Week 11 GDT: Ravens at Packers, AKA Ride the Wave Game One

MacReady

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Is Hundley even gonna be on this team next year?

Draft & develop, draft & develop, draft & develop.

TT's hand-picked backup, going into year 4 under the QB whisperer's tutelage, why would anyone possibly think that Brett Hundley would not be back in 2018?

Just now, packerjmf said:

Every snap Hundley plays is just more evidence at this point for collusion against Kaep lol

I disagree not because Kaepernick couldn't help us, but it creates a difficult situation if he gets us to the playoffs.  What if he played lights out and then Rodgers had a bad playoffs game?  I wouldn't want to be in that situation as a coach, so I think it's lose lose for McCarthy to want Kaepernick.

I will say though that not bringing in another QB after today's performance should be a direct reflection on McCarthy and/or Thompson. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Better, and definitely acceptable.  Although I think McCarthy is a top 16 coach, but that Hundley isn't a top 60 QB. 

The only problem I have with this is Hundley isn't holding McCarthys wife hostage or anything. There is no reason for him to still be starting. An argument probably could be made that McCarthy should have seen this at least a year ago and not made him our 2nd string.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I disagree not because Kaepernick couldn't help us, but it creates a difficult situation if he gets us to the playoffs.  What if he played lights out and then Rodgers had a bad playoffs game?  I wouldn't want to be in that situation as a coach, so I think it's lose lose for McCarthy to want Kaepernick.

I will say though that not bringing in another QB after today's performance should be a direct reflection on McCarthy and/or Thompson. 

Its pointless to do it now. 

Should have brought a vet in as soon as Rodgers went down. Given him a few weeks to pick up the playbook, and if Hundley struggled put him in. 

Its too late now.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Draft & develop, draft & develop, draft & develop.

TT's hand-picked backup, going into year 4 under the QB whisperer's tutelage, why would anyone possibly think that Brett Hundley would not be back in 2018?

Because he's terrible? We cut Brohm year two. And plenty of other guys. But you're all brainwashed that we don't ever cut bad picks

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Look at what I just posted.

I suppose you think it is because they are both the dumbest people at their jobs in football or whatever.

I mean, you answer me that question. What do you think it is? I answered it now

Not the dumbest...I blame TT mostly. He doesnt want to pay for a backup and it's partly his ego and MMs in thinking they want a new young guy to "mold" or "develop" rather than the safer play of signing a vet. 

Archived