Ravens Sign CB Kyle Fuller

bmorecareful

We have to be honest here. We  wanna blame somebody here, it's freaking John Harbaugh.

The Ravens reached for 2 extremely raw guys in the 3rd round two drafts in a row and had to use them as key pieces due to injuries. The Tyre Phillips early experiment was a disaster and so was the Stephens experiment. But the Ravens reached for them based on the tools when most mocks had them as 5th/6th round prospects because they were too raw. I mean, Stephens was a RB most of his college career and was converted to CB after the SMU transfer.

You can't give guys like him key roles without proper development and expect them to succeed. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, warrenblue said:

We have to be honest here. We  wanna blame somebody here, it's freaking John Harbaugh.

The Ravens reached for 2 extremely raw guys in the 3rd round two drafts in a row and had to use them as key pieces due to injuries. The Tyre Phillips early experiment was a disaster and so was the Stephens experiment. But the Ravens reached for them based on the tools when most mocks had them as 5th/6th round prospects because they were too raw. I mean, Stephens was a RB most of his college career and was converted to CB after the SMU transfer.

You can't give guys like him key roles without proper development and expect them to succeed. 

I agree with the sentiment but to me taking reaches in the 3rd is way more of an EDC issue than Harbaugh. EDC is the guy who picked them.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, AngusMcFife said:

OK well than at least let's agree that we hope Stephens continues to improve and plays well whenever he gets the opportunity. The careers of NFL players are often unpredictable so I'm keeping an open mind. Giving up on a raw 3rd rounder playing multiple positions due to injury after one year seems rash. 

I agree with this. Last year wasn’t suppose to be any playing time for the guys mentioned. Yet our hand was forced. Though, sometimes the best way to learn is to have playing experience and build from it. It will show this season if he’s made a jump or not.

We do have a log jam, so he will have to play special teams to make the squad.