Browns Extend Njoku

Dawgpoun8017

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen 3-4 games and 8 games as potential suspension lengths. I think Fuller ends up with you guys as well. Anthony Schwartz might surprise some people in a Fuller type role with Watson.

Schwartz had better learn how to catch this year if so. He’s awful right now.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Cooper and Njoku are overpaid for sure. Cooper is at least solid. Njoku hasn’t eclipsed 475 yards or 4 TD in his career.

Just for technicalities he had 639 yards in 2018, but the point is valid.

He has meh hands, kinda injury prone, isn't the stud blocker that some are crediting him with (way better than early in his career but still not sure he's at average for a TE). So no, he certainly hasn't earned the contract. It's all projection and potential.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Are we officially members of the “salary cap is a myth” club?

Not official but reportedly he got an $8M signing bonus, $28M guaranteed, and is set to make $25M over the first two seasons so the deal might not be as bad as it looked.

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Hi.  I'm Dwayne Bowe.  Remember me?  

3797153.jpg?fit=crop&width=100

But you're right.  Kenny Britt was, well.......let's just say that alliteration is not too popular on the forum.  

that deal was honestly so bad I completely forgot about him

16 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

In 2017 and 2018 Njoku had a total of 12 drops. However in the past three seasons combined Njoku has five drops total.

That's lazy reporting. How about in his first two seasons he had 1125 yards and 8 TD and his last 3 seasons combined he had 729 yards and 7 TD.

It's not unusual to have fewer drops overall when you go from 74 targets per year (his first two seasons) to 30 targets per year (his last 3 seasons).

• Like 2

I’m a firm believer that you need a guy who can “beat a scheme.” As in he’s such a super elite athlete that he can just make a play happen regardless of what a defense does schematically. Njoku fits that mold and so does DPJ, you need athletes like that.

However, I don’t trust Njoku to stay healthy or not drop the ball.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m a firm believer that you need a guy who can “beat a scheme.” As in he’s such a super elite athlete that he can just make a play happen regardless of what a defense does schematically. Njoku fits that mold and so does DPJ, you need athletes like that.

However, I don’t trust Njoku to stay healthy or not drop the ball.

The njoku drops the ball narrative needs to end. He has 11 drops his entire career. 6 of which came his first season. He doesn’t drop balls. That narrative came from past training camps and pre seasons when he was dropping passes and local reporters were making a big deal out of it. But once the actual games started he was just fine. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

In 2017 and 2018 Njoku had a total of 12 drops. However in the past three seasons combined Njoku has five drops total.

That's lazy reporting. How about in his first two seasons he had 1125 yards and 8 TD and his last 3 seasons combined he had 729 yards and 7 TD.

It's not unusual to have fewer drops overall when you go from 74 targets per year (his first two seasons) to 30 targets per year (his last 3 seasons).

Idk what source they’re using for drops but pro football reference has a different number on those drops.