Clowney resigns. 1 year 11M

sdrawkcab321

I’m not sure if it’s even them taking the moral high ground. I personally think it’s more then saying, your career was dead and we hit it with the paddles then you had a slight pulse so the first thing you do is stab your self. I ultimately think it came down to them feeling they could have no trust in him 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No question. I agree with you there. He was on some thin ice already and ALL of those reasons you mentioned were very valid. That said, taking the moral highground on Malik but then trading a king's ransom and guaranteeing Waton hundreds of millions of dollars in the next breath is nothing short of hilariously disingenuous by the Browns, which I think @LETSGOBROWNIES is also getting at here. Maybe I'm wrong.

Absolutely. I’m not even making a judgement of it or trying to sound bitter about other moves, simply staring the. obvious.  They don’t care about character, hard stop.  Their job is to field a competitive team, not a Boy Scout troop.  Cool, do that.

McDowell has a laundry list of issues, but he was also our best DT and likely to improve more.  I’d rather they keep him than pretend to take a stand against something they clearly don’t care about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I’m not sure if it’s even them taking the moral high ground. I personally think it’s more then saying, your career was dead and we hit it with the paddles then you had a slight pulse so the first thing you do is stab your self. I ultimately think it came down to them feeling they could have no trust in him 

I’d argue the slight pulse part.  His pulse was stronger last season than any other DT on our roster.  

We aren’t better as a football team without him.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d argue the slight pulse part.  His pulse was stronger last season than any other DT on our roster.  

We aren’t better as a football team without him.  

Excellent post my friend. 

Some points

Even with Clowney this team at defensive tackle is one of the weakest in the NFL.

Kc could rush for 200 yards against

Us .

3 down 6 to go will be a running down

Because are nickle rush could not stop

A glass of water from falling.

Depth dl we have no nfl quality defensive lineman outside of Clowney 

And Myles. 

Injuries given a normal amount of injuries this team will be down to

To people off the street by the 8th game playing against New Orleans, Tampa bay,Pittsburgh, Ravens, and yes Cincinnati there defensive made Mahomes look ordinary plus they drafted a Roy and candidate in the kid

From Michigan. 

I am not posting much because it is a time of happiness for 90 percent of this

Board.Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If you're Malik McDowell, this is true. If you're Tyreke Hill/DeShaun Watson or someone else with All Pro talent, you do. See: The ESPN show Playmakers with the All Pro RB who can do whatever he wants vs. the starting caliber OL guy who gets suspended for something 1/10th as bad.

4NjXbaz.gif

I DO NOT HAVE a DRUG PROBLEM........(nose starts bleeding on the Boss's desk LOL) loved that scene.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

This is where I am. He simply can't be trusted.

I thought I read that the officer he assaulted is suing him. He's likely going (back) to jail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

This is where I am. He simply can't be trusted.

Sounds familiar

I thought I read that the officer he assaulted is suing him.

Getting warmer

He's likely going (back) to jail.

I guess this is at least different

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Sounds familiar

Getting warmer

I guess this is at least different

Wow, per wikipedia, McDowell was in a ATV accident that caused injuries that prevented him from practicing, was arrested for driving under the influence in Sept.  2017, sentenced to 12 months of probation.  Then arrested again in  Dec. 2017 for disorderly conduct, in Feb 2018 got into an altercation was charged with assault, resisting arrest, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, in Apr. 2019 was arrested for receiving and concealing stolen property involving a stolen car in his possession and plead guilty to all of the CRIMINAL charges and sentenced to 11 months in jail and now after doing time and getting arrested again in Jan. 2022.

No one needs to give Watson the benefit of the doubt, or even believe that he should play in the NFL let alone play for the Browns, but to compare the two guys, well that dog don't hunt.  One has multiple run-ins with the law, and was convicted on criminal charges.  The other is accused to be a sexual predator, which the judicial authorities have declined to indict. Yes he has 22 accusers, CIVIL ACCUSERS- and the odds are, some have credible claims of wrong doing by Watson, but even if Watson loses all 22 cases, the only thing that happens is the checks he writes get bigger and any NFL suspension could increase.  He will still play in the NFL again.  My belief, with no evidence at all, is that the Browns did not just try to investigate the 22/24 allegations against Watson, but they probably tried to look and see if there are other possible crimes that we don't know about in his past and tried to assess whether, assuming the allegations are true, he is likely to get in a similar or worse situation again.  That is the bet they made.

McDowell has had multiple chances and has now blown it with two NFL teams.  There is no reason to make another bet on him, although I hope the young man can pull his life together because he clearly has problems and probably needs professional help.  Dee Haslam may be right and Watson may need some professional help too.😉

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Bottom line is that the Cleveland Browns have become the face of not caring about character “because talent” which many of us have rightly hated on for years. 

I think they value character to some extent, just not in a moral sense. Deshaun Watson is good in the locker room from all accounts, he is a good team mate. They dont draft guys who are a headache, from what I can recall. 

when you are putting together a talented football team you dont get to bring in 53 Russel Wilsons, you always have to make a sacrifice on morals. 

1 hour ago, mrpazzo said:

Wow, per wikipedia, McDowell was in a ATV accident that caused injuries that prevented him from practicing, was arrested for driving under the influence in Sept.  2017, sentenced to 12 months of probation.  Then arrested again in  Dec. 2017 for disorderly conduct, in Feb 2018 got into an altercation was charged with assault, resisting arrest, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, in Apr. 2019 was arrested for receiving and concealing stolen property involving a stolen car in his possession and plead guilty to all of the CRIMINAL charges and sentenced to 11 months in jail and now after doing time and getting arrested again in Jan. 2022.

No one needs to give Watson the benefit of the doubt, or even believe that he should play in the NFL let alone play for the Browns, but to compare the two guys, well that dog don't hunt.  One has multiple run-ins with the law, and was convicted on criminal charges.  The other is accused to be a sexual predator, which the judicial authorities have declined to indict. Yes he has 22 accusers, CIVIL ACCUSERS- and the odds are, some have credible claims of wrong doing by Watson, but even if Watson loses all 22 cases, the only thing that happens is the checks he writes get bigger and any NFL suspension could increase.  He will still play in the NFL again.  My belief, with no evidence at all, is that the Browns did not just try to investigate the 22/24 allegations against Watson, but they probably tried to look and see if there are other possible crimes that we don't know about in his past and tried to assess whether, assuming the allegations are true, he is likely to get in a similar or worse situation again.  That is the bet they made.

McDowell has had multiple chances and has now blown it with two NFL teams.  There is no reason to make another bet on him, although I hope the young man can pull his life together because he clearly has problems and probably needs professional help.  Dee Haslam may be right and Watson may need some professional help too.😉

(I was being a bit tongue in cheek :)) 

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

Except that he immediately would improve our DL, where we need help.

Depending how things looking. Then they might go back to Malik. If Togiai and Winfrey look good we might be set for now. If they look like it’s still early then maybe you bring Malik back then. See how it plays out.