What would be your RAS score and what position would you play in NFL?

JAF-N72EX

It's the offseason so I thought this would be fun to do to kill some time.

Use this RAS calculator and build your own card. 

https://ras.football/ras-calculator/

---------

I did mine and RAS basically told me that I don't even rate. Such a deflating result.  I didn't even qualify as a Kicker!!

pNdpWFT.png

I was honest here too. I used to box and played football, baseball and basketball. But that was a long time ago and I'm 40 years old now, and I've only be able to do steady/slow workouts for the last 10 years or so because of health issues. I know the height and walking around weight are accurate. I even measured my hands and arms just for this purpose so they are accurate (I know...I'm such a try hard lol).  I had to guess on the 40, 20, 10 times because it's been so long since I've sprinted and I'm certainly not going outside in the middle of the street at 2am and ask have my wife or kids to time me on it either lol--I'm not THAT much of a try hard.  But I think that's probably pretty accurate now given the decline with age and lack of experience. I put 8.5 as bench because when I tried 225 pounds I got 9 but nobody agreed with me. Don't judge me-- Judge my family.  I also had to guess on the broad jump too. But I did base it on my real estimated vertical though, which I think is fair, because I know for sure I can still touch the rim.

Anyhow, let me hear it from all of you freakish athletes out there who would've went pro if you didn't bust your knee in high school or college lol.

• Like 2

Me at the Combine...

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I registered in at 0.15, and that was BEFORE I realized bench press was assuming 225lbs already racked (I - in fact - do not get 225 reps at 225 lbs). Once I compensated for this, I went down to a 0/na rating for my old position, SS.

Everything was in red, as if the card was warning me that I'd die if I tried to play (which is accurate).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Me at the Combine...

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

I registered in at 0.15, and that was BEFORE I realized bench press was assuming 225lbs already racked (I - in fact - do not get 225 reps at 225 lbs). Once I compensated for this, I went down to a 0/na rating for my old position, SS.

Everything was in red, as if the card was warning me that I'd die if I tried to play (which is accurate).

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Like 1

My only shot is to be a kicker with below average leg strength.   I'd have to become an R.A. Dickey type of kicker and totally nail onside kicks and squirrely squib kicks.   So, if that specialty fit in with Belichick, I'd have a job.  

Yes, they'd need an extra kicker on the roster to do the PATs and FGs.  I can't be expected to do everything..

Edited by ///mcompact

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Are we assuming now or in our prime? College me actually records some numbers in the yellow in a few spots whereas me now can only compensate in the bench press

I did Prime me, and registered like a 2.18 at TE.  I haven't had most any of these actually tested since then.  I'm still shockingly fast my a guy my size/age.  I laid down a bunt a couple years ago and got to first before the pitcher even got to the ball because they didn't expect it.  Mind you, this was against a 12U rec baseball team I was coaching.  Needless to say, the shocked expression on their faces was hilarious.  I did sort of the same thing this year as a ghost runner in fielding practice for my middle kids 11U select team.  The coach hitting the ball hit a sharp grounder to third and I beat a perfect throw by about 2 steps.  At 41 i'm mindful to not go full speed often, but i'll still turn it up every now and then.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Are we assuming now or in our prime? College me actually records some numbers in the yellow in a few spots whereas me now can only compensate in the bench press

I never had a prime…

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I did Prime me, and registered like a 2.18 at TE.  I haven't had most any of these actually tested since then.  I'm still shockingly fast my a guy my size/age.  I laid down a bunt a couple years ago and got to first before the pitcher even got to the ball because they didn't expect it.  Mind you, this was against a 12U rec baseball team I was coaching.  Needless to say, the shocked expression on their faces was hilarious.  I did sort of the same thing this year as a ghost runner in fielding practice for my middle kids 11U select team.  The coach hitting the ball hit a sharp grounder to third and I beat a perfect throw by about 2 steps.  At 41 i'm mindful to not go full speed often, but i'll still turn it up every now and then.

Prime me is like a 4.9 40, does about 5 bench reps at 225, has an upper 20s vertical actually a decent shuttle and broad. My prime 5’10.5 and 188 pound frame really hurts me, whether that’s at SS or WLB.

For a DII Catcher, I’ll proudly stand by those numbers…for an NFL prospect…LOL.