Week 11: Rams (7-2) at VIKINGS (7-2)

swede700

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

To me, that really shows you where the locker room in Carolina is at. Not very focused, and ready to do other things

I don't know how the NFL could allow this. Seems like such a major conflict of interest to get sensitive media info yet remain employed by a NFL team.

I really think the Rams are a sneaky good team!  The defense will have to play it's best game of the year in my opinion.  Vikings win, 21-19.

Here are the QBs the Rams have faced this season, as well as their production

Savage 18-36-221-1-2
Manning 20-36-220-2-1
Palmer/Stanton 15-32-188-0-2
Bortles 23-35-241-1-1
Wilson 24-37-198-1-1
Prescott 20-36-252-3-1
Hoyer 23-37-332-2-1
Cousins 18-27-179-1-0
Tolzein 9-18-128-0-2

Honestly, I trust Keenum more than most of those options. Bridgewater couldn't do much worse, either.

6 hours ago, disaacs said:

2 of the 3 best defenses the Rams have faced this year have held them to 20 pts or less (Washington, Seattle), so it's not out of the question.  And even the 3rd, Jacksonville, held Goff to 124 yds passing.

Dallas' defense is ranked higher than Washington's in both total defense and points against per game. We scored 35 on them.

We also didn't try to air it out against Jacksonville. Our special teams got us a lead. We opted to grind out a win and play it safe.

As for Seattle, we moved the ball up and down the field on them all game long. They had flukey plays go their way. It was basically the reverse of when the crappy Rams would somehow manage to beat the Seahawks under Fisher because the Seahawks made a bunch of unforced errors. We left 20 points on the board in that game due to our own flukey mistakes (and a big ref mistake). Seattle's defense gave us some problems, but at the end of the day, we still should have scored at least 23 to 27 points on them if not for our own errors. It was easily the worst game of the McVay era, and the team hasn't played anything like that since.

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Keenum better be set for his revenge game. I suspect they know his tendencies and will look to exploit that.

We do have the book on Case. Defending Case is a lot like defending Russell Wilson (Wilson is obviously a much better and more athletic player, though). You contain Case in the pocket, clog the throwing lanes, collapse the pocket, and take away his lines of vision. When you do that, he struggles to locate targets in the short passing game and forces passes down the field.

I expect Minnesota to try and get him out of the pocket using play design. I also expect Wade to come up with some creative blitzes to try and force Case into mistakes when they boot him.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

That was a super bowl winning defense that carried Manning and Osweiller. This Rams defense isn't as good as the Broncos defense of 2015.

Agreed but I don't think anyone was implying that. Personnel in Denver than was superior to the personnel on the current Rams team. 

Archived