ROCK out with my MOCK out!

Fatgerman

I came here to eat strudel and mock, and I'm all out of strudel.

This mock will be divisive. It will offend you. But is that not what mocks are all about? To begin, I know we need O-Tackles, but I hate this year's tackle prospects, so there isn't any. I think Arden Key will probably be the best pass rusher this year, but his character scares me, so no Key. I don't value free safeties like some do; I like speed at that position more than most. Some of my picks won't be name guys, but I'm combining PFF ranking and stats with my evals. Don't be mistaken, I have watched all of these guys. Finally, I do trade backs and trade ups. I know many here have soured on trade backs because of the current administration. But think Jimmy Johnson, not Sashi.

Head football Coach was the absolute most difficult part of my mock. None of the potential candidates were very inspiring in my eyes. Then I went outside the box. Then I burned the box.

HC: Dabo flippin' Swinney

College Football Dancing GIF by Clemson Tigers

With dance moves like these, the man is unstoppable. I'm tired of seeing him kick Urban's butt. Saban has approved of the move personally. The potential for vet NFL players to roll their eyes at a "College Coach" does give me pause. Then I remembered how ole Jerry made it work with Jimmy: 10 year contract. Then the coach can tell players, "Hey, look at my contract. I ain't goin' nowhere." I don't care about Chip Kelly. Or Harbaugh. Know the difference between Dabo and those other two?? Dabo actually won something. 

Dabo picks his staff and GM, I'm not gonna bother speculating.

Extensions: Danny Shelton, Duke Johnson

FA: Jarvis Landry WR 

Obviously we'll probable sign a few low level, depth guys, but this FA class isn't great.

Draft: Here's where you're really gonna hate me. Draft order is my best guess-timation. 

We end up with picks 1 and 5 in the first round. Picks 33, 37, and 61 in the 2nd round.

Darnold stays at USC, making Josh Rosen considered the clear #1. I know some are very high on Josh Allen, but his smaller school and putrid stats will scare most into going with Rosen. This is the part where you roll your eyes: We play Denver and the Giants against each other, and  trade #1 to NY Giants for #3, 35, and a second rounder next year.

We now have 3, 5, 33, 35, 37, and 61

Now, you're gonna track me down, stalk my home, and curb stomp me.

We trade #3 to the Jets for Josh Allen. We get #11, 43,  54, and a first next year. So, now we have #5, 11, 33, 35, 37, 43, 54, and 61. Plus an extra 1 and 2 for next year.

The reason I'm willing to make these trades? I think the best QB, the next Russell Wilson,-Dak Prescott, is Baker Mayfield. And I think he goes in the teens of the first round.

Wa-rdaddy Bradley Chubb - DE - NC State You can never have enough pass rush, plus he can go inside to rush on passing downs like Justin Tuck

Image result for bradley chubb

#11. Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU: Nuff said. I just can't count on Josh Gordon.

Image result for courtland sutton

Now we put our picks to use. We trade to #14 with Baltimore , in exchange for The NY Jets number 1 next year, and picks 37, 54, and our 3rd round pick.

# 14. Baker "The whole Dam Franchise" Mayfield

OU Mayfield GIF - OU Mayfield BakerMayfield GIFs

We now have 33, 35, 43, and 61 left in the 2nd round. Day two begins with the announcement that Cleveland has made a trade(big surprise). We trade #43 and our two 5th round picks to Patriots for # 34. We now have picks 33, 34, and 35...or also known as the whole flippin second round.

#33 Simmie Cobbs - WR - Indiana...We're lucky he fell this far. Beasted against Ohio St and the rest of the B1G. Again, no trust for Gordon

Image result for simmie cobbs

# 34: MJ Stewart - CB - North Carolina: Big corner who is used to covering outside and in the slot. Loads of athleticism and upside. Blossomed this year.

Image result for mj stewart

#35: Damien Harris - RB - Alabama: Gets mad yards after contact, top notch athlete, young, not overused.

Image result for damien harris

We trade to #52 from Buffalo, who have multiple picks in both 1st and 2nd rounds. We give up our third and NY Giants 2019 2nd round pick we got earlier.

#52: Jordan Wyatt - CB - SMU: Yes, two SMU mustangs. Don't laugh at me. Good size, long, great tackler, top cover man in AAC. PFF loves him. 

Image result for jordan wyatt

#61: Adarius Pickett - FS - UCLA: Plus tackler, athletic, hard hitter, plays in slot and deep safety. Not the biggest guy, but bigger than Budda Baker 

Image result for ardarius pickett

The rest of the draft BPA. 

Dabo gets a young athletic roster, and now adds a bushel of young athletic impact players.

Here's the new depth chart:

QB: Deshone Kizer / Baker Mayfield

RB: Damien Harris / Duke Johnson

WR: Josh Gordon(if he can stay clean) Courtland Sutton

WR: Corey Coleman / Simmie Cobbs

Slot: Jarvis 'Security Blanket' Landry

TE: David Njoku / Seth DeValve

LT: Joe Thomas LG: Joel Bitonio C: JC Tretter RG: Kevin Zeitler RT: Shon Coleman

DE: Myles Garrett / Nassib

DT: Larry Ogunjobi / Caleb Brantley

DT: Danny Shelton / Trevon Coley

DE: Manny Ogbah / Bradley Chubb

LB: Kirksey

LB: Schobert

LB: Collins / James Burgess

SS: Jabrill Peppers / Derrick Kindred

FS: Adarius Pickett / Kai Nacua

CB: Jason McCourty / Jordan Wyatt

CB: MJ Stewart / Jamar Taylor / Howard Wilson

Slot CB: Briean Boddy-Calhoun

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I gave up trying to track all of your picks. I have the slightest idea if this is a good mock or not lol. (Also I noticed Baker Mayfield in there somewhere... No. Too much like Manziel for my taste.)

That is all

Mastercheddaar

A guy gets tackled by the police one time and you wanna make Manziel comparisons... shame on you

This draft is top heavy so trading the #1 and not getting another 1st makes no sense.  

You got one, probably two too many WRs.  I know we're trying to fix our WR issue, but your draft & offseason make no sense in that regard.  Sure, we can't know for sure about Gordon, but Landry & Coco are going to start.  So would Kirk.  Then you got Gordon.  Then Simmie.  Too many high picks/$$ spent.  

I like Baker Mayfield more than most and can't hate the pick.  That said, we wouldn't take him after Christian Kirk if he is our guy--too risky.  Pick #11 would be where it happened.

No way Dabo comes here.

Fun read, too trade-y.

Archived