Jump to content

49ers OTAs Thread


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

So it's okay that sports reporting has devolved into what Cohn does? That's not reporting. It's trolling as a career, which is absolutely sickening. 

Here is the thing with Grant. People don't like his approach because fans don't like to see their guys criticized. Players don't like it because they know he cant do what he expects them to do. He is really hyperbolic and he is relentless when he gets his sights on something. However, he knows what he is talking about and he often times gets things right. People can dislike how he goes about things, but what has he said about JK that has been wrong? He said he has bad knees, he does. He said he is a bad pass rusher, he is. He said he should not have been picked where he was, he shouldn't have been. Now he is saying he thinks he will be a bust, I don't know how we can argue that until we see something otherwise. He also stated he was unprofessional, which was proved yesterday. I watch Grant, but he annoys me as well with how over the top he gets and how unwilling he is to take into account intangibles that are not seen, but he doesn't miss a whole lot on things. Kinlaw spent 6 minutes trying to devalue the opinion of a guy and his channel while going on the guys channel......Kinlaw spent 6 minutes saying Grant needed to stop talking about people like they were animals, the whole time spewing the same BS and spitting food out of his mouth. Kinlaw comes across as a fragile, insecure player who knows that his career is hanging in the balance. IT's unfortunate, but he didn't do himself any favors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

 

Arik.....lol. These two have had a ton of issues. Obviously well documented. Some of these players spend too much time worrying about what reporters are saying. To be fair Grant is more of a content creator than he is a journalist as you stated prior. He doesn't write anything earth shattering, but he is entertaining if you understand the prism its delivered from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Here is the thing with Grant. People don't like his approach because fans don't like to see their guys criticized. Players don't like it because they know he cant do what he expects them to do. He is really hyperbolic and he is relentless when he gets his sights on something. However, he knows what he is talking about and he often times gets things right. People can dislike how he goes about things, but what has he said about JK that has been wrong? He said he has bad knees, he does. He said he is a bad pass rusher, he is. He said he should not have been picked where he was, he shouldn't have been. Now he is saying he thinks he will be a bust, I don't know how we can argue that until we see something otherwise. He also stated he was unprofessional, which was proved yesterday. I watch Grant, but he annoys me as well with how over the top he gets and how unwilling he is to take into account intangibles that are not seen, but he doesn't miss a whole lot on things. Kinlaw spent 6 minutes trying to devalue the opinion of a guy and his channel while going on the guys channel......Kinlaw spent 6 minutes saying Grant needed to stop talking about people like they were animals, the whole time spewing the same BS and spitting food out of his mouth. Kinlaw comes across as a fragile, insecure player who knows that his career is hanging in the balance. IT's unfortunate, but he didn't do himself any favors.

When he throw out all negativity at some point you will hit on stuff. Hes wrong 90 percent of the time. But what context does he actually bring for fans? It's really pointless opinion. I can talk to my friends about opinions. He has no factual context to his articles or videos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

When he throw out all negativity at some point you will hit on stuff. Hes wrong 90 percent of the time. But what context does he actually bring for fans? It's really pointless opinion. I can talk to my friends about opinions. He has no factual context to his articles or videos. 

Funny you state he is 90% wrong, but ask for context for his opinions. Where is the context for your 90%? He hasn't been wrong at all about Kinlaw. Not once. He misses for sure, but you cant state he has no factual context when he is literally there, observing and asking questions to players and then make some generalization that you dont have the context for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Funny you state he is 90% wrong, but ask for context for his opinions. Where is the context for your 90%? He hasn't been wrong at all about Kinlaw. Not once. He misses for sure, but you cant state he has no factual context when he is literally there, observing and asking questions to players and then make some generalization that you dont have the context for.

Im speaking about Cohns career. Kinlaw everyone saw coming, don't act as if Cohn isn't the only one. Everyone in this forum did not like the pick because of his knee. Im not a Journalist I have no integrity to keep up. He has no factual evidence to provide outside of his opinion. When people are practicing everyone is speaking in opinion but when he talks he speaks as if it's facts. Outside of that what video did he provide factual context to back up his opinion? Literally never on anything. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Im curious if 49er players are going to just start ignoring Cohn, or give him pushback at pressers going forward. Kittle did it yesterday and Kyle always does to Cohn. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Here is the thing with Grant. People don't like his approach because fans don't like to see their guys criticized. Players don't like it because they know he cant do what he expects them to do. He is really hyperbolic and he is relentless when he gets his sights on something. However, he knows what he is talking about and he often times gets things right. People can dislike how he goes about things, but what has he said about JK that has been wrong? He said he has bad knees, he does. He said he is a bad pass rusher, he is. He said he should not have been picked where he was, he shouldn't have been. Now he is saying he thinks he will be a bust, I don't know how we can argue that until we see something otherwise. He also stated he was unprofessional, which was proved yesterday. I watch Grant, but he annoys me as well with how over the top he gets and how unwilling he is to take into account intangibles that are not seen, but he doesn't miss a whole lot on things. Kinlaw spent 6 minutes trying to devalue the opinion of a guy and his channel while going on the guys channel......Kinlaw spent 6 minutes saying Grant needed to stop talking about people like they were animals, the whole time spewing the same BS and spitting food out of his mouth. Kinlaw comes across as a fragile, insecure player who knows that his career is hanging in the balance. IT's unfortunate, but he didn't do himself any favors.

So Cohn calls Kinlaw unprofessional?! What a hypocrite! Coming from a guy who makes his money baiting/poking others calls the reaction he gets 'unprofessional'? Again, what irony!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Arik.....lol. These two have had a ton of issues. Obviously well documented. Some of these players spend too much time worrying about what reporters are saying. To be fair Grant is more of a content creator than he is a journalist as you stated prior. He doesn't write anything earth shattering, but he is entertaining if you understand the prism its delivered from. 

In education, we call those who are entertained by the bullying of others 'enablers'. These people are the main reason bullies continue to exist. Just think about that when we claim to be entertained by it...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The main concern I have with what happened last night, is that Kinlaw devalued himself personally and professionally. He let another person (Grant Cohn) live rent free in his head and get the best of him. I don’t care if you like Grant Cohn or his opinion because that’s all it is, but one thing is for certain he will push your buttons. Only difference he has a big platform to voice his opinion. That’s why players/coaches can ignore him or move on from it, but you have to understand, it’s his job to make these subjects or opinions and write about them. Regardless if true or not, Javon let him get the best of him in a setting that is now mainstream and being utilized in a professional manner. Hence the reason why everyone got nervous when Deebo deleted his Social media of the Niners. Same concept. You don’t need to like him, but you have to understand he’s going to push the envelope and do his job, true or not. Simple honestly. Never let another person get in your head and diminish what you believe (or strive). 

Edited by StevenK
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

In education, we call those who are entertained by the bullying of others 'enablers'. These people are the main reason bullies continue to exist. Just think about that when we claim to be entertained by it...

"Bullying". He expressed his opinion of JK, his inability to stay healthy and his lack of productivity when he is on the field. Can he be incessant? For sure, but this isnt school. The two are nowhere near analogous. It's hyperbolic to even compare them. This is a grown athlete having an issue with a guy saying he isn't good enough and then deciding the answer was to act like a fool. He doesn't have to react a certain way, but how he acts will dictate how he is perceived. Believe it or not there are people out there that find the content and analysis from Grant and his guests actually entertaining and couldn't care less about how he feels about the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

The main concern I have with what happened last night, is that Kinlaw devalued himself personally and professionally. He let another person (Grant Cohn) live rent free in his head and get the best of him. I don’t care if you like Grant Cohn or his opinion because that’s all it is, but one thing is for certain he will push your buttons. Only difference he has a big platform to voice his opinion. That’s why players/coaches can ignore him or move on from it, but you have to understand, it’s his job to make these subjects or opinions and write about them. Regardless if true or not, Javon let him get the best of him in a setting that is now mainstream and being utilized in a professional manner. Hence the reason why everyone got nervous when Deebo deleted his Social media of the Niners. Same concept. You don’t need to like him, but you have to understand he’s going to push the envelope and do his job, true or not. Simple honestly. Never let another person get in your head and diminish what you believe (or strive). 

Kinlaw comes off terrible imo on this. We can all rationalize why he felt the need to do what he did. The lack of awareness it takes to confront the guy in person, knowing he is going to tell the story and use it and then jump into his livestream and voluntarily go on an unplanned tirade hurling insults and contradicting yourself is baffling. It does provide a look into the psyche of some pro athletes. Some if not most of these guys are the man in College and have to elevate at the pro level. Some do and some dont. Some have issues with their bodies like JK and some get put in really bad situations where they are not a fit to a scheme or philosophy. Either way it shows the mental toll it can take. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i remember their being a report at some point, when JK was shut down, that he was furious over it. i would imagine a writer attacking his health is going to touch on something.

 

JK rightfully looks awful, but Grant doubling down on the vitriol is a show of true colors. PLENTY of writers rail on players and the team. Grant seems to be the only one who gets this sort of reaction. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

"Bullying". He expressed his opinion of JK, his inability to stay healthy and his lack of productivity when he is on the field. Can he be incessant? For sure, but this isnt school. The two are nowhere near analogous. It's hyperbolic to even compare them. This is a grown athlete having an issue with a guy saying he isn't good enough and then deciding the answer was to act like a fool. He doesn't have to react a certain way, but how he acts will dictate how he is perceived. Believe it or not there are people out there that find the content and analysis from Grant and his guests actually entertaining and couldn't care less about how he feels about the players.

We've been through this before: if there is a similarity--even slight!--it is comparable. Comparable does not mean an exact match nor the same thing. Therefore, if there is the slightest similarity, they are indeed 'analogous' or comparable. 

And those who are entertained are enablers. If no one watched, Cohn would quit. It is eerily similar to bullying. 

Yes, Kinlaw should just shake it off and walk away--I agree with that completely. He's also feeding the monster that is Cohn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Kinlaw comes off terrible imo on this. We can all rationalize why he felt the need to do what he did. The lack of awareness it takes to confront the guy in person, knowing he is going to tell the story and use it and then jump into his livestream and voluntarily go on an unplanned tirade hurling insults and contradicting yourself is baffling. It does provide a look into the psyche of some pro athletes. Some if not most of these guys are the man in College and have to elevate at the pro level. Some do and some dont. Some have issues with their bodies like JK and some get put in really bad situations where they are not a fit to a scheme or philosophy. Either way it shows the mental toll it can take. 

I agree, but I don’t feel I can rationalize with Kinlaw. The main concern I have with the whole situation is that he allowed Grant Cohn (or any reporter for that matter) rent free space in his head. He allowed his words to get those reactions out of Javon. Words. Grant doesn’t pay that man, he’s not one of his employees, nothing. He’s a reporter who is talking/writing about a player/team that he is required to write about or chose to. In the end, Javon decided to act the way he did, unprofessionally and personally disrespectfully about it. When you already have the spotlight on yourself for being a professional athlete, you can’t do things like this. Even if you are not an athlete, in your own work environment, if some random person comes up to me and says i’m trash. I don’t care! He doesn’t pay me! I need to prove to my coaches/boss that I can perform. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...