Who will be the surprise QB of 2022?

brownie man

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If Hurts goes from 

8-7  61.3%  3144 yards  16 TDs 9 picks  7.3 ypa  87.9 rating 

to 11-5 63.3% 3890 yards 26 TDs 10 picks  7.6 ypa  95.0 rating  with similar rushing numbers does that count as a breakout?

I thinks he’s having to have a higher completion percentage or be over 30 TDs to really establish himself as a true breakout qb

• Like 1

FYI on Bradford. He was never good enough in the NFL to make a boatload of money on his performance.

He was the last pre-cap 1st overall pick so he got 6 years 78 just for existing good or bad.

Minnesota paid him 25 over 2 years and then Arizona paid him some kind of guaranteed money before Josh Rosen took his job.

Nothing about that is all that impressive. JaMarcus (2007) got 36.365 over 3 on a terminated 6 year 61 contract. That's 12.1 a year

Bram Sadford (2010) made 12.875 a year over 8 years before hoodwinking Arizona for one last dead cap payday.

Sammy Sleeves was just good enough to not get cut and to make Chump Kelly think he could fix him.

Then Minnesota got desperate and Arizona got stupid.

So his actual NFL play earned him an additional 2 for 25 and then a nice down payment on failure.

Edited by SkippyX

Stafford made 7.5 million more than Bradford over his first 8 with a 1 year lower cap the whole way. (2009- instead of 2010- )

Then he started printing money with another 108.5 the next 4 years in Detroit.

Then he traded in his phone, which he loves, and will always remember...

Cam made 22 over 4 years as the first capped #1 pick in 2011. He caught up to Bradford in earnings by year 8.

FYI, Trevor Lawrence's 2021 rookie deal is less APY than Bradford's at 4 years 36.8 or 9.2 a year.

That's how out of whack that last Bram Sadford rookie contract was.

Trey Lance the young breakout and possibly Top 5-10 QB finish.

As for veteran? Call me crazy, but might be Carson Wentz. He is way more stacked at the skill positions than he ever was in Philly or Indy. The OL is meh but Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson, Curtis Samuel, Logan Thomas, and Antonio Gibson. I could see McLaurin having a monster breakout season this year. I could see Samuel having a solid bounce back year. And Logan Thomas and Gibson having great years as well. 

• Like 3

Other guys that could make strides:

• Drew Lock - Seattle's offense is pretty stacked and they improved up front, if he starts he has everything he needs to be good.

• Daniel Jones - Daboll is a much better coach then he has ever had, OL should be better, and they have weapons around him. 

• Tua Tagavaloa - Not a fan but McDaniels is an offensive minded coach and they have a very good group of weapons around him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Definitely going with Goff. 

Once they ditched their OC and he got some chemistry with his weapons, he looked solid. 

Swift and Williams being healthy will help, and they're deep at RB. 

At WR....Chark, Reynolds, Williams, St. Brown, Raymond is enviable for most teams. That's a very good WR corps, and even if Raymond is overtaken by one of the other guys on the roster, that's still ridiculous depth. Cephus, I believe?

TE, Hockenson should rebound. No idea on depth guys, but add Hock with the WRs available and wow. 

OL, Sewell, Decker, Vaitai are a very nice base. I don't know much about Ragnow or their other OG. Still very solid if the first three play to their potential. 

Detroit's defense has some work to do, but their offense actually looks very very good on paper. 

BTW, Ragnow is better than the other 3 offensive linemen you named lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If Hurts goes from 

8-7  61.3%  3144 yards  16 TDs 9 picks  7.3 ypa  87.9 rating 

to 11-5 63.3% 3890 yards 26 TDs 10 picks  7.6 ypa  95.0 rating  with similar rushing numbers does that count as a breakout?

If he passes for over 4,000 yards while maintaining his rushing production he'll definitely establish himself as a starter.

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Drew Lock - Seattle's offense is pretty stacked and they improved up front, if he starts he has everything he needs to be good.

I'd be shocked if Baker isn't in a Seattle uniform by the start of the season. No way they roll with Lock. Been taking Baker in the final round of some bestball drafts anticipating this. Baker is basically free in drafts right now, but won't be in August/September. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'd be shocked if Baker isn't in a Seattle uniform by the start of the season. No way they roll with Lock. Been taking Baker in the final round of some bestball drafts anticipating this. Baker is basically free in drafts right now, but won't be in August/September. 

I think he'll be in Seattle too but guys like @lancerman say that the Seahawks investing a 3rd/4th into Baker would cripple them, lol.

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Tom Brady.

Falls off a Cliff 

I have seen video of him cliff diving before, so it's possible.  On the football field? Not happening coming off last seasons numbers unless he gets injured.