Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yet.  Time to start scouting OT's for 2024.

Dillard is pretty solid from what I remember.  Wonder what it would take to pry him out of PHI?  At 26 he's in his prime and as a pending FA shouldn't be too expensive.  

Any chance Michell is ready?  Seems to have start potential just not sure if his strength is pro game ready this year.  Would like to see him in game action though to see where he's at.  Not even sure Edoga is roster worthy at this point.

I looked at him as well. But came to find out he actually hasn’t been that good. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good. And he could be had for cheap as well being it’s the last year of his deal. But I think to bank on him as a quality starter might be optimistic.

Wouldnt mind grabbing him as a swing OT and sign Brown as the starter. And then we have the option of trying to resign Dillard if we like what we see. Regardless… it would appear we need to draft an OT in Round 1 this next draft. Can’t see us picking up Bectons 5th year after what will be him sitting out 2 straight seasons. So next year could be his last as a Jet. And we really can’t rely on him at all. And that’s the bed he’s made for himself with not taking care of his body the way a professional should. 

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Losing Becton isn’t the end of the world, we didn’t have him last year. They’ll figure it out 

Exactly, they had a weak link last year at LG and were still graded out as the top half of the league.  They'll get it together, still early enough.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Losing Becton isn’t the end of the world, we didn’t have him last year. They’ll figure it out 

We should sign Duane Brown and honestly look to try and trade for Andre Dillard too. Becton should never even be an option going into next year. 

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We should sign Duane Brown and honestly look to try and trade for Andre Dillard too. Becton should never even be an option going into next year. 

I would hope the staff and Douglas would be smarter than to have Becton penciled in as a starter next year. He’s toast 

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

They had a solid replacement in Morgan Moses last year.  This year they went into this with LOL at backups.  But i got scorned for saying we should trade our WR 5-6 for an intriguing OT

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

They had a solid replacement in Morgan Moses last year.  This year they went into this with LOL at backups.  But i got scorned for saying we should trade our WR 5-6 for an intriguing OT

Yes you got scorned because we have been patient to this point with Mims who's now finally trending up, whereas Jenkins' stock is plummeting and could likely be had without moving Mims.

I'd much rather have Duane Brown & Denzel Mims than just Teven Jenkins & no Mims. 

Edited by jetjuice

You proposed a random trade, this aint Madden. If Jenkins was to get traded there's going to be better offers than Mims. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You proposed a random trade, this aint Madden. If Jenkins was to get traded there's going to be better offers than Mims. 

I actually think that sending Mims might be an overpay, Jenkins has done nothing but lose value in the league thus far for a myriad of reasons. Don't see him netting more than a 6th or so.

Moses wanted to start and with Fant and Becton pencilled in as starters, he was not going to sign with us. That is what I heard. I’m going to trust JD will find a decent RT. Assuming the guy we just signed is not an option. I know nothin about him. 

36 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I actually think that sending Mims might be an overpay, Jenkins has done nothing but lose value in the league thus far for a myriad of reasons. Don't see him netting more than a 6th or so.

And what do you think you are getting for Mims?  He's a 5th at best and even that is a stretch.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

And what do you think you are getting for Mims?  He's a 5th at best and even that is a stretch.

I don't want to trade Mims... the off-chance that he shows enough that he can step in for Corey Davis next year is worth holding onto him.

Edited by jetjuice

Watching one Jets drive. Jets are a very likable team, they bring in quality people who are team first and work hard. Tomlinson and DJ Reed just seem like quality people who bring good qualities to the team. 

Quinnen Williams seems hungry to take his game to next level.