FFMD

EaglesPeteC

59 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hey, an argument was definitely the furthest reason I posted in here. I figured I'd try and offer opinions/help on getting FFMD off the ground again as I can see its importance and effectiveness to the forum. While you may not have been involved in the 2010 Eagles trade its not an outdated example if it's still the reason why many in a forum are turned off to FFMD. I know the Eagles board isn't like most but as a Packers fan you can appreciate the big posters of the forum that have been here for over a decade and still post regularly. These posters (whether they know it or not) carry a lot of weight and when FFMD is dismissed every year because of past issues from one of the biggest sub forums it probably should be taken into account.

As to the bolded is yes too simple of an answer? The google doc, while taking some minimal traffic away from the boards, offers an ultimately positive benefit of overall promoting and generating discussion that has ultimately been missing since FFMD has stopped.

standing-ovation.gif

28 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Do you have any suggestions on getting ffmd back up and running again?

If you guys aren't a fan of my ideas, that's fine.  Run it the way it has always been ran, JUST RUN IT!

Less is more. No trade council, no talent agency. Let the free market dictate how things go.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Do you know if there a mod in charge of this subforum? Or anyone even considering running a forum mock?

I don't, sorry. I'm in charge of finding Mods, so if you know a few people interested, let me know. 

Perhaps FFMD could use an injection of new Moderators to run with this. As someone who has ran a few of them, I can tell you - it's a grind. An honest to goodness grind.

It's why I walked away from it, to be blunt.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Open.

(I'll be honest, I haven't been tied TO FFMD in about a decade. I'm not exactly the source to talk to).

Right, but we can't find the source to speak to.  When Pete made the original post, we were all hoping to have a clean open minded discussion with several moderators.  

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't, sorry. I'm in charge of finding Mods, so if you know a few people interested, let me know. 

Perhaps FFMD could use an injection of new Moderators to run with this. As someone who has ran a few of them, I can tell you - it's a grind. An honest to goodness grind.

It's why I walked away from it, to be blunt.

Pete and I are your guy.  We've been blasting the forum with Total Control for a few years now.  Ask any member that has participated in our mock and they'll tell you we put on a solid mock draft.  Not sure about Pete, but I was a moderator years ago in another forum.  about.com I don't even think its around now.

I actually implore you to join our mock draft this year and see for yourself.

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

with several moderators.  

As said - it's hard to find Mods who have the patience and/or will to run one of these anymore. It's a literal time suck - it consumes all of your free time when you DO volunteer to run it, so I understand why so many Mods are hesitant to run with the oversight.

I'm not terribly opposed of creating a counsel of posters to oversee the MD and let it operate in it's own ecosystem. I don't know how it would work from a tactical sense (specifically, Admin rights in this area) but I'll bounce a few ideas off of the boss, see what he says.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

As said - it's hard to find Mods who have the patience and/or will to run one of these anymore. It's a literal time suck - it consumes all of your free time when you DO volunteer to run it, so I understand why so many Mods are hesitant to run with the oversight.

I'm not terribly opposed of creating a counsel of posters to oversee the MD and let it operate in it's own ecosystem. I don't know how it would work from a tactical sense (specifically, Admin rights in this area) but I'll bounce a few ideas off of the boss, see what he says.

Sounds great....

Feel free to look at our post mock drafts to see how much traffic we bring in, trust me you won't be sorry.

I know we haven't talked much and you don't really know me, but mock drafts are my thing.  While others shy away, I'm working on them year round.

Keep us posted because time is everything.

I appreciate you taking the time to talk to us.

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

Sounds great....

Feel free to look at our post mock drafts to see how much traffic we bring in, trust me you won't be sorry.

I have no doubt of that. I'm sure you two would put in the time, effort and passion to run with this and make it a fun experience for all. Realistically, my challenges are tactical in nature - how to give you Admin rights without going through a full fledged Admin boarding process.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Keep us posted because time is everything.

I appreciate you taking the time to talk to us.

Completely understand, and glad to help.