• Warriors in 5
    • Warriors in 6
    • Warriors in 7
    • Boston in 4
    • Boston in 5
    • Boston in 6
    • Boston in 7

44 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Analytics say otherwise my friend. Apparently just lucky to share the court with the Celtics. 

The gagging on the Celtics till Thursday night gonna be unbearable. 

I think experience matters. Boston is very talented. But they're younger and don't have Finals experience. And frankly, their young guys blew it in Game 6 and came very close to blowing it in Game 7 against a Miami team that was awfully beat up. When push comes to shove, I think Golden State has an edge late in games. We'll see if my instincts are right.

• Like 1

GP2 will be back. Otto will be back and maybe even Andre. Could have the full bench available for the first time all year. 

Rob Williams wasn’t even able to run in that 2h of game 7. We’ll see how much he can recover for game 1 cause he’s gonna need his running shoes. 

Also love the 9-7 record the media is using. They don’t put context with that and tell you that includes the lost year where everyone was out lol and then the unhealthy year of last year. 0-4 but hey 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by agarcia34

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think experience matters. Boston is very talented. But they're younger and don't have Finals experience. And frankly, their young guys blew it in Game 6 and came very close to blowing it in Game 7 against a Miami team that was awfully beat up. When push comes to shove, I think Golden State has an edge late in games. We'll see if my instincts are right.

It's going to come down to how well the Warriors protect the ball. They were awful against the Grizzlies and offensive performance was mediocre at best and when they were turning the ball over vs Dallas, they were equally as bad. But when they started to protect the ball, especially in the 2nd half of those games, the Mavs didn't even belong on the same floor as them. The Celtics have the length and personnel to make it difficult like the Grizzlies so regardless of how suspect the Celtics looked at times vs Miami, this is an extremely tough match up. Smart is prone to having some strong games but it is just as likely he kills the offense in other games. The Celtics have completely tightened up their rotation and basically just play 7 players now. They are coming off two 7 game series so I wonder the longer the series goes, the more they wear down? If GP2 and Porter are back as expected for game 1, then the Warriors can legitimately go 9 deep every game. Obviously the Celtics are a young team so they can overcome heavy minutes from their star players. It is true that they are not good in close games and that has been evident in the last two series. But when they win, they usually just completely dominate and win by 15+. That shows just how talented they are and how dominant they can be defensively. 

Poole is going to have to have at least 4-5 good games this series. Played more consistent vs the Mavs compared to how he played against the Nuggets/Grizzlies and will need to do the same vs the Celtics. He has the ability to break down some of the Celtics defenders and get to the cup. Udoh is going to make it extremely difficult on Steph and Klay isn't going to have good match ups either. Draymond can't be passive and will need to take the open looks he gets and if he can give 10+ for the most of the series, I like our chances. Either way, don't expect a short series. 

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Analytics say otherwise my friend. Apparently just lucky to share the court with the Celtics. 

True, the Warriors are always overlooked and ignored by the media

• Like 2

I ain't out here about to make any predictions. Golden State is the model NBA franchise. The Celtics had 2 DPOY candidates and 1 MVP candidates. It's going to be a fun series. Just hope the Cs stay disciplined defensively and give themselves a chance.

I'm not exactly worried about the finals experience aspect given the road the Cs took to get here. Of course they caught a few breaks in regards to injuries (and they were injured themselves) but Nets, Bucks and Heat in 7. I ain't about to worry if this team can handle the stage tbh

Glad for BOS they ran the gauntlet to win the East.   MIA-GS with a hampered Lowry / Herro would have been lambs to the slaughter (although Butler is a dog, man - nothing but respect).

Just don't see the C's keeping up with the versatility the Warriors now enjoy with Poole adding the 3rd scorer (and dropping Wiggins to the 4th option).    But at least they have a shot, Heat were dead in the water IMO.   And even if they lose, this will be invaluable to their young core to get this Finals experience in.    Make no mistake, it's not a dead-solid lock, and it should be really entertaining to watch Tatum / Brown / Smart / Williams & Horford match up with Curry / Klay / Poole / Wiggins / Draymond  (or when they go big, Looney in as well).   

Still, Dubs in 5 would be my call.

Edited by Broncofan

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Literally everyone is picking the Warriors and they're a pretty significant favorite to win the series...

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

True, the Warriors are always overlooked and ignored by the media

Warriors (-160) favorites to win the series and I don't think a single media member has picked Boston to win the series. But one tweet from a random account. Warriors against the world baby!

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

A couple of random analytics have the Celtics as heavy favorites. Bookies, the mainstream media, and the majority of fans are picking the Warriors. 83% of the money for game 1 is on the Warriors, I can't find any data on the series though.