Madden 23

NYRaider

On 7/19/2022 at 12:12 PM, Ty21 said:

TJ Watt not being a 99 is unconscionable 

I'd imagine it's due to the way that ovr is calculated at positions.  If you moved Watt to DE, he'll probably be a 99.  His coverage attributes would bring down his ovr, where Garrett isn't getting that knock.  Boosting his coverage numbers just to boost his ovr is worse than just having him lower, imo.  

Top Colts ratings 

LG Quentin Nelson 95

HB Jonathan Taylor 95

CB Stephon Gilmore 91

DT DeForest Buckner 90 

LOLB Darius Leonard 90 

CB Kenny Moore 87

RT Braden Smith 85 

WR Michael Pittman 83

82 (Ryan Kelly, Grover Stewart and Yannick Ngakoue) 

81 (Matt Ryan and Bobby Okereke)

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So Malik WIllis is going to be a beast. 94 throw power, 92 speed, 93 acceleration.

They really need to have a committee of people deciding player ratings. He’d be like mid 80’s if they gave him like 80 AWR instead of the mid 40’s they gave him to keep his overall lower. He’s insanely overpowered for someone that’s possibly not even going to make it in the league lol. 

19 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Not uncommon, during the course of the season they will get a lot of the players in to scan them for their pictures 

I seem to recall rookie faces being in games before they were able to patch updates in.  IIRC, usually, most early round rookies portraits (rd 1-3)  were in the game, but no later round players.

20 minutes ago, 43M said:

I seem to recall rookie faces being in games before they were able to patch updates in.  IIRC, usually, most early round rookies portraits (rd 1-3)  were in the game, but no later round players.

Last year, and for Madden 21, they had a lot of issues with getting the players done because of Covid protocols, so there was a lot of issues with veterans and even coaches getting face scans done 

• Like 1

Who do you think will be the GOAT user on D this Madden? Trying to plan head in my online with all my friends. Each Madden season I have had different users, Madden 22 was Devin White, 21 was Isiah Simmons, 20 was Devin Bush, etc. I know you can actually put a Safety as the #1 Sub-LB position, which may be smart given most  S > LB in terms of speed, COD, etc, but I have always stuck with a LB.

That Falcons rookie MLB Troy Anderson looks totally OP. 92 speed, 95 acceleration, 86 jumping, 85 COD... all while being 6'3 and 240+.

May take him way too high and grow him to a 99 after a few seasons.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who do you think will be the GOAT user on D this Madden? Trying to plan head in my online with all my friends. Each Madden season I have had different users, Madden 22 was Devin White, 21 was Isiah Simmons, 20 was Devin Bush, etc. I know you can actually put a Safety as the #1 Sub-LB position, which may be smart given most  S > LB in terms of speed, COD, etc, but I have always stuck with a LB.

That Falcons rookie MLB Troy Anderson looks totally OP. 92 speed, 95 acceleration, 86 jumping, 85 COD... all while being 6'3 and 240+.

May take him way too high and grow him to a 99 after a few seasons.

Maybe Derwin James with having Bosa and Mack off the edges.  

I'm not sure how Kenneth Murray will be rated, but he could fit that archetype you seem to favor, too, if you strictly wanted to user an LB, and not move Derwin down.  That leaves Derwin behind you, plus JC Jackson and Samuel Jr at the corners.  The Chargers just have a Madden style defense, imo.