Madden 23

NYRaider

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You'll still buy it. Most of us will.

Last Madden I bought full price was Madden 12. 

Bought 25 used for $3.

Bought 17 used for 5.

Bought 18 on PSN for $15.

And I paid for EA play twice to try Madden 20 and 22.

So in the last decade, EA has gotten about $30ish from me for Madden.

The only way they will get a cent from me this year is if I hear good feedback about franchise mode and maybe Ill pay for a month of EA play again.

However, outside of some absolute miracle....I will not be buying Madden...probably ever again.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You'll still buy it. Most of us will.

I just wait til it hits EA Play, if they ever did an overhaul and really expanded on things I’d buy it to show support for it. But with user created roster updates it works until the next one hits. Only downside is new uniforms are a year behind. But only with have the awful Commanders set and all the new alt helmets missing this year.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Wow, they didn't mess this up!!!

While its the right decision to honor his legacy....its almost an insult to John given the "quality" of the game.  

Franchise updates was a 7 line paragraph which just said free agents will have different motivations for signing, there are different kinds of tags on players beyond franchise tag, which is insanely behind schedule to just now be introducing lol, new trade logic and “continue to plan and strategize like an nfl head coach with refined scouting, management, weekly strategy features”. Continue to means nothing has changed and franchise has been neglected again. 

• Like 5

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/06/02/how-madden-nfl-23-improves-the-series-gameplay-franchise-mode-and-more

The franchise updates don't have me overly optimistic.  I'll wait to hear more, but didn't do much to generate any form of hype for me. 

" While taking control of an NFL team is one of the best parts of any Madden game, the modes in which you can chart your path and deviate from the traditional NFL format often stand out and appeal to large swaths of players. While The Yard continues to give players a more backyard, arcade-focused football experience, Madden Ultimate Team and Face of the Franchise bring the most significant changes."

^This wasn't even the least bit surprising, but it still sucks to read.

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Franchise updates was a 7 line paragraph which just said free agents will have different motivations for signing, there are different kinds of tags on players beyond franchise tag, which is insanely behind schedule to just now be introducing lol, new trade logic and “continue to plan and strategize like an nfl head coach with refined scouting, management, weekly strategy features”. Continue to means nothing has changed and franchise has been neglected again. 

They have a seperate franchise blog, but seeing as how that summary would more than likely mention any major new features....its likely just another year where they claim they "fine tuned" franchise, while it feels exactly the same.

Pretty obvious coaches arent going to mean **** yet again, so thats an automatic no from me.    The only thing that sounds remotely decent is free agents having more motivations than just money.   Im all for that, but I guarantee it likely wont work that well.   

Ill wait for the franchise blog, but sounds like yet another typical Madden game.

Edited by 43M

26 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Wouldn't be a Madden thread without 43M trashing it lol

Wouldnt be a Madden thread without you whining about me "trashing" it.

Edited by 43M