FFMD

EaglesPeteC

You will gain discussion about the after process of when free agency has completed for another round of players. Discussions after draft picks have been made discussions about other aspects will happen and the more people you have involved the more discussions you get.

There needs to be some level of private discussion available for those that are interested in doing so

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So ffmd not running versus ffmd running with adoption for off-site discussion at least increases 10% discussion.

You at least generate the start of discussion ....Snowball Effect process

The main purpose is to create more discussion within the forum not outside of it.  Your idea to have a private chat or thread within the forum was solid as it still kept the conversation housed in the forum.  

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You will gain discussion about the after process of when free agency has completed for another round of players. Discussions after draft picks have been made discussions about other aspects will happen and the more people you have involved the more discussions you get.

There needs to be some level of private discussion available for those that are interested in doing so

You're not going to get the @Webmaster to agree to take the discussion offsite, and nor should he.  

Something that would be interesting is that the Mods have the ability to have group chat PMs on this site, which is disabled for normal members.  I wonder if that feature could be enabled for the duration of the FFMD.  

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yes that is true. But I look at this as a multi-step process. Step 1. Increase participation in the mock itself. Step 2 get them discussing things more here at some point in time.

It seems like wanting both increased participation with members and increasing participation with more posting and discussion can't happen at the same time. As open discussions allow other teams to look at the discussion itself and gain insight into targets and draft prospects. Teams have to be able to conduct some level of business and discussions in private. Doing so exclusively through PM's is too much of a tax on the GM and thus teams and individuals want to just run it themselves

Except they're not mutually exclusive.  In fact, most lurkers who get involved in FFMD often stick around and get involved in other forum discussion.  It's been said by posters in the past that FFMD was one of the reasons why they felt they became active at FF.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You're not going to get the @Webmaster to agree to take the discussion offsite, and nor should he.  

Something that would be interesting is that the Mods have the ability to have group chat PMs on this site, which is disabled for normal members.  I wonder if that feature could be enabled for the duration of the FFMD.  

Let's not ping Webby with this.  He's got enough on his plate.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Except they're not mutually exclusive.  In fact, most lurkers who get involved in FFMD often stick around and get involved in other forum discussion.  It's been said by posters in the past that FFMD was one of the reasons why they felt they became active at FF.

FFMD is the reason I joined the forum.  I used to just read the site, then I wanted to participate so I signed up. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

FFMD is definitely what attracted me to the site.

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

Before my time but wasn't it just the "shark tank" style free agency and the Talent Agency was a patch to stop the extreme overbidding?

IIRC, the Talent Agency was added because there were several posters who wanted a more interactive FA rather than just the highest bid wins.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I agree that would be an awesome aspect. If you could temporarily assign a moderator tag to 1 GM so he can create an on-site private discussion thread, then you can get more people involved in the process but still keep it private.

I get that moving discussion off-site is not the goal. But the first step as it is right now is to get ffmd running again. If the startup of that is to allow off-site discussions at least you have other discussion about the process happening