Madden 23

NYRaider

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the offseason following the 2023 season, no one offered Justin Jefferson a contract in free agency (95 ovr SS-XFACT) because he wanted 5yr./$26.1 mill per year. After the draft I was able to sign him to a 1 yr/ $16 mill in free agency.

Mind you, Michael Pittman didn’t want to resign with me because he’s a Cali guy unless I offered him an extraordinary contract ($23 mill a year) So I traded him midseason 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally feel the Bengals/Bills game should NOT be played.

Instead, have them decide the win/loss between the two in either a Madden 23 simulated game, or a player from each team playing one another. IE team captains or whatever...

I think that is about as fair as you can get, imo. 

Did anyone lose their franchise saves?

EA says that a temporary "data storage issue" led to the corruption of many Madden NFL 23 players' Connected Franchise Mode (CFM) save files last week. What's worse, the company now estimates it can recover fewer than half of those corrupted files from a backup. The issue started last Monday, December 26, when EA tweeted that it was "aware of players experiencing connection issues when trying to connect to CFM." That problem lasted until Wednesday, December 28, when EA announced that subsequent server maintenance meant that "users should now be able to play CFM without issue."

But users who attempted to log in to play online franchise games during a 22-hour period ranging from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning saw their franchise save data corrupted by the aforementioned "data storage issue," as EA confirmed over the weekend. And while EA says some of those corrupted save files can be recovered from a backup, it adds that the development team is "currently projecting around 40% of leagues to be recovered." Players that didn't log in during the outage period last week should be unaffected, EA says, adding that CFM is now "up and running" and is "safe to log in and play." But the company offered a similar message on Wednesday afternoon, just before the period that led players who logged in to lose their save files in the first place.

https://games.slashdot.org/story/23/01/04/1544229/ea-says-it-cant-recover-60-of-players-corrupted-madden-franchise-save-files?utm_source=slashdot&utm_medium=twitter

14 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I personally feel the Bengals/Bills game should NOT be played.

Instead, have them decide the win/loss between the two in either a Madden 23 simulated game, or a player from each team playing one another. IE team captains or whatever...

I think that is about as fair as you can get, imo. 

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 12:03 PM, Heimdallr said:

Did anyone lose their franchise saves?

EA says that a temporary "data storage issue" led to the corruption of many Madden NFL 23 players' Connected Franchise Mode (CFM) save files last week. What's worse, the company now estimates it can recover fewer than half of those corrupted files from a backup. The issue started last Monday, December 26, when EA tweeted that it was "aware of players experiencing connection issues when trying to connect to CFM." That problem lasted until Wednesday, December 28, when EA announced that subsequent server maintenance meant that "users should now be able to play CFM without issue."

But users who attempted to log in to play online franchise games during a 22-hour period ranging from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning saw their franchise save data corrupted by the aforementioned "data storage issue," as EA confirmed over the weekend. And while EA says some of those corrupted save files can be recovered from a backup, it adds that the development team is "currently projecting around 40% of leagues to be recovered." Players that didn't log in during the outage period last week should be unaffected, EA says, adding that CFM is now "up and running" and is "safe to log in and play." But the company offered a similar message on Wednesday afternoon, just before the period that led players who logged in to lose their save files in the first place.

https://games.slashdot.org/story/23/01/04/1544229/ea-says-it-cant-recover-60-of-players-corrupted-madden-franchise-save-files?utm_source=slashdot&utm_medium=twitter

I don't think anyone is playing M23 so no problem

• Like 2

Gameplay is a lot better.

At least as far as realism. The opposing QB is actually effected by pressure. Doesn’t instantly find the one open receiver every single play. Doesn’t throw it to the open out route for two yards every single play.

So that’s nice.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Gameplay is a lot better.

At least as far as realism. The opposing QB is actually effected by pressure. Doesn’t instantly find the one open receiver every single play. Doesn’t throw it to the open out route for two yards every single play.

So that’s nice.

Did you recently get the game?