FFMD

EaglesPeteC

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

As someone who had limited participation in the FFMD when I first joined....various reasons, 1 being an outsider and having a difficult time getting my input and thoughts to be "respected".  There was a convoluted process of codes for players that made things significantly limiting.

I have participated in the past 2 TCMD.  The workbooks are very user friendly.  The videos/tutorials are easy enough to follow and with enough veteran people that could serve as a support group for any new GM's, getting the process down would not be that challenging.  

Since TCMD was run twice last offseason and FFMD failed to get off the ground, I am not sure why the resistance into at least trying for the 2018 offseason using TCMD as the forum wide Mock process would not be considered.  

One suggestion I would offer and I am not sure if the new site here would support it, but allowing a team to have a discussion topic within their team subforum to discuss that would be restricted from other teams members from snooping.  Some level of privacy discussions needs to happen if you want an easier time for a group of members to be able to discuss things about transactions without needing to PM everyone.  

Not to worry, non of us are respected...haha.  Agreed, having a transparent war room to discuss free agency doesn't really work for the casual poster, would be great if there was an option to allow for sub-forum privacy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Not to worry, non of us are respected...haha.  Agreed, having a transparent war room to discuss free agency doesn't really work for the casual poster, would be great if there was an option to allow for sub-forum privacy.

If you want more members to participate in the process, then allowing GM's and teams to set up a chat where they can discuss openly would be ideal.  Requiring the discussion to stay exclusively on the forum and without a format that allows a private group process makes it too challenging to get more individuals involved.  Messaging more than a few people takes more time and detracts from the fun aspect that it should be.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If you want more members to participate in the process, then allowing GM's and teams to set up a chat where they can discuss openly would be ideal.  Requiring the discussion to stay exclusively on the forum and without a format that allows a private group process makes it too challenging to get more individuals involved.  Messaging more than a few people takes more time and detracts from the fun aspect that it should be.

I just noticed my reputation number is four....I don't even want to hear how you aren't respected number 63....lol.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I just noticed my reputation number is four....I don't even want to hear how you aren't respected number 63....lol.

Need to post more sassy things about the moderators.   That really gets the like votes in the GB subforum

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

Since TCMD was run twice last offseason and FFMD failed to get off the ground, I am not sure why the resistance into at least trying for the 2018 offseason using TCMD as the forum wide Mock process would not be considered.

I've asked ny92jefferis and even to a lesser extent EaglesPeteC why they think that relabeling TCMD as FFMD is going to suddenly going to change the activity issue, and I still have yet to hear a viable answer.  All I've heard at this point is that the mock is gaining in popularity, which is completely subjective given several teams had threads in their respective team forums that didn't really get much traction.  I'm not sure anyone is writing this option off, but I've yet to hear a viable reason why they think their solution will work.

16 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Again, you're missing the entire point of FFMD is to get those lurkers and make them actual posters.  Making a "hidden" post in a subforum isn't a viable option.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've asked ny92jefferis and even to a lesser extent EaglesPeteC why they think that relabeling TCMD as FFMD is going to suddenly going to change the activity issue, and I still have yet to hear a viable answer.  All I've heard at this point is that the mock is gaining in popularity, which is completely subjective given several teams had threads in their respective team forums that didn't really get much traction.  I'm not sure anyone is writing this option off, but I've yet to hear a viable reason why they think their solution will work.

"I spent months studying where ffmd's issues laid, discussed it with several people and came up with a system that works.  It's been tested, the vast majority of the kinks are worked out.  There are at least 32 members that know the system from the GM level.  The system is fair for everyone involved, it takes minutes to determine the free agency transactions that is completely automated and without bias opinion.  The system can be ran with a skeleton crew.  It's growing in popularity, members enjoy and look forward to being involved.  It takes only a few minutes to understand how the google docs work.  This system works, did I say that already?"

...and all you heard was it was gaining in popularity and even that was "completely subjective"....amazing.

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, you're missing the entire point of FFMD is to get those lurkers and make them actual posters.  Making a "hidden" post in a subforum isn't a viable option.

I'm not missing the point.  When the members were participating in ffmd 1 many of them used codes to discuss their free agency as well as other things so that the other team members wouldn't know who and for how much they were targeting players.  Those codes were given to the non-GM's in private, so if the casual lurker, which is a great name you've given to potential active members, wanted to comment on something they would at the very least need to come out of their shell to request the codes.

So saying that having a transparent war room to openly discuss their private game plan pertaining to free agency doesn't really work for the casual poster because using the codes make it difficult for them to even understand what they are looking at, makes perfect sense.

10 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I'm not missing the point.  When the members were participating in ffmd 1 many of them used codes to discuss their free agency as well as other things so that the other team members wouldn't know who and for how much they were targeting players.  Those codes were given to the non-GM's in private, so if the casual lurker, which is a great name you've given to potential active members, wanted to comment on something they would at the very least need to come out of their shell to request the codes.

So saying that having a transparent war room to openly discuss their private game plan pertaining to free agency doesn't really work for the casual poster because using the codes make it difficult for them to even understand what they are looking at, makes perfect sense.

Ya but you guys are talking about eliminating war rooms entirely for TCMD.  That isn't in the spirit of the FFMD at all.  

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but you guys are talking about eliminating war rooms entirely for TCMD.  That isn't in the spirit of the FFMD at all.  

if you want to increase the participation in any forum wide mock, you need to allow the process for the GM, AGM and other staff members to easily discuss the planning, targets of FA, draft, ect without using codes or PM.  Either the Football Futures tread that is private or on outside chat group.  Get people participating and then that can lead to increase on posting and traffic on this site. 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

if you want to increase the participation in any forum wide mock, you need to allow the process for the GM, AGM and other staff members to easily discuss the planning, targets of FA, draft, ect without using codes or PM.  Either the Football Futures tread that is private or on outside chat group.  Get people participating and then that can lead to increase on posting and traffic on this site. 

I've done the FFMD for years and the Redskins war room has consistently had one of the highest post counts.  We never use codes.  

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No I'm not.

Just agreeing with @squire12that housing a war room without the use of codes to keep it private would be cool, not saying to remove any war rooms.  In fact I'm a huge advocate of using the war rooms and that it would be cool if those war rooms were private so the use of codes could be removed, which is something I don't even see as being possible in this format.

Edited by ny92jefferis

2 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

..and all you heard was it was gaining in popularity and even that was "completely subjective"....amazing.

No, I asked you what exactly about TCMD was the solution to FFMD's issues, and you put out a general statement.  Nothing there that says what the problems were and how they were fixed by your mock.  That's what I'm asking you to expand on.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I've done the FFMD for years and the Redskins war room has consistently had one of the highest post counts.  We never use codes.  

I wouldn't say never, even you said back in 2015, "First lets set some rules about free agency talk. In the past we had a coding system for players so that other teams couldn't see who we were talking about, but I generally found having to repeatedly looking up who we were talking about both tedious and annoying. It also excludes other Redskins fans from coming in and joining the conversation, which I don't want either. 

So here's what we're going to do, feel free to openly talk about who we want to target in FA. We will keep the actual contract offer amounts restricted to PMs only though, so teams will not know how much we are offering."

You guys weren't 100% transparent as some private messaging took place to discuss details of some free agency transactions did take place.

Either through private messaging or using codes to discuss the finer details of their game planning takes place, I don't think that you can be completely transparent 100% of the time.  When I was participating in FFMD with the Giants we used codes as well as PM's to discuss the free agency while the vast majority of other events was discussed openly.  

If my thoughts came out that I was trying to dismantle the war room concept, that couldn't be further from the truth.  The war room concept is one of the great things about ffmd, and largely why I've requested them be created with Total Control.  

Your rules for discussion about the free agency is spot on, using the codes is a headache not only for the gurus but especially for the new and casual poster.  I believe the Giants forum started using the codes because we wanted a system that would allow us to speak openly about the free agency without others knowing our game plan and using it against us.  Its been awhile so I don't remember the team but I recall reading through other team forums during the free agency period which allowed us to outbid another team for a player and win it, that team started using codes the next day.    

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Unfortunately, people took what was supposed to be a fun, interactive mock and made it a game.  There were a LOT of posters who literally tried to find loopholes and how to exploit them.