I'd like to see what he can do this year, after a year of getting his toe healed and lifting weights.

53 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Am I the only one who still know's Curtis Weaver on this team.......I'd like to see what he can do this year, after a year of getting his toe healed and lifting weights.

No optimism about Weaver from me, he showed  nothing last year. I'm higher on Isaiah Thomas than him 

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure why he wasn’t given a second chance.

Between Hunt and Watson I think it’s pretty clear that off the field issues aren’t that big of a concern for the organization.

Dude was our best DT last year (shiniest turd, I get it, but still) and still young as hell.  Unfortunate.

Um, I'm sure you're being facetious. His signing last year was like his FIFTH chance.  He'd been arrested multiple times since he was drafted in 2017. 

Being absolutely too ****ed up on whatever it was, and running around naked, ultimately exposing yourself to minors and aggravated assault on police officers and resisting arrest, AND most of it being on tape is not something you come back from.

4 minutes ago, MalcolmBrown said:

Um, I'm sure you're being facetious. His signing last year was like his FIFTH chance.  He'd been arrested multiple times since he was drafted in 2017. 

Being absolutely too ****ed up on whatever it was, and running around naked, ultimately exposing yourself to minors and aggravated assault on police officers and resisting arrest, AND most of it being on tape is not something you come back from.

If you're Malik McDowell, this is true. If you're Tyreke Hill/DeShaun Watson or someone else with All Pro talent, you do. See: The ESPN show Playmakers with the All Pro RB who can do whatever he wants vs. the starting caliber OL guy who gets suspended for something 1/10th as bad.

• Like 1

Not at all, he had once chance with us.  I think he should get a second.  

Eh, I’m not defending his actions, I don’t have to.  That said, they’re no worse than what other guys on the team have done.

Like, the idea that we can trade for a guy who’s accused of serial sexual assault, sign a guy AFTER he assaults a woman, etc., but can’t keep some dude who got ****ed up/had a mental health issue is laughable tbh.  Either you care or you don’t.  Hell, to your point he had been arrested multiple times before coming here and we SIGNED HIM ANYWAY lol.

Pretending to have any level of morality at this point (from the organization’s perspective) couldn’t come across as more absurd if they tried.

So embrace it.  Go full heel.  Sign every turd human who’s good at football.  Just win, baby.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you're Malik McDowell, this is true. If you're Tyreke Hill/DeShaun Watson or someone else with All Pro talent, you do. See: The ESPN show Playmakers with the All Pro RB who can do whatever he wants vs. the starting caliber OL guy who gets suspended for something 1/10th as bad.

I don't disagree, but this was also Malik's only logged season. He couldn't even get on the field due to arrests/jail time/probation, and injury, and that should have been his 5th season.

Edited by MalcolmBrown
Addition.

1 minute ago, MalcolmBrown said:

I don't disagree, but this was also Malik's only logged season. He couldn't even get on the field due to arrests/jail time/probation, and injury, and that should have been his 5th season.

No question. I agree with you there. He was on some thin ice already and ALL of those reasons you mentioned were very valid. That said, taking the moral highground on Malik but then trading a king's ransom and guaranteeing Waton hundreds of millions of dollars in the next breath is nothing short of hilariously disingenuous by the Browns, which I think @LETSGOBROWNIES is also getting at here. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1