Andor - Disney+ - First 3 dropped - airing Weds

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Wrong thread but I’ll answer. 😉

I only ever read the first EU book Heir to the Empire where Thrawn was introduced and he was the antithesis of Darth Vader.  Vader was emotional and impulsive whereas Thrawn was strategic and calculating.  Vader recklessly killed high ranking officers for failure (as we saw in the OG trilogy multiple times) which Thrawn despised.

That’s the limit of my experience with him as I didn’t care for the writing and I’m not a fan of Filoni’s Clone Wars either.  

Im going to look into the books, that actually sounds pretty interesting. I would love to read about in depth war strategies, battles, and the politics of Star Wars. 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:26 AM, Fresh Prince said:

I wasn’t able to find a clip but I found  the dialogue. It’s right after the scene where a Blevin  is being informed of Mothmas husbands gambling debts by her driver. He walking into the board room and this exchange happens. But duke might’ve figured it out.

I just finished another rewatch of this yday and I think I’ve got your answer.  Meero was furious that they didn’t take any prisoners to interrogate bcuz she suspected that Anto Kreegyr was Axis.  Without the opportunity to do so, they still have no leads on Axis’ true identity (we know it’s Luthen). 

On 2/19/2024 at 7:46 PM, adamq said:

I finally finished ahsoka, it was pretty good. I didn't watch the animated stuff though, so to me Thrawn is just some blue dude.. don't really understand why everyone is so afraid of him. I liked all the "new" characters well enough, only thing I didn't care for was zombie storm troopers but whatever 

You got neutered Thrawn.  He's absolutely nothing like that in the old books.  I honestly don't understand why they took such a great character and turned him into a dithering waste of time.

Heck...i don't know why the Zahn books weren't just the thing...But i guess less merchandise or something.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Wrong thread but I’ll answer. 😉

I only ever read the first EU book Heir to the Empire where Thrawn was introduced and he was the antithesis of Darth Vader.  Vader was emotional and impulsive whereas Thrawn was strategic and calculating.  Vader recklessly killed high ranking officers for failure (as we saw in the OG trilogy multiple times) which Thrawn despised.

That’s the limit of my experience with him as I didn’t care for the writing and I’m not a fan of Filoni’s Clone Wars either.  

Yeah.  Those Zhan books established a radically different Thrawn.

It's not that he was this pedantic patient guy with blue skin...it's that he was someone who was so ruthless and strategically gifted that he rose though the xenophobic ranks of The Empire on merit despite the entire process being biased against him.  The whole concept was...he was that ******* good at what he did.  Resented Vader and Palps because he didn't have the force...but was eminently capable and strategically inclined in his own right without the force and preconception.  The show where he turned up with the stupid space whales basically just nuked that.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Not a chance. Tony Gilroy is the best thing to happen to Star Wars in decades. 

https://youtu.be/Lw5lyfjA84M?si=8SRBwyfJeET5ykAb

So far...it's been the best of the shows.  I really want more Andor.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Im going to look into the books, that actually sounds pretty interesting. I would love to read about in depth war strategies, battles, and the politics of Star Wars. 

If you want this...

Read Heir to the Empire trilogy.  Obvs.  But also...maybe the Black Fleet Crisis books?

• Like 2