Madden 23

NYRaider

44 minutes ago, 43M said:

And on Madden 22, I simmed a few seasons, and QB needy teams often passed up QBs, then a team like the Ravens, with 95 overall and 26 year old Lamar Jackson, draft a QB round 1.

You’ll love this then: in my franchise, Lamar hit FA at 99 ovr and no one signed him during FA so he signed a vet min 1 year $660k contract with the bills, who have a 97 ovr Josh Allen. They lost in the playoffs, LJ bounces back into free agency and signs with…the bills. In this span, Josh Allen made $100M in two years and played 0 snaps 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

You’ll love this then: in my franchise, Lamar hit FA at 99 ovr and no one signed him during FA so he signed a vet min 1 year $660k contract with the bills, who have a 97 ovr Josh Allen. They lost in the playoffs, LJ bounces back into free agency and signs with…the bills. In this span, Josh Allen made $100M in two years and played 0 snaps 

xD

I remember something similar myself in a past Madden.   Daniel Jones somehow erupted and became a 90 overall and the Giants paid him huge money during resigning...then turned around and signed 93 rated Andrew Luck for huge money....and Daniel Jones rode the bench.

I used to do 32 team control and used dice to determine where players were signed and drafted back in Madden 08 an 12 just to prevent these things, but I dont have the time or patience for that anymore.  I never imagined that 10-15 years later that the same issues would exist, and almost just as bad.  

• Like 1

As far as gameplay goes, from Madden 22 they really need to fix interception rate on "incomplete" passes. I would have so many games where I'd go 28/30 on passes with 2 interceptions, and the CPU or my opponent online would have similar completion/attempt numbers, with the only incompletions being interceptions.

Does EA realize that there are incomplete passes that aren't interceptions? Basically what I'm saying is 50/50 balls shouldn't automatically be an interception, and the DL interceptions when QBs get hit as they're throwing were ridiculous. I benefitted from a lot of them when I played online and it just felt dumb.

I'm not sure if this "field sense" thing fixes any of the above, but I hope so. Perhaps there will be more collisions between WRs/TEs and defenders that sort of break up those 50/50 balls instead of being an interception.

I'm also in agreement with most of you in regards to MUT... it's just a cash grab and doesn't really provide a great experience or add to the game in any way in my opinion. If you want to have fun with random NFL players from various years, the game should have a season mode with an option to have all time greats and current players and do a fantasy draft and play that way. I really only enjoy playing online and an occasional franchise mode but the gameplay gets too repetitive against the CPU.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, RaisinBran said:

As far as gameplay goes, from Madden 22 they really need to fix interception rate on "incomplete" passes. I would have so many games where I'd go 28/30 on passes with 2 interceptions, and the CPU or my opponent online would have similar completion/attempt numbers, with the only incompletions being interceptions.

Does EA realize that there are incomplete passes that aren't interceptions? Basically what I'm saying is 50/50 balls shouldn't automatically be an interception, and the DL interceptions when QBs get hit as they're throwing were ridiculous. I benefitted from a lot of them when I played online and it just felt dumb.

This has been a problem for years. Seriously doubt it gets addressed.  

• Like 2

Watched a madden YouTuber talk about face of the franchise for 23. He makes his money off the game so he doesn’t usually detract so much (oftentimes says the game is trash, but it’s clear he’s not leaving)

-he said the mode is “embarrassing”

-less to do in the mode now than the previous year 

-it puts you in partway through your career as an X factor at the position of your choice looking for a new team. He picked CB because it was new and got an offer from every nfl team, the most significant offer was $1.79m 

-once you sign a deal it puts you through 20 mins of cutscenes and then you don’t get a single other cutscene for the rest of the mode. 
-there are new things throughout a week that asks you how you want to designate your time like pranking teammates or going to a spa, but all of it is simmed and doesn’t add anything. 
-he said he played 5 games and the other qb didn’t throw the ball his way once, even when he left the receiver alone. 

each day we get further and further from the light. 

• Like 3

On 6/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, Ty21 said:

-there are new things throughout a week that asks you how you want to designate your time like pranking teammates or going to a spa, but all of it is simmed and doesn’t add anything. 

each day we get further and further from the light. 

At least you won’t get suspended for a whole season because of your 24 different massage therapists’ accusations 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

At least you won’t get suspended for a whole season because of your 24 different massage therapists’ accusations 

In the world of madden, suspensions, concussions, and anything that goes against the brand doesn’t exist 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Have they released the rosters yet?

I mean that's the only thing they actually change anyways lol

Outside of what people have discussed from playing the Beta (which isn’t carved in stone), only players who are Superstar X-Factor dev have been unveiled. 

looks like last year the ratings were revealed the last week in July

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, Ty21 said:

in other words, franchise mode will always suck 

Almost like they are blissfully ignorant to the fact that one of their most recent major successes is a single player game (Fallen Order), and one of their most famous non-sports gaming IP (Mass Effect) was single player.   

They are just shaming everyone who isnt dumb or naive enough to throw money at them via micortransactions and pay to win mechanics.

• Like 1