Who will be the surprise QB of 2022?

brownie man

I got two

1. Trubisky will be in the top 12-15 QB range for the Steelers and be more desired than Baker in FA
  2. Tua will have really nice stats on the back of his WR's YAC, and cause utter confusion over whether he is a good QB or not
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, August4th said:

Too early to say. I think all 3(even mason) will get a fair shot at the job. 

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

Lets be real....Mason has zero chance.  If they had any faith in him at all, they wouldnt have brought in Trubisky and also drafted a first rd QB.    They know what they have in Rudolph, and thats an average at best backup.   

Edited by 43M
  • Like 4

Surprised no one has said Daniel Jones yet

If Daboll can turn a young inaccurate Josh Allen into a top 3 QB , he might work some magic on Daniel Jones.

After Josh Allen's rookie year going into year 2, I personally did not believe he would make that big a leap that fast. I'm not saying Daboll will do it with Jones, I'm just saying he surprised me once, I wouldn't put it past it happening again.

• Like 3

Was Stafford a surprise? The only surprise for me was that he didn’t look even better with McVay. Goff has monster stretches with McVay, I knew Stafford was going to go well there.

I’ll take Deshaun. I think he’s going to ball out, which may come as a surprise to people given the length of time off. 

• Trey Lance balls out and proves Kyle/Jon to be correct.

• Zach Wilson takes a sizeable leap in his sophomore season. 

• Jared Goff solidifies himself as an above average starter. 

• Kenny Pickett starts for Pittsburgh and has a solid rookie campaign. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm so close to saying Zach Wilson, tbh...I really, really want to. 

But I'm going to go with Jared Goff. Yeah, that's right. Jared Goff. I'm not saying he's going to be peak Rams-Goff...but I think he's going to be pretty good this year, tbh. 

Top 10 OL, two good RB, one of the better TE's in the league, and a good/diverse group of WRs. 

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

If Daboll can turn a young inaccurate Josh Allen into a top 3 QB , he might work some magic on Daniel Jones.

After Josh Allen's rookie year going into year 2, I personally did not believe he would make that big a leap that fast. I'm not saying Daboll will do it with Jones, I'm just saying he surprised me once, I wouldn't put it past it happening again.

Adding Diggs certainly helped a lot with Allen.

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Not that the Pro Bowl means anything at this point but I would be willing to make a substantial wager with you that Zach Wilson won’t make the Pro Bowl.

Mahomes, Hebert, and Allen will make it. Allen will be in the Super Bowl, so he can't go. Wilson will be an alternate. Mitch Trubisky made a pro bowl too.

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I think I’m one of the few people on here who likes Daniel Jones. The dude has been dealt pretty terrible hands his first few seasons, but when I watch him I see the potential.

I think Matt Ryan is gonna kill it now that he has a competent OL and a bunch of solid receivers in Indy. He was throwing to a bunch of guys in 2021 that aren't even on teams anymore except for Zaccheaus and Gage.

I also think Desmond Ridder could surprise and end up starting in Atlanta with a season that's something like 3,600 yards passing, 25 TDs, 15 INTs, and 400 or so yards rushing making people wonder why teams passed on him until the third round.

• Like 2