49ers OTAs Thread

49erurtaza

All this talk of how Kinlaw looked so bad at how he handled this and the backlash he was going to get.....It's kind of been the opposite? All current and former 49ers commentating are dragging Cohn and are happy Kinlaw did what he did. Now, that does not mean the team will be very happy with Kinlaw but some were even questioning if Kinlaw would have a job by today L-O-L. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

If Grant can make the story about himself, he's happy. He's not a journalist. He doesn't want to write/report a story. He wants to create the story. He succeeded.

True, but I think the bigger issue is that many journalist, even outside of sports writing, have zero accountability.

meaning, Grant writes a story saying Kinlaw is a bust and that he stated that from the beginning, and if true, he looks like a genius….or that he knows what he is talking about. On the flip side, if Kinlaw becomes an all pro or pro bowler, Grant just says “oh well, I was wrong” and nothing comes of it. They are not held to the fire for their comments or hot takes that can shed a bad light on the player and there are no consequences for his takes.

that’s my take and issue

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All this talk of how Kinlaw looked so bad at how he handled this and the backlash he was going to get.....It's kind of been the opposite? All current and former 49ers commentating are dragging Cohn and are happy Kinlaw did what he did. Now, that does not mean the team will be very happy with Kinlaw but some were even questioning if Kinlaw would have a job by today L-O-L. 

I didn't understand the thought that he might get cut. You just sit and talk with him. It wasn't that big of a deal. 

It was definitely a bad look optically, but at the same time all of us can understand the reason as to why he got away from himself a bit with that. His teammates and others I imagine understand it even more so. I'm not surprised that they have his back given they all know what dealing with Cohn is like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

If Grant can make the story about himself, he's happy. He's not a journalist. He doesn't want to write/report a story. He wants to create the story. He succeeded.

Excellent way to look at it. 

Grant has had this coming. I'm sure he'll still have his "he just tells it like it is" defenders. But that's more so Kawakami. Grant has always come off as a parasite with an agenda. Not a reporter with an inkling of journalistic integrity. 

I think most people with a shred of common sense can see the difference in giving a player criticism on their play, and just being a dirtbag. Grant is all heehaw about getting a fat payday if he gets assaulted, but who cares about being a millionaire if you have to eat your food through a straw for the rest of your days. I would not provoke someone that big being Grant's size. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Grant has had this coming. I'm sure he'll still have his "he just tells it like it is" defenders. But that's more so Kawakami. Grant has always come off as a parasite with an agenda. Not a reporter with an inkling of journalistic integrity. 

I think most people with a shred of common sense can see the difference in giving a player criticism on their play, and just being a dirtbag. Grant is all heehaw about getting a fat payday if he gets assaulted, but who cares about being a millionaire if you have to eat your food through a straw for the rest of your days. I would not provoke someone that big being Grant's size. 

Image result for son your ego is writing checks your body can't cash gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Apparently nothing was squashed lol. 

Man, I wish he’d just shut up at this point. This reminds me of when he was being held out for his knee last year, started posting that he wasn’t hurt, and then ended up getting knee surgery.

This kind of reminds me of Reuben Foster in a way. Lynch is going out of his way to try and help this dude, then he immediately turns around and stirs crap up again. 

Obviously this is a completely different situation, but the mindset seems to have some parallels IMO.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Man, I wish he’d just shut up at this point. This reminds me of when he was being held out for his knee last year, started posting that he wasn’t hurt, and then ended up getting knee surgery.

This kind of reminds me of Reuben Foster in a way. Lynch is going out of his way to try and help this dude, then he immediately turns around and stirs crap up again. 

Obviously this is a completely different situation, but the mindset seems to have some parallels IMO.

Yeah, I think this is a bad look as well. Ultimately its not probably not a big deal, not something that you want to make a mountain out of a mole hill of.  I get that he doesn't want to just acquiesce to Cohn's spin zone, but this was the time to just swallow it...especially after your GM got involved and you shook hands, said what you need to say, etc. It's saying this after the Lynch involvement that bothers me a lot, tbh. I'm not sure why, just does...maybe it just feels like he's not "getting it" a bit. I don't know. 

He didn't have to forgive and forget, but you also don't have to continue to propagate it in the immediacy of the moment. Let Cohn say what he's going to say about it be squashed and just remember moving forward. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think this is a bad look as well. Ultimately its not probably not a big deal, not something that you want to make a mountain out of a mole hill of.  I get that he doesn't want to just acquiesce to Cohn's spin zone, but this was the time to just swallow it...especially after your GM got involved and you shook hands, said what you need to say, etc. It's saying this after the Lynch involvement that bothers me a lot, tbh. I'm not sure why, just does...maybe it just feels like he's not "getting it" a bit. I don't know. 

He didn't have to forgive and forget, but you also don't have to continue to propagate it in the immediacy of the moment. Let Cohn say what he's going to say about it be squashed and just remember moving forward. 

It bothers you because it comes with a level of disrespect to the guy who drafted him. Lynch extended the olive branch between the two because he understood the optics. You do the song and dance in his office and move on. JK exposes his lack of awareness again unfortunately. This isn't going to cost JK his spot, but he also hasn't accrued enough equity in his couple years here to do these things and not have it play a role in his option year. The best thing for him is to hide out, go to work and show it on the field.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cohn really messed up here. Regardless of how bad Kinlaw looked, it is clear the players in the locker room are not fans of his at all....Minus Jimmie Ward who loves Cohn lol. 

Yeah, but it doesn't stop him from being there. It wont stop him from creating his content and it wont stop him from asking questions. He will get generic responses, but he already kind of gets that as it is. I think the players are doing what they are supposed to do and have each others backs and truly a lot of them don't like Grant, but his statement about making money off of being assaulted by JK is being taken out of context by the players. He was asked if he was afraid and he said no and then used that example of why he wasn't afraid of Kinlaw. Arik is being dumb about it. Its a bunch of childish stuff on every level one after the other. Reporters know they can't be touched by the players, players know they cant touch them. The only thing that could really happen here would be the revoking of credentials, but thats a really slippery slope as we all know.

I can't wait for pressers. Hope every single player gives Cohn a cold shoulder or pushback. I love how none of the reporters care to acknowledge Cohn or Kinlaw's craziness this week. Says a lot about what they think of Cohn haha. If it was anyone else I'm sure they would have put pressure on the 49ers to punish him publicly. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1