Madden 23

NYRaider

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 4:20 PM, Outpost31 said:

Gameplay is a lot better.

At least as far as realism. The opposing QB is actually effected by pressure. Doesn’t instantly find the one open receiver every single play. Doesn’t throw it to the open out route for two yards every single play.

So that’s nice.

The problem is still there with QBs. I can go undefeated with a 40-something overall QB and an absolute bum squad. The only position where you can’t have absolute dogwater players is your secondary. But I even say that with reservations, because even with 99 ovr dudes back there, these trash WRs and TEs get open like nothing ok certain routes.

I don’t think Madden regressed this yr, but it didn’t become good. It’s still a trainwreck and they have to barebones the thought processes and change the game. 

• Like 1

I put on madden 22 for the first time in a long while yesterday, downloaded the closest thing to current nfl rosters and downloaded a draft class then edited all of it to feel more realistic (like Jared Goff is 84 ovr instead of 78 now, Tua is better than Bridgewater, Zeke is like 82 instead of 93, Chicago’s entire wr corps sans Mooney (79) and Claypool (74) are very low 60’s or worse). Genuinely had more fun adjusting ratings than I probably ever did playing the game lol. The draft class wasn’t even too big a mess either despite being done before the season. I don’t think assumed player order drastically changed throughout the year outside a couple qbs and Boutte being expected to be the top guy. 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:01 AM, Ty21 said:

Genuinely had more fun adjusting ratings than I probably ever did playing the game lol. 

This sums it up for me too.  

Not just Madden 22, but pretty much every Madden since at least 12.

Im getting that itch to play videogame football, and I was thinking about getting EA Play for a month to tinker with Madden, but I know the only enjoyment Ill really get is messing with ratings and rosters for the first offseason or two until you realize all that messing around means almost nothing.    If the simulations were decent and made sense, I could actually get a fair bit of enjoyment out of Madden, even if the gameplay wasn't great....but the simulations are perhaps worse than the gameplay since ratings, especially for QBs, dont seem to mean anything.

23 minutes ago, 43M said:

This sums it up for me too.  

Not just Madden 22, but pretty much every Madden since at least 12.

Im getting that itch to play videogame football, and I was thinking about getting EA Play for a month to tinker with Madden, but I know the only enjoyment Ill really get is messing with ratings and rosters for the first offseason or two until you realize all that messing around means almost nothing.    If the simulations were decent and made sense, I could actually get a fair bit of enjoyment out of Madden, even if the gameplay wasn't great....but the simulations are perhaps worse than the gameplay since ratings, especially for QBs, dont seem to mean anything.

If you just want a sports sim you’d be better off getting the recent nba2k and running an eras league starting with the 1984 Michael Jordan draft.  

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you just want a sports sim you’d be better off getting the recent nba2k and running an eras league starting with the 1984 Michael Jordan draft.  

Wouldnt mind trying that, but football is by far my favorite sport.   Thats why I get so frustrated with Madden and the fact its the only option every year.

If you thought the sim/CPU logic in past Maddens was bad, JFC, it somehow got even worse this year. Under NO circumstances would Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson, Jaylen Waddle, Travis Kelce, Nick Bosa (!), Joe Burrow, Josh Allen (OLB), Jamar Chase, Trevor Lawrence, Terry McLaurin, Jeffrey Simmons, Najee Harris, DeVonta Smith, Sauce Gardner, Tyson Campbell, Tristan Wirfs, Trent Williams, etc. ever hit free agency, yet they all do/have in this game in all the rebuilds I've watched. 

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

If you thought the sim/CPU logic in past Maddens was bad, JFC, it somehow got even worse this year. Under NO circumstances would Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson, Jaylen Waddle, Travis Kelce, Nick Bosa (!), Joe Burrow, Josh Allen (OLB), Jamar Chase, Trevor Lawrence, Terry McLaurin, Jeffrey Simmons, Najee Harris, DeVonta Smith, Sauce Gardner, Tyson Campbell, Tristan Wirfs, Trent Williams, etc. ever hit free agency, yet they all do/have in this game in all the rebuilds I've watched. 

I feel like this happens a lot and always assumed it was on purpose.

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

They went from good players pretty much never becoming free agents in like Madden 17 and 18 to almost every good player hitting free agency now.

4 hours ago, Norm said:

I feel like this happens a lot and always assumed it was on purpose.

It's just a glirch that they never fixed because, who cares the idiots already spent their money!

I bought it, too, but at least waited until the price drop 😉

Schemes/playbooks are what wins in simulation from what I've noticed. Even a Taylor Heineke and Jacobi Meyers duo will put up all pro numbers if they are playing for KC

On 1/28/2023 at 9:01 AM, Ty21 said:

I put on madden 22 for the first time in a long while yesterday, downloaded the closest thing to current nfl rosters and downloaded a draft class then edited all of it to feel more realistic (like Jared Goff is 84 ovr instead of 78 now, Tua is better than Bridgewater, Zeke is like 82 instead of 93, Chicago’s entire wr corps sans Mooney (79) and Claypool (74) are very low 60’s or worse). Genuinely had more fun adjusting ratings than I probably ever did playing the game lol. The draft class wasn’t even too big a mess either despite being done before the season. I don’t think assumed player order drastically changed throughout the year outside a couple qbs and Boutte being expected to be the top guy. 

Ill send you the info for my draft class. I spent HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS working on it. Well over 300 real prospects with no ridiculous ratings. Pretty sure I have only three guys breaking the 80 ovr threshold (Bijan/Anderson/Carter). I feel it’s the best in the madden world honestly. I usually do all 450, but this class sucks. I couldn’t find any more UDFAs I liked. Maybe one day when I’m supremely bored. 

3 hours ago, adamq said:

It's just a glirch that they never fixed because, who cares the idiots already spent their money!

I think it’s because teams in Madden are somehow always way over the cap. There are only like 4-5 teams every off-season that aren’t in the red. Dumb.

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Schemes/playbooks are what wins in simulation from what I've noticed. Even a Taylor Heineke and Jacobi Meyers duo will put up all pro numbers if they are playing for KC

I’ve long assumed this, but never really tried to use KC’s pbk. I’ll have to give it a whirl, especially when trying to play Defense-Only in franchise. Playing O is too easy so I sim it a lot. Unfortunately when I sim, the offense can’t seem to master this thing called the forward pass. Very frustrating. I either throw for 800+ ypg vs. the CPU or sim it and watch my QB, regardless of ovr, throw for 120 yards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Ill send you the info for my draft class. I spent HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS working on it. Well over 300 real prospects with no ridiculous ratings. Pretty sure I have only three guys breaking the 80 ovr threshold (Bijan/Anderson/Carter). I feel it’s the best in the madden world honestly. I usually do all 450, but this class sucks. I couldn’t find any more UDFAs I liked. Maybe one day when I’m supremely bored. 

Why do you think this class sucks? 😅

6 hours ago, adamq said:

I bought it, too, but at least waited until the price drop 😉

I just assumed it was to keep it "fun" for those playing them. Like it's not realistic I can kill 500 people in call of duty either. That kind of thing. I'm not saying laziness ISN'T part of it, but I do believe there's some intent there and I'm hardly a Madden fan or defender or anything