Cardinals to be on in-season "Hard Knocks"

Forge

So there is the normal Hard Knocks for the summer and preseason, and then an in season one for the Cardinals? If they do another in season collapse with Kyler wanting an extension there could be a lot of drama. I'd be pretty upset to have been selected for this first in season one if I was the Cards.

There was some kind of boring Jameis Winston thing in a little town and I never watched another second of Hard Knocks after that.

Its not good TV. Its bad sports and bad reality TV multiplying like fractions to be a horrible product.

I still maintain I have only seen one scene of must-watch TV as a football fan on HK. When JJ Watt came to school Jake Matthews. Loved that scene. 

otherwise, it’s just so slow and boring. I am sorry, I really don’t care about their children. 

• Like 1

I didn't dislike the Texans run on Hard Knocks - a few good moments, a few interesting nuances that I didn't really know about how teams prep for the weeks leading up to the season. (Hopkins murdering Deangelo Hall in a joint practice was entertaining).

Was it great TV? No, but it wasn’t horrible TV. I’ll take this over anything on ESPN that isn’t 30 for 30, to be honest. A bunch of regional journalists yelling at each other on camera for 30 minutes isn’t my idea of entertaining, bringing in ex athletes to speak on subjects they know little about is equally as bad - so given the alternative, following a team around during the season is not the worst use of an hour. 

It’s not like they can all be The Last Dance or Winning Time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For such a die hard football forum, the vast majority (Myself included) doesn't give a damn about Hard Knocks. I don't know why, but it's just so meh.

The teams have been over sanitizing it in recent years.  They have complete editorial control.

Probably frustrating the heck out of the producers.

Nobody cares that a UDFA and a 7th round player may or may not get cut or that a player has a good marriage and lovely kids and they like to build stuff from IKEA.

Show the practices and drills and how players are coached up and taught and sprinkle the real drama in of true position battles and whatever drama happens to pop up.   

They could have had tv gold with the whole crazy Raiders and Brown situation and they blew it I hear (I don't watch it as I don't have HBO).