Madden 23

NYRaider

Just deleted madden off my console. Kept freezing in my franchise menu when I tried to upgrade players or check the weekly assignment so I skipped it, went into a game. The game was supposed to be bears vs ravens but ended up bears vs bears lol. I played it for s&g’s and noticed all the stats the opponent got got added to my stats too. Game ends, bears revert back to ravens then as it goes back to the menu it went into a permanent loading loop. Reset it and I’m back to the screen it was stuck in before I played the game. Most recent manual save was at the draft so I’m not going back. What a garbage game lol. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, Ty21 said:

Progressive fatigue was probably madden’s best idea to date. My edge rusher was .5 sacks from breaking the record but he was apparently so tired that he only played 1 play in the final 2 games. My receiver didn’t get 1k yards for the 4th consecutive year cause he was so tired. And my corners were all so tired they’re jogging around like they **** their pants and getting outrun by Noah Fant for 75 yard tds. 

You try playing against Tank Bawse in practice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I’ve heard that bull**** before.

10 hours ago, August4th said:

sounds like that graddy dude and others around his level jobs are on the line. I hope these mean more tho maybe NFL letting the top heads at EA know they may look somewhere else if this product does not improve. Always here how the NFL values the reputation of their product, so how can they be fine with all the bad press madden has been getting for nearly a decade now?

Money.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

The game has received largely negatively for at least a decade.

In that decade, they have lied and made empty promises every year.

They had at least two changeovers in console generations to build a completely new game.   Instead, theyve kept the same tired engine and built over top of it, making it more buggy and still tired and outdated.

1 year....or more accurately, 9 months isnt going to fix this game.   Unlesd EA has secretly had a team working on a completely new version of Madden the ladt few years, not much is going to change.   They will ACT as if alot has changed and inproved, but they do that every 2 or 3 years....acting like they reinvented the wheel, when in reality, the game is missing dozens of great features that previous games had, and newly implemented features (like scouting and coach skill trees) are terribly executed and mostly window dressing.

SOFTDRINKTV as always is on top of this...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm clearly in the minority here. I don't despise Madden. My friends and I have an awesome time crushing online franchises on Xbox one still. Absolutely franchise mode needs updating but it's not super glitchy for us and it's still fun.

🤷‍♂️

I enjoy it too, although I mainly play online.  I can see how someone who only plays offline would hate the game because it lacks so much compared to 2K.

But I feel like the gameplay has made more improvements than people give it credit for.  What they need is to put effort into adding content and for the love of football, change the damn presentation.  

Sure, gameplay has improved, but it has improved based on Madden standards.

Go check out All Pro 2k8.   Check out OL/DL interactions.   Check out CB/WR interactions.   Check out fade passes.   Check out player momentum and physics.   Check out ball trajectories.  Check out how sidelines react in both games.    Check out how injuries and fatigue affect players.  The list could go on.

A 16 year old game with a marginal budget on much weaker hardware, and Madden hasnt even begun to come close to them in ANY of those areas.   

Was doing a franchise, just running the offseason then simming. I did insert '23 rooks after year 1. After year 3 I noticed a WR for Pitt won MVP/OPOY.  How did he accrue 13 seasons? How did they have 100+ more receptions than passes completed? The world may never know

HVKY2ee.md.jpg

Edited by adamq

18 hours ago, adamq said:

Was doing a franchise, just running the offseason then simming. I did insert '23 rooks after year 1. After year 3 I noticed a WR for Pitt won MVP/OPOY.  How did he accrue 13 seasons? How did they have 100+ more receptions than passes completed? The world may never know

HVKY2ee.md.jpg

He had a 6000 yard season?

48 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

He had a 6000 yard season?

Yes, online franchise.. just logged back in to it and the game logs don't come close to adding up. Some weird end of season glitch.

And somehow he is also on the Raiders roster, exact same stats. He had quite the season

• Like 1