Bucs sign DL Akiem Hicks (1yr $6.5M, with $3.5M in incentives)

bucsfan333

sad to see Suh be a casualty here

but I like Hicks a ton

my girl being a Bears fan, I've watched quite a bit of the Bears this last year, and Hicks was 1 guy I've come away impressed with

He was always one of the guys on that defense providing juice and attitude, even at age 32 he still has great burst and strength

I gotta believe he is going to start opposite Vea and Gholston, with the potential for 5-7 sacks 

• Like 3

hicks is injury prone. At least we have a rookie that’ll split the snaps with him to keep him fresh. I love the move because when healthy he wrecks havoc and gets after it. Him and Mack were giving our OL the business in the TNF game years ago. Pairing up with Vita Vea and then Shaq on the outside? Hicks is going to eat from the 1 on 1 opportunities

• Like 2

The contract is 'up to 10 million' so given how stale his market was, I'd be willing to bet it's very incentive laden. 

Good signing though. Gives us some insurance at DT and allows Hall to come along slowly behind the vet. That's always a smart plan for raw guys. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The contract is 'up to 10 million' so given how stale his market was, I'd be willing to bet it's very incentive laden. 

Good signing though. Gives us some insurance at DT and allows Hall to come along slowly behind the vet. That's always a smart plan for raw guys. 

Yea I mean I think Suh last year made 9 mil so it wouldn't make sense to bring Hicks in on a more expensive deal so  like you said its definitely incentive based.

• 2 weeks later...