Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

I was not happy when they let Moses go. I thought we needed two good starters with Becton as the big ?. I would have told Becton he had to earn his way back in as RT or LT. I'm so tired of the kid gloves with these guys. You want that spot go fight for it. 

Becton will be back next year and this team BETTER have 2 starting T and Becton as the backup fighting for a spot. 

I would love to get Orlando Brown next year and move on from Fant. The best thing now is draft a T high and hope Mitchell comes along as a swing at least. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was not happy when they let Moses go. I thought we needed two good starters with Becton as the big ?. I would have told Becton he had to earn his way back in as RT or LT. I'm so tired of the kid gloves with these guys. You want that spot go fight for it. 

Becton will be back next year and this team BETTER have 2 starting T and Becton as the backup fighting for a spot. 

I would love to get Orlando Brown next year and move on from Fant. The best thing now is draft a T high and hope Mitchell comes along as a swing at least. 

Moses chose to leave. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I do not think they will count on Becton anymore.  Hell, he may even choose to hang it up himself.  Next year would be a good time to invest a high pick on an OT.  If Becton decides to continue his career, let him earn it as you state.  The problem with having three or more starting caliber OT's is that only two will play.  Paying big $ and/or having a disgruntled bench player is not a good situation.

In an ideal world, which is completely opposite of the Jets world, we draft a good OT in round 1, get a decent FA OT that accepts his role of being a backup and Becton comes back to fight for a roster spot. 

Have to imagine Becton’s injury drastically changes the narrative for Fant. Barring an all-pro like season, he was never going to see that extension with Mekhi waiting in the wings. Now, all of a sudden, it would seem almost certain he’ll be here for the long run. 

51 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Have to imagine Becton’s injury drastically changes the narrative for Fant. Barring an all-pro like season, he was never going to see that extension with Mekhi waiting in the wings. Now, all of a sudden, it would seem almost certain he’ll be here for the long run. 

By all accounts they loved Fant with or without Becton.  The stigma of a RT vs LT isn't there anymore.  Teams pay a premium for RTs now too.  Fant likely was getting an extension it's more a matter of when then it was if.

I hope Mitchell gets a longer look over Edoga.  We now what Edoga is low level guy that is nothing but a swing tackle you hope doesn't play much.  Mitchell while a rookie offers much more upside.  I assume they won't count on Mitchell going into week 1 but I hope he gets more burn with the 1s the rest of camp until the veteran is signed.

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

By all accounts they loved Fant with or without Becton.  The stigma of a RT vs LT isn't there anymore.  Teams pay a premium for RTs now too.  Fant likely was getting an extension it's more a matter of when then it was if.

I hope Mitchell gets a longer look over Edoga.  We now what Edoga is low level guy that is nothing but a swing tackle you hope doesn't play much.  Mitchell while a rookie offers much more upside.  I assume they won't count on Mitchell going into week 1 but I hope he gets more burn with the 1s the rest of camp until the veteran is signed.

With you in regards to the stigma fading, but there’s no way a healthy Mekhi Becton wasn’t seen as our cornerstone LT. Had he balled out this year, the change was almost inevitable.

54 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

JD loves Fant, not sure why people think he’s not in the plans 

I think it is more about the $ he wants vs his limited high level of play.  JD is very judicious with his spending and if a lower cost, longer term replacement can be had, JD may go that route.

44 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

There he is the guy who I think was the best player in the draft. Sauce is going to be the best CB in the league very soon. There is no way a guy 6' 3" who is a CB that can run fast, loose hips, change gear, pick of ints, cover 1 on 1 or play zone. I never go crazy of rookies but this guy is something special. The work ethic is great too. I'm holding off on buying his jersey. The last one I bought before they took a snap was Darnold's jersey.