Madden 23

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I just assumed it was to keep it "fun" for those playing them. Like it's not realistic I can kill 500 people in call of duty either. That kind of thing. I'm not saying laziness ISN'T part of it, but I do believe there's some intent there and I'm hardly a Madden fan or defender or anything

I phrased it that way because I remembered reading a review of the game early on where they were complaining about this problem. 

I thought I read EA say it would be fixed, but looking back it was a different franchise bug that was patched. So maybe it was intentional 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KManX89 said:

If you thought the sim/CPU logic in past Maddens was bad, JFC, it somehow got even worse this year. Under NO circumstances would Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson, Jaylen Waddle, Travis Kelce, Nick Bosa (!), Joe Burrow, Josh Allen (OLB), Jamar Chase, Trevor Lawrence, Terry McLaurin, Jeffrey Simmons, Najee Harris, DeVonta Smith, Sauce Gardner, Tyson Campbell, Tristan Wirfs, Trent Williams, etc. ever hit free agency, yet they all do/have in this game in all the rebuilds I've watched. 

Don’t sleep on the Bills super team of Lamar Jackson and backup qb Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norm said:

I just assumed it was to keep it "fun" for those playing them. Like it's not realistic I can kill 500 people in call of duty either. That kind of thing. I'm not saying laziness ISN'T part of it, but I do believe there's some intent there and I'm hardly a Madden fan or defender or anything

Before this, it was the exact opposite, and hardly any top FAs hit the market.

I think there was definite intent to address it, but as usual, it was implemented poorly and hasnt been fixed.

Madden franchise mode is low on their priority list and always will be because they cant monetize the hell out of it and milk kids and idiots out of stacks of cash.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

Before this, it was the exact opposite, and hardly any top FAs hit the market.

I think there was definite intent to address it, but as usual, it was implemented poorly and hasnt been fixed.

Madden franchise mode is low on their priority list and always will be because they cant monetize the hell out of it and milk kids and idiots out of stacks of cash.

Yeah it's too bad the MUT stuff took over but it would probably be crap regardless. 

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Yeah it's too bad the MUT stuff took over but it would probably be crap regardless. 

MUT is a major issue, but by far the biggest issue with Madden stems from having zero competition and exclusive rights to the NFL brand that sells games pretty much by itself, regardless the quality of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

MUT is a major issue, but by far the biggest issue with Madden stems from having zero competition and exclusive rights to the NFL brand that sells games pretty much by itself, regardless the quality of the game.

100%. I was going to go there but I figured we all know this is the real issue and I was trying no to preach to the choir (no offense for bringing it up obviously). Then again people long for 2k football and their NBA games are the same stuff now. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 43M said:

it really sucks. the football gaming experience would've been really different by now if EA had competition. we're a few yrs away from the rights being up and NFL has been changing who they do business with lately, so maybe maddens run is coming to a end and someone else gets the rights...it'd suck that it will be exclusive, but at least it'd be something different

Edited by August4th

6 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I held Lamar to 72 rushing yards in a game where I had that scenario. I was lucky he got tackled for loss on 2 plays where it could have easily been called a sack and he kept his rushing yards. 

I feel like your challenge would’ve been more difficult than mine. It’s kinda like when I saw an over/under bet on FanDuel for Brady to have 1 yard rushing lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Progressive fatigue was probably madden’s best idea to date. My edge rusher was .5 sacks from breaking the record but he was apparently so tired that he only played 1 play in the final 2 games. My receiver didn’t get 1k yards for the 4th consecutive year cause he was so tired. And my corners were all so tired they’re jogging around like they **** their pants and getting outrun by Noah Fant for 75 yard tds. 

• Like 1

sounds like that graddy dude and others around his level jobs are on the line. I hope these mean more tho maybe NFL letting the top heads at EA know they may look somewhere else if this product does not improve. Always here how the NFL values the reputation of their product, so how can they be fine with all the bad press madden has been getting for nearly a decade now?