FFMD

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Runaway Jim said:

It would be fun to do a FFMD after the main free agency moves have been made.  No free agency, no player trades, mock draft only - keep it as simple as possible sort of thing.  One draft thread, one trade thread, one discussion thread. All the administrator needs to do is acknowledge in the trade thread when two teams have posted the same deal (involving 2020 draft picks only) and update the first post in the draft thread. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7520441

I think TCMD could be run as a forum wide mock. It would have the same issues as FFMD free agency had, getting people to agree on which players to bid on and how much to offer. Same thing with incoming or outgoing trade proposals.

FFMD worked fine for the draft, having a forum vote on which player to take usually allowed enough time for participation. The free agency and cap management system in the old FFMD didn't work very well and TCMD is an improvement there.

• 2 months later...

Do any of you guys recall what the slot times were for the draft?  tcmd uses a 40 minute window for all seven rounds but I recall it being like an hour for the first couple rounds and reducing it as the draft went deeper.

I also don't remember if those time slots were an issue or not, if they should be changed.  

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Do any of you guys recall what the slot times were for the draft?  tcmd uses a 40 minute window for all seven rounds but I recall it being like an hour for the first couple rounds and reducing it as the draft went deeper.

I also don't remember if those time slots were an issue or not, if they should be changed.  

I found the time slots

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=577099

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I think they were an hour then stopped to 30 mins after round 2. But cant remember. I cant remember fully.

9 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I think they were an hour then stopped to 30 mins after round 2. But cant remember. I cant remember fully.

Thats me....It's been too long ago I can't recall if those time slots were good or if the 40 minute window would work.