New Stadium Thread

e16bball

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

They seem to have a great fanbase, and haven't had their popularity drop as a fanbase substantially since 1999. You might be right. $7 could be the number and I wouldn't be surprised. Closer to $5 wouldn't either. 

Yeah I am just projecting.  It seems like the NFL franchise team values are like the WR market.  Pretty soon it is just going to be all big corps.  Not sure if that is better or worse than these families.  But if Walmart owns one then Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, Facebook, etc all need one too.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I also saw that Del Rios recent comments pissed off some of the state legislators.

The comments by Del Rio, no matter what side you fall on, should have no effect on a stadium deal and if our representatives are factoring those things in to economic decisions they should no longer be our representatives.

However, Snyder deserves no help from residents for his stadium he’s going to profit from that most won’t even be able to afford to attend. I want the decision to be because they care about the residents not because they’re upset Del Rio isn’t a part of their political party. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The comments by Del Rio, no matter what side you fall on, should have no effect on a stadium deal and if our representatives are factoring those things in to economic decisions they should no longer be our representatives.

However, Snyder deserves no help from residents for his stadium he’s going to profit from that most won’t even be able to afford to attend. I want the decision to be because they care about the residents not because they’re upset Del Rio isn’t a part of their political party. 

I was just posting what was reported in the news.

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I would say that Representatives can feel how they want to and decide accordingly. Most already don’t want to pay for the stadium, JDR’s comments just gives them another reason to say no.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would say that Representatives can fell how they want to and decide accordingly. Most already don’t want to pay for the stadium, JDR’s comments just gives them another reason to say no.

It has nothing to do with their job. Changing your vote because of ones political affiliation is not what they were voted in to do. They were voted in to make the best decisions for the people of the state they represent regardless of party line but this is about as far as we should go with this conversation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It has nothing to do with their job. Changing your vote because of ones political affiliation is not what they were voted in to do. They were voted in to make the best decisions for the people of the state they represent regardless of party line but this is about as far as we should go with this conversation. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Once again one of those things that probably has to stop before it gets too far down the road, but it’s really always important to remember that the only “freedom of speech” that exists in this country is the freedom to not be punished by the government for (almost) anything that you say. 

When you work for an extremely public company, one that has been taking an absolute beating in the PR department, the company has every right to expect its employees not to invite even more controversy and negative press with their public statements. If you want the ability to say whatever you like, go into business for yourself — but when you’re taking someone else’s paychecks and are a known public representative of their company, you have some obligation to curtail your controversial public statements. 

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean it’s legal for me to go into my work and tell off my boss, free speech and all, but I’ll get fired.

I hope it's one of those things where he puts it in his right hand and takes it from his left- for appearances. I guess JDR can handle a loss of a hunnerd grand .. Would sure shock my system ! ( thought the stock market is treating me even worse! ) Still, there's a principal(s) at work here .

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Once again one of those things that probably has to stop before it gets too far down the road, but it’s really always important to remember that the only “freedom of speech” that exists in this country is the freedom to not be punished by the government for (almost) anything that you say. 

When you work for an extremely public company, one that has been taking an absolute beating in the PR department, the company has every right to expect its employees not to invite even more controversy and negative press with their public statements. If you want the ability to say whatever you like, go into business for yourself — but when you’re taking someone else’s paychecks and are a known public representative of their company, you have some obligation to curtail your controversial public statements. 

That's well and good --If,, a BIG IF it works both ways . If he said the Jan 6th "riotors" should all be beheaded. What happens -pat on the back ?

BTW, didn't R R says this would be kept in house. Couldn't he have fined him and not announced it  ? Guess since it makes him look like "the Man" he made it public . 

Edited by RSkinGM
more info