New Stadium Thread

e16bball

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

No, not that I’ve heard of. Just being a cynical jerk about it 😂

It does feel like a bit of a conflict of interest, what with the amount of money changing hands during the pendency of the “investigation.”

Oh okay. I was out of the loop on news for awhile as my whole family got covid (one after another including me) so I thought I missed something.

Yeah, it does feel a bit dirty doesn't it?

As far as I understand this, they didn't buy land, they bought the rights to buy it.  They basically put a deposit reserving a house.

If this is the correct understanding, it is just smart business.  They just put a gun to the head of D.C. and other sites saying now is the time to offer an alternative.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

The ones that were going to bail have done so already. 

There's still the next generation, which they currently struggle with. Your kids, for example. It'll be tougher for them regardless.

Yes, Daddy "loves" the team, but we can't go to games or anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

There's still the next generation, which they currently struggle with. Your kids, for example. It'll be tougher for them regardless.

Yes, Daddy "loves" the team, but we can't go to games or anything. 

My kids will be able to go to the games. They are able to go now that it's in Fed Ex. The DC "I don't want it moved because I only use Metro" people will be just fine.

Plus as I said, it won't matter where they are if they keep losing. If they start winning it also won't matter where they are

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

My kids will be able to go to the games. They are able to go now that it's in Fed Ex. The DC "I don't want it moved because I only use Metro" people will be just fine

We'll see. I am not so sure. 

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

As far as I understand this, they didn't buy land, they bought the rights to buy it.  They basically put a deposit reserving a house.

If this is the correct understanding, it is just smart business.  They just put a gun to the head of D.C. and other sites saying now is the time to offer an alternative.

Correct. I saw this last night. I still think the best place is right where it's at now. 2nd best is by Dulles. 3rd best is Woodbridge. So buying the option is a smart move for them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, offbyone said:

It's never going back to DC. It shouldn't even be an option at this point. The best part about DC is it's mostly transplants and they whine about everything that they attempt to build there. 

• Like 1

No matter where this stadium goes if there’s not a direct metro acces to the stadium like the Nats and Caps/ Wiz traffic will be a nightmare. 95 past Lorton to the Bridge and too the beltway is a parking lot. That said honestly I’ve grown numb to off the field with this team. Even if Snyder did or didn’t do all accused things let’s not act like this man is going to be forgiven for the dysfunction. I do personally think there’s a lot more to these things then what’s being reported. I think there’s a reason everyone knew Bruce was a snake and I think Dan allowed Bruce to do his thing and I think now Dan is getting his deserved backlash for that. As a MD resident of course I’d prefer the current location. But honestly in a few years my plan is to move from the area all together to only really return for random games and to link with family. So ultimately it’s not a huge deal.  Wish this fanbase and all of us the excitement we’ve lacked for the last 20 plus. Hopefully the stadium and football complex is dope. Hopefully Ron can show this year and beyond things behind the scenes have grown better. But whatever happens we will always have skepticism until there’s consistent winning level rosters and coaching. But is Snyder can recluse himself and they just keep attacking him this fanbase will just leave a new site Barron for opposing fans as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It's never going back to DC. It shouldn't even be an option at this point. The best part about DC is it's mostly transplants and they whine about everything that they attempt to build there. 

Yeah you are right.  Reality is D.C. is a long shot even without any political nonsense around the team.  There just aren't enough site options and RFK has never seemed like a realistic option.

32 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

No matter where this stadium goes if there’s not a direct metro acces to the stadium like the Nats and Caps/ Wiz traffic will be a nightmare.

To me this is the only thing that really matters.  It could be anywhere as long as there is decent public transit access.  I just can't imagine this isn't at the top of their minds.

• Like 1

I love the location and think its best for Virginia as a whole. Which has millions more to its population than DC and Maryland combined. With the majority of Maryland cheering their own squad in the Ravens to begin with.

Public Transport? Thats every teams enemy. Why allow people to pay public trans to get there, when they can charge for parking and keep that money themself? Another point as to why they need to cater to VA over DC. Virginians will drive and fill their pockets with parking money. From the East, West and South of Woodbridge anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

My kids will be able to go to the games. They are able to go now that it's in Fed Ex. The DC "I don't want it moved because I only use Metro" people will be just fine.

Plus as I said, it won't matter where they are if they keep losing. If they start winning it also won't matter where they are

Yes, it’s more that they put a crap product on the field than anything but, if they move to hoodbridge, VA, it will be the furthethat they’ve ever been from Washington, DC. Landover is only 10 miles from DC and a lot of people complain about that as it is.

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Woodbridge is NoVa dude. Du fries is as well. Some people are acting like these places are located near Richmond. It’s really not that far from DC to the point where every story about Woodbridge it’s usually called a suburb of DC. 

I didn’t think Prince William County was considered NOVA. I thought that was an Arlington, Fairfax & Loudon thing, but once you started going down 95 & hit Prince William I thought they stopped calling it NOVA either way, it’s 30-35 miles from DC. Richmond is 100 miles from DC, so it’s basically 1/3 of the way to Richmond down 95 which is one of the worse roads for traffic in the USA.

Again, I work 10 miles south of Hoodbridge in Triangle, a stones throw from Quantico. It’s not far miles wide from DC (30-35 miles) but all of us who live in the DC area know that 30-35 miles means 1 to 2 hours of traffic.

Them moving to Hoodbridge is equivalent to if they moved the stadium north to Fredrick in Maryland. It’s just south instead of north.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

If they go to Virginia, especially with the way the franchise is now, they will lose the rest of the Maryland fans to the Ravens.  Right now before rush hour it is 1 hour and 13 minutes to get from work to Woodbridge.  Probably double that with stadium traffic.  I’m not doing that and I have memories tied up in attending games and family history with the team.  

Folks with much less connection aren’t going to do it either.  

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t think Prince William County was considered NOVA. I thought that was an Arlington, Fairfax & Loudon thing, but once you started going down 95 & hit Prince William I thought they stopped calling it NOVA either way, it’s 30-35 miles from DC. Richmond is 100 miles from DC, so it’s basically 1/3 of the way to Richmond down 95 which is one of the worse roads for traffic in the USA.

Again, I work 10 miles south of Hoodbridge in Triangle, a stones throw from Quantico. It’s not far miles wide from DC (30-35 miles) but all of us who live in the DC area know that 30-35 miles means 1 to 2 hours of traffic.

Them moving to Hoodbridge is equivalent to if they moved the stadium north to Fredrick in Maryland. It’s just south instead of north.

The hell lol. PWC is literally 25-30 minutes from DC. It’s NoVa. I live in Old Town Alexandria and go to my parents in Lake Ridge nearly every weekend. 

https://www.berliklaw.com/northern-virginia-information.html

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1