Andor - Disney+ - First 3 dropped - airing Weds

Deadpulse

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, much better than I expected.. once episode 10 was over (the escape) I elevated this over either season of Mando. Had no idea I would enjoy a SW story so much that never once mentioned or referenced jedi/the force. Just people against the machine.

I would say I have no complaints, but not sure why they focused so much on the disgraced former officer guy. Dude is a very good actor but gave me the creeeps. (More seasons coming?)

Also I hope more than 2 of the 5,000 survived, but the odds were very much against them, for sure.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, THE DUKE said:

I picked up on it about halfway through their conversation, great scene.  She knew that SoB driver was listening.

I thought she came up with that plan so her daughter wouldn't have to be put in this arranged marriage BS, but they did make a point to show that the daughter was all about the old traditions. And perhaps the gambling covers up why the 400k suddenly shows back up in the accounts?

On 11/16/2022 at 8:55 AM, THE DUKE said:

If we're going to get this kind of quality, I hope there is 4 or 5 seasons of Andor leading right up until Rogue One.  This has been maybe my favorite Star Wars content since the original trilogy.  Every storyline is clicking, the production value has been outstanding, the acting probably the best there has even been in a Star Wars property, and easily the most complex storytelling.  Super pumped for the finale.

That Luthen scene with Saw and then the escape from the cruiser:

mwah-perfect.gif

It’s better than ROTJ in my opinion. Up there with ANH and ESB.

Also it’s only going to have two seasons. Maybe if it had done better viewership wise I can see Disney doing more than two.

Edited by Xenos

On 11/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, Fresh Prince said:

5 episodes in. First two didn’t really do anything for me, but the last 3 have picked up a lot and has become very interesting.  

as @THE DUKE points out, stick with it. The first few episodes where they establish the characters and the plot are decent but as soon as the first big event happens, it's like the show hits hyperdrive and never goes back.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:24 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

as @THE DUKE points out, stick with it. The first few episodes where they establish the characters and the plot are decent but as soon as the first big event happens, it's like the show hits hyperdrive and never goes back.

Yep.. I watched from episode 5 to 12 nearly back to back. The acting is superb and never takes you out of it like the kid in Obi Wan or people like Bill Burr in Mando

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 7:02 PM, adamq said:

Wow, much better than I expected.. once episode 10 was over (the escape) I elevated this over either season of Mando. Had no idea I would enjoy a SW story so much that never once mentioned or referenced jedi/the force. Just people against the machine.

I would say I have no complaints, but not sure why they focused so much on the disgraced former officer guy. Dude is a very good actor but gave me the creeeps. (More seasons coming?)

Also I hope more than 2 of the 5,000 survived, but the odds were very much against them, for sure.

Only one more season of this.