Who will be the surprise QB of 2022?

brownie man

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

My money would be on Crab Legs Winston

Ew I Cant GIF by Trevi Moran

59 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think Matt Ryan is gonna kill it now that he has a competent OL and a bunch of solid receivers in Indy. He was throwing to a bunch of guys in 2021 that aren't even on teams anymore except for Zaccheaus and Gage.

I wouldn't say "a bunch of solid recievers", he has Pittman and maybe Alec Pierce. But I do agree on Ryan.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I also think Tua is setup for a big leap. 

Statistically I think so for sure, but I'm with @Tk3 that it'll be one of those situations where the stat line looks pretty impressive and you're still not sure if he's actually all that good.

Lol at the Zach Wilson hype. What has he done to warrant any hype? He was one of the worst starting QBs last season. It wasn't normal rookie growing pains like what Lawrence went through; he was just straight up bad.

Edited by biggie.

8 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Am I crazy for thinking Marcus Mariota could be a pleasant surprise? This isn't to say the Falcons will make the playoffs, but I think he has the talent to lead the Falcons to a sub 500 record.

The team is just too bad around him on offense I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I think Goff has a great chance to get into the 10-15 range. I'm skeptical that he can produce enough downfield plays consistently to get higher than that, but I'm pretty sure he'll have nice success as a short and mid range passer.

The lions are building a really cool offense. When they get their real QB in the 23 Draft he’s gonna be set up for success 

4 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The lions are building a really cool offense. When they get their real QB in the 23 Draft he’s gonna be set up for success 

The only problem is that they have to be careful because Goff is good enough to push them outside of the top of the draft if the team is okay lol 

9 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Baker Mayfield will be a very good player for someone. Given the fact that everyone thinks he's utter garbage, I think he surprises a lot of people. I think he'd do very well in Carolina.

The "everyone hates baker" (as a player)  hyperbole is really weird. I feel like most people think he's a meh QB that probably fits in somewhere between 15-21. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only problem is that they have to be careful because Goff is good enough to push them outside of the top of the draft if the team is okay lol 

if he does that I'm OK with it. if Goff can have middle of the road success, meaning the team around him is good enough too, then maybe the Lions don't need to draft their next QB. maybe the next free agent or trade target veteran decides the Lions are a good destination.

• Like 1

Just now, Superduperman said:

if he does that I'm OK with it. if Goff can have middle of the road success, meaning the team around him is good enough too, then maybe the Lions don't need to draft their next QB. maybe the next free agent or trade target veteran decides the Lions are a good destination.

We've certainly seen him do it before, so definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I think the defense will have some growing pains, but if they can be a little better than expected, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a Goff led Lions team won 7 games