Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

43 minutes ago, famousj said:

Its June people.  Lets give Beckton a chance to even make it to training camp before putting all this criticism on him.  I believe in Beckton's talent to be a STUD OT.   I believe Beckton will be a dominate force on the OL this year.

I can’t tell if this is a serious post or not 

I can look tomorrow….. but I could swear a majority of the people wanted Becton bad. When some of us wanted nothing to do with him. And I remember the reason a ton didn’t want Wirfs was bc they thought he was strictly a RT and a RT shouldn’t be drafted that high. Becton was the sexy pick and alot bought into that

Did some digging, board was overwhelmingly in favor of Wirfs. Feel pretty good about my take: 

Becton is the biggest wildcard - If Douglas is confident in his mentality/motivation then I'm all aboard the hype train because the raw ability is eye popping. For me, he's impossible to evaluate without actually having any insight but if he's the pick I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I trust Douglas to put an emphasis on character.

I also sited that his failed drug test, right before the draft, reeked of immaturity. Not much has changed... he's confirmed both the immaturity and all-world potential. Still have high hopes till the wheels fall off. That said, watching someone with his talent act like such a petulant child (twitter nonsense etc) is mind numbing. He needs to lose the ego, grow some thicker skin and hold himself accountable or his remaining supporters will dwindle. 

9 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Did some digging, board was overwhelmingly in favor of Wirfs. Feel pretty good about my take: 

Becton is the biggest wildcard - If Douglas is confident in his mentality/motivation then I'm all aboard the hype train because the raw ability is eye popping. For me, he's impossible to evaluate without actually having any insight but if he's the pick I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I trust Douglas to put an emphasis on character.

I also sited that his failed drug test, right before the draft, reeked of immaturity. Not much has changed... he's confirmed both the immaturity and all-world potential. Still have high hopes till the wheels fall off. That said, watching someone with his talent act like such a petulant child (twitter nonsense etc) is mind numbing. He needs to lose the ego, grow some thicker skin and hold himself accountable or his remaining supporters will dwindle. 

Went back and looked this morning and yes most seemed to want something different. So I was wrong. I thought I remembered it as most wanted Becton. I know the only banned old member on this board wanted him bad and he was on everyone for not wanting him. So maybe that's why I thought more wanted him.

It was funny to see some of our reactions to the pick though. I know I wanted Wirfs... but I also wanted CeeDee Lamb BAD. And I did make the comment about how awesome it was going to be to see one of the Smith's as a starting WR for us. And got drilled for overreacting by @Rockice_8And our WR room that season was just awful. I'm so happy we've revamped it in 2 off-season's to follow with Davis, Moore and Wilson.

Davis and Wilson seem to have a connection. If he can stay healthy... expect him to be the guy of the group to be the go to guy for Wilson. Good thing is that he doesn't HAVE TO be that. Because we have other good guys that teams have to respect.

Ya I wanted Wirf for a fact beacsue I'm a big Iowa Hawkeye fan and knew this guy was going to be a stud. I'm not a fan of very large guys in football. It seems to me you can be too big for football. I always say bigger people have bigger health problems. 

If the reports are correct I hope Wilson is having a big improvement. I'm not sold on him until I see results this season. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Was the banned member jetskid?  If this topic is off limits someone PM me lol.  I think I remember him going off the deep end and changing his user name?

He posts elsewhere under different username, still makes excellent posts 

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He posts elsewhere under different username, still makes excellent posts 

He did make excellent posts unless you disagreed with him. Had 0 people skills on how to debate or even talk to people who differed with him.

He got banned by webmaster bc of his posts and WAY too attacking. And he made like 3 other accounts and tried sneaking back on multiple times and webmaster blocked those too.

Part of being someone good on a board like this is not only making valid points but even more so, the ability to listen and see other viewpoints. Not just disagree with others and say you're an idiot.