Week 11 GDT: Ravens at Packers, AKA Ride the Wave Game One

MacReady

2 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

You’ll just get more goal post moving. Don’t waste your time. 

I about died when he said yeah but since Rodgers is out we haven't done what I claimed we didn't do all year.

Yeah Rodgers getting hurt somehow is important to where the defense gets turnovers.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

23 points.

There, that's going to be the response.

23 points yes, but its more than that. Remember back in the day when we beat the Jets 9-0? An example of a very poor offensive day yet we won with defense. Not saying we needed to win today bc the offense was horrid, but how about a sack/fumble? How about a pick at the 20 yd line of Balt? How about a quick 3 and out to start the 2nd half instead of an easy TD to make it a 2 possession game? Sometimes, the defense has to WIN the game or so things to change the complexion of the game. Our defense did not do that. They made some stops, forced the 1 pick and had some sacks...all against an offense that was expected to struggle, a weak offense. This wasnt Brees or Brady. So yes, an average performance overall. The reason we lost? Of course not, never said that, offense scored 0 points, but that's not my point.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

23 points yes, but its more than that. Remember back in the day when we beat the Jets 9-0? An example of a very poor offensive day yet we won with defense. Not saying we needed to win today bc the offense was horrid, but how about a sack/fumble? How about a pick at the 20 yd line of Balt? How about a quick 3 and out to start the 2nd half instead of an easy TD to make it a 2 possession game? Sometimes, the defense has to WIN the game or so things to change the complexion of the game. Our defense did not do that. They made some stops, forced the 1 pick and had some sacks...all against an offense that was expected to struggle, a weak offense. This wasnt Brees or Brady. So yes, an average performance overall. The reason we lost? Of course not, never said that, offense scored 0 points, but that's not my point.

Packers had 0 turnovers that day.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How is a defensive score required for an average game?

Only 12 teams in 2016 had more than one defensive TD, and a full quarter of the league had 0.

Didn't say it was required for an average game. You asked how can i say the defense gave up 23 points....because they literally gave up 23 points bc balt defense and ST didnt score. 

Now did turnovers contribute to that, sure. Would they have performed betrer with a better offense helping our D out, sure. I still say 23 points v the Baltimore Ravens offense at home is average. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How many games do you think teams won last year when they turned the ball over 5 times?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many games do you think teams won last year when they turned the ball over 5 times?

Prob not many. How many teams have won where they turn it over 5 times but force 3-4 turbovers on defense?

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Didn't say it was required for an average game. You asked how can i say the defense gave up 23 points....because they literally gave up 23 points bc balt defense and ST didnt score. 

Now did turnovers contribute to that, sure. Would they have performed betrer with a better offense helping our D out, sure. I still say 23 points v the Baltimore Ravens offense at home is average. 

The turnovers didn't "contribute". The turnovers were the driving factor. If the Ravens had started in the same spot on all their drives and the defense gave up 0 yards, the Ravens still beat us by 2 scores today. 

17 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Defense gets  pass today. This was 100% on the offense. 

I actually thought the defense played pretty well.  They got after Flacco and got a turnover.  Unfortunately our young QB played like garbage and put the D in a terrible bind turning it over 5 times.  Yikes.  If we had a competent QB who could function well under pressure this game might have ended differently.  At least now we know we need a better backup QB than this going into 2018.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

"How about never let them score a single time and score on defense multiple times"

Archived