warfelg

Who are you keeping  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What combo do you keep?

• DJ/Fitz
    • DJ/Boz
    • Fitz/Boz

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

As of right now there’s the potential of DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLauren out there.  Not to mention the potential 2023 free agents that could warrant a trade due to lack of talks like CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Pittman.

All things equal would you take DJ over most of them?

No, but let's actually be real - I just adjusted your list to who will be making it to Free Agency. Sorry man, none of those dudes are making it. At worst, guys like Metcalf and Samuel are going to be traded and immediately signed to an extension like AJ Brown just was. 

So, for Aiyuk? Yes, and it's not that hard of a choice. BA was really disappointing last year, and couldn't even get targets or on the field at times, seemingly for work ethic from what I read. So, if they are going to trade Deebo AND let their first round receiver hit FA...what's that tell you about him?

And would I rather sign DJ to $20M vs trading a 1st + more in draft capital AND then paying out an extension for $25M+ for CeeDee and JJ? Absolutely. 

Edited by Dcash4

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm much more interested in a Tuitt sighting, honestly. The FO drafting 2 WRs has made me care a whole lot less about Diontae. If he stays, he's gone after the year and we get a comp pick. If he goes, we trade him for something fun. 

Heyward commented on confidence Tuitt will be there for mandatory workouts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

No, but let's actually be real - I just adjusted your list to who will be making it to Free Agency. Sorry man, none of those dudes are making it. At worst, guys like Metcalf and Samuel are going to be traded and immediately signed to an extension like AJ Brown just was. 

So, for Aiyuk? Yes, and it's not that hard of a choice. BA was really disappointing last year, and couldn't even get targets or on the field at times, seemingly for work ethic from what I read. So, if they are going to trade Deebo AND let their first round receiver hit FA...what's that tell you about him?

And would I rather sign DJ to $20M vs trading a 1st + more in draft capital AND then paying out an extension for $25M+ for CeeDee and JJ? Absolutely. 

DJ gonna get $25+mil too. Spotrac is notoriously on the low side and they have him as $22mil AAV right now. 

Just now, warfelg said:

Heyward commented on confidence Tuitt will be there for mandatory workouts. 

I saw that. Alualu apparently hinted at it too, according to the other live thread we've got. 

Apparently the opening IOL was Dotson at LG, Cole at C, Daniels at RG. Trubs took the opening snaps too. Just thought I'd add this. I doubt it means much, just something to talk about. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I saw that. Alualu apparently hinted at it too, according to the other live thread we've got. 

Apparently the opening IOL was Dotson at LG, Cole at C, Daniels at RG. Trubs took the opening snaps too. Just thought I'd add this. I doubt it means much, just something to talk about. 

I like it. I think Green will compete with Dotson, but having him lose out is a “win” by being a great swingIOL. 

Just now, August4th said:

I've never been so excited to see a offense that will probably be average at best. I just so ready for something different after the last few yrs lol

I want it to look like a modern offense. It might not be great, but I just want it to flow. The Canada/Big Ben fit was so clunky. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I want it to look like a modern offense. It might not be great, but I just want it to flow. The Canada/Big Ben fit was so clunky. 

felt like the offense was running  5-10 play playbook from like madden 02 with a Oline rating in the 60s

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

DJ gonna get $25+mil too. Spotrac is notoriously on the low side and they have him as $22mil AAV right now. 

Maybe, but I would highly doubt it. Yes, Christian Kirk broke the system, but just this year we had Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, and Brandin Cooks all just signed with a AAV of $20M or lower. Moore just signed last year for $20M. Michael Thomas, Kenny Golladay, Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp -- all in the $16M-$20M range. Allen Robinson just inked for $15M. 

So if you were the agent for DJ, which group are you more likely to place him in? Hill, Adams, Hopkins, Brown, and Diggs north of $24M? Probably not. These contracts are always about "next man up, not best man up", but it's hard to slot DJ ahead of Diggs -- who literally just signed. I could see him edging out DJ Moore's deal, but that's about it. 

But it still goes back to this...I would rather pay just money on non-fully guaranteed contract for DJ than pay draft capital AND that money for an outside of the organization receiver. And if any of those guys did hit FA -- you are talking looking in the $30M range because of the free market competition. 

3 hours ago, August4th said:

felt like the offense was running  5-10 play playbook from like madden 02 with a Oline rating in the 60s

On All Madden difficulty, with Bens mobility and deep pass rating turned down to 0.

My last comment on the matter, but if we were to pay DJ anywhere close to the numbers cited in this thread, this team deserves to be the laughing stock of the division for the foreseeable future.   

This team used to be relatively smart when it came to these types of contracts.   

It just boggles my mind to be talking about this kind of money for even top 5 WRs....and I doubt DJ is even top 15.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

My last comment on the matter, but if we were to pay DJ anywhere close to the numbers cited in this thread, this team deserves to be the laughing stock of the division for the foreseeable future.   

This team used to be relatively smart when it came to these types of contracts.   

It just boggles my mind to be talking about this kind of money for even top 5 WRs....and I doubt DJ is even top 15.

PFF left him off the top 32 calling him a volume guy at best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Maybe, but I would highly doubt it. Yes, Christian Kirk broke the system, but just this year we had Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, and Brandin Cooks all just signed with a AAV of $20M or lower. Moore just signed last year for $20M. Michael Thomas, Kenny Golladay, Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp -- all in the $16M-$20M range. Allen Robinson just inked for $15M. 

So if you were the agent for DJ, which group are you more likely to place him in? Hill, Adams, Hopkins, Brown, and Diggs north of $24M? Probably not. These contracts are always about "next man up, not best man up", but it's hard to slot DJ ahead of Diggs -- who literally just signed. I could see him edging out DJ Moore's deal, but that's about it. 

But it still goes back to this...I would rather pay just money on non-fully guaranteed contract for DJ than pay draft capital AND that money for an outside of the organization receiver. And if any of those guys did hit FA -- you are talking looking in the $30M range because of the free market competition. 

@warfelg

@Dcash4 pretty much summed up my thoughts in this post…Moore/Goodwin/Williams are all $20 mill avg and roughly the same area of talent/age as DJ.

Truthfully FA will cause us to have to pay more than that to replace him at the same talent level.