49ers OTAs Thread

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Not sure how Dohnovan West was as a prospect, any chance he could surprise and take the starting C role? 

Like, half a percent? A lot of people thought he was a solid mid round target as a prospect, but he ultimately went undrafted and he was one of the younger players in the draft (He just turned 21 two weeks ago). Even if he had gotten drafted in the 4th / 5th, you wouldn't have expected him to start from jump.   The idea of an uber young, undrafted free agent center prospect starting out of the gate for a team that probably has one of the more complex schemes in the league and puts a lot of stress on the position seems beyond wishful thinking, tbh. 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

Like, half a percent? A lot of people thought he was a solid mid round target as a prospect, but he ultimately went undrafted and he was one of the younger players in the draft (He just turned 21 two weeks ago). Even if he had gotten drafted in the 4th / 5th, you wouldn't have expected him to start from jump.   The idea of an uber young, undrafted free agent center prospect starting out of the gate for a team that probably has one of the more complex schemes in the league and puts a lot of stress on the position seems beyond wishful thinking, tbh. 

My thoughts too. If Lance was a seasoned vet then fine by me but not sure if I feel great if it was West snapping to Lance...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure. I think the best course we can hope for West is we get him onto the PS and see where he goes from there. If he can be something in a year or two, great. He's probably on the Jake Brendel path, which isn't a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I was watching a locked-on Vikings video that was specifically on JC Tretter. I guess he didn't practice the entire 2021 season due to his bad knees. Seems like the 49ers might be stuck with Brendal/Brunskill. 

Yeah, he's got bad knees and a bad ankle I believe. The lack of practicing really puts a wrinkle in having him come in to play. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Jake Brendel, come on down! 

I dont understand why Dee Ford hasnt been released yet. Its after June 1st. There shouldnt be any reason to hold onto him unless they are worried he will sign elsewhere? 

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

now let's see if Deebo shows up or not. 

He will be there. Probably wont practice but he will be in the building for sure. 

I am curious as to why we moved the minicamp date up at the last minute. Deebo is in CA right now, he was at the Warriors game, I am wondering if they moved it up partly so Deebo could come for a few days and then go back to Florida. 

That seems unlikely, but it would be a pretty good show of good faith if they did accommodate him like that, but it would also probably p!ss off some of his teammates though lol 

I wouldnt be thrilled if I was someone like Kittle who doesnt live in the area in the offseason, but suddenly I need to fly out in the next 24 hours to go to minicamp. Not saying thats Deebos fault by any stretch, but moving the minicamp up a week at the last minute seems very odd

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I dont understand why Dee Ford hasnt been released yet. Its after June 1st. There shouldnt be any reason to hold onto him unless they are worried he will sign elsewhere? 

He will be there. Probably wont practice but he will be in the building for sure. 

I am curious as to why we moved the minicamp date up at the last minute. Deebo is in CA right now, he was at the Warriors game, I am wondering if they moved it up partly so Deebo could come for a few days and then go back to Florida. 

That seems unlikely, but it would be a pretty good show of good faith if they did accommodate him like that, but it would also probably p!ss off some of his teammates though lol 

I wouldnt be thrilled if I was someone like Kittle who doesnt live in the area in the offseason, but suddenly I need to fly out in the next 24 hours to go to minicamp. Not saying thats Deebos fault by any stretch, but moving the minicamp up a week at the last minute seems very odd

It's probably more so that Shanny is a little tired of OTA's and wants to get his top players back in the building and wants to give the players an extra week off before training camp.