New Stadium Thread

e16bball

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Montgomery County “where I live!” Since were doing that, is ranked 19th in the country 

The median household income is $110,389. 

There are 3,144 counties and equivalents in the United States. The source of the data is the US Census Bureau and the data is current as of the indicated year.

My parents house is worth like $700,000 it’s near the Kentlands in Gaithersburg, MD; they paid $120,000 for it in 1983. My sister and brother-in-law spent $950,000 on their house in Darnestown MD in 2012. It’s worth $1.3 million now.

And that’s not even counting Potomac Maryland where Dan Snyder used to live, Alonzo Morning, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson & others used to have houses or currently do.

Ted Leonsis lives in Potomac Maryland. The Lerners live in Chevy Chase, Md.

Just saying, really wealthy people live in MoCo. Virginia has more as it has more people & more big business plus more high ranking career military jobs but, Maryland is not far off. There are 272,000 millionaires in Virginia & 222,000 in Maryland.

Yup. I know. Some of the wealthiest ones are around DC. Including MoCo. Was just going by the list which compares the income vs. the cost of living (which provides the disposable income). As for "really wealthy people" I can list the same for VA (the #1 for MD would come in around #3 or #4 in VA). Except we're only talking a handful of individuals for VA and MD. We're talking about the average income and disposable income vs. the other counties. And 4 of the VA counties in NoVa are in the top 7. Which provides a better pull than MD counties (where the fanbase has eroded anyway).

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I agree, I guess I just always considered Arlington, Fairfax & Loudon more NoVa than that area but I’m sure the ppl that live in PWC or Fauquier consider themselves NoVa or at least the majority of them.

I kind of consider Fauquier Co NoVa (mostly eastern Fauquier) but I also have started to consider Stafford as NoVa as well given how much it has grown and how much 95 has been widened down that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I can't bring myself to do it for Western Fauquier though. But yeah right there is the sweet spot for NoVa for FC

Western and Southern Fauquier are the ones that don't want you to either 😁

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, there's a switchover for people out there who pride themselves in "not" being NoVa

That’s more what I was thinking. Not sure where the line is, I guess it’s around where you guys are saying but there definitely some kind of place where the thinking goes from “we live in NoVa” to, screw NoVa! Haha 😂 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I know. Some of the wealthiest ones are around DC. Including MoCo. Was just going by the list which compares the income vs. the cost of living (which provides the disposable income). As for "really wealthy people" I can list the same for VA. Except we're only talking a handful of individuals for VA and MD. We're talking about the average income and disposable income vs. the other counties. And 4 of the VA counties in NoVa are in the top 7. Which provides a better pull than MD counties (where the fanbase has eroded anyway).

Im where all those from DC and Richmond have homes on the water at. Most spend their weekdays in the city, weekends out here.

My point alone. (2milesx2miles) 20+ homesteads. That I know of, 6 come out of Richmond/CVA for weekends, few from NVA, 2 DC and 1 Charlottesville. We even sport a Malaysian ambassador. Only 5 are actually from this area. Rest are retirees from all over. Germany, Tennessee, Vermont, Maine and such.

If these people dont mind all that travel on a Friday to get over here next to me. I seriously doubt all that many would complain traveling 30 miles to a game. lol

• Like 1

Washington needs to worry about winning over location.

If their not winning, it won't matter if their Stadium is in Peru, with Jurassic Dinosaurs 🦕 🦖 in cages along the interior of the Stadium.

Nobody will show...

It's no longer " if you build it, people will come".

It's now...."if you look competitive, giving 100%, have a QB that doesn't suck & beat the Cowboys, Eagles & Giants regularly & win games & consistently make the Playoffs, people will come".

• Like 2

Don’t have a dog in the fight since I’m more likely to attend a Miami Hurricanes game in Iraq than I would be a Commanders game anywhere, but I would not want my tax dollars anywhere near Dan Snyder. The return on public dollars for infrastructure around stadiums is always pretty low, and that’s even with billionaires who are comparatively less sleazy than Snyder. 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 5:30 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Washington needs to worry about winning over location.

If their not winning, it won't matter if their Stadium is in Peru, with Jurassic Dinosaurs 🦕 🦖 in cages along the interior of the Stadium.

Nobody will show...

It's no longer " if you build it, people will come".

It's now...."if you look competitive, giving 100%, have a QB that doesn't suck & beat the Cowboys, Eagles & Giants regularly & win games & consistently make the Playoffs, people will come".

This is what I've been saying. If they are winning, the ones complaining about a VA location will either make the trek or they won't. But no one is going to games now and it's "in MD" and "close" and metro accessible.

Fix the winning and the fans will return (no matter where it is). And they will make plans to go to the games. For those who like public transportation, bus lines will be created. And I do believe that people in MD own cars, so they are fully capable of making the trip that is half as long as the one I make now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Don’t have a dog in the fight since I’m more likely to attend a Miami Hurricanes game in Iraq than I would be a Commanders game anywhere, but I would not want my tax dollars anywhere near Dan Snyder. The return on public dollars for infrastructure around stadiums is always pretty low, and that’s even with billionaires who are comparatively less sleazy than Snyder. 

Yup. This is why I want it to stay in MD.

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

In fairness, Peterson is more ticked about the name change than anything else. If you read into the story, you'll see his opposition hinges on that.

That’s definitely some of it, I listened to the interview on 106.7. It was name change & he doesn’t believe that the fanbase will support the current regime just like the Landover area support has deteriorated over the last 20 years of losing. He said if the team doesn’t win it won’t be successful no matter where it goes & neither will the area built up around it, which concerns him when they’re investing $250 to 300 million of Virginia’s taxpayers dollars into any facility.

He felt the team is similar to an expansion team now & the history has been a bit lost not only bc of the name change but just really everything. They don’t win, not as many kids love the team like guys our age did growing up. Its just lost its family/community  atmosphere of support it had in the 70s, 80s & early 90s. It’s not a loveable franchise anymore under Damn Snyder. It’s run more like a corporation with no feeling or connection to its employees or in this case fanbase.

One thing that struck me though was that Chap Peterson wouldn’t call out Damn Snyder when asked by the Junkies specifically bc he knows Damn and has had good dinners with him in the past and said his experience with him has only been positive.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1