BE: Demarcus Cousins

BE: Pat Conaughton

Coach: Doc Rivers

@Tyronnosaurus

HC: Jason Kidd

G Lonzo Ball | Davion Mitchell

G Steph Curry | Jordan Poole

F Klay Thompson | Devin Vassell | Deni Avdija

F Cam Johnson | Aaron Gordon | Kelly Oubre Jr.

C Bam Adebayo | Steven Adams

Let them defend their team before voting.

Edited by Bullet Club

im leaning tyron... i really like his versatility. bench was made in a super complementary fashion, which i think a lot of people got kinda lazy with tbh. but i mean DP has ******* lamelo on his bench lol. i think wood's a bum. damn i mean even though he probably has the most talented bench player in the league in lamelo, i think i like tyron's pieces there on the bench more. the operation of tyron's starting line-up is so much prettier in my mind than DP's tbh. i'm pretty sold i'm gonna go tyron over DP... i dunno i will leave it open for DP to convince me, but i'm close to voting on this one. 

Questions for Deadpulse?

How do you plan on managing the minutes at guard, and how do you plan to compensate for having two bad to awful defenders starting in your backcourt? Is there a concern about how Randle fits?

Morant, Beal, and Randle all want the ball working through them.  2 of the 3 won't be happy, or at best at least one won't be happy pretty much all the time.  If Randle could be a team player and be mostly off ball it works better, he could hit the kick outs from Morant drives, but that's not how Randle plays.

Deadpulse   vs   Tyronnosaurus
J Morant 1       L Ball 0
B Beal 0       S Curry 1
K Johnson 0       K Thompson 1
J Randle 1       C Johnson 0
C Capela 0       B Adebayo 1
Starters 2       Starters 3

L Ball         D Mitchell  
C Wood         J Poole  
J Kuminga         D Vassell  
J Giddey         D Avdija  
B Hield         A Gordon  
D Cousins         K Oubre  
P Conaughton         S Adams  
Bench 0       Bench 1

Subtotal 2       Subtotal 4

Tiebreaker? No       Tiebreaker? No

Winner Tyronnosaurus

This is how I voted. I like @Tyronnosaurus starting lineup slightly better, and I like his bench better too.  

Some general background on my team. I wanted to go guard heavy and after taking Steph I made it a goal to pair him with Klay and hopefully grab Poole.

So to start I believe I have the best spacing in this thing. I wanted to get shooters, shooters, shooters. Steph alone can change an entire defense against the team. Klay isn’t the same star he was pre-injury but he’s still getting you between 15-20 a night and we’ve seen a few classic clutch big time Klay games this playoffs. And then I think Cam Johnson is the perfect non-superstar stretch 4 in the league. 

Adebayo is a defensive superstar and I think he plays the Draymond role perfectly with his screen and passing ability. He’s a very good rebounder as well. Only downside is the lack of shooting but he is an anchor for this team.

The big question I may get with the lineup is Lonzo Ball. I think he’s a borderline elite on-ball defender and I 100% believe he would thrive as good as ever in this up-tempo Warriors-like offense. I like Steph playing more off-ball and think Ball fits like a glove next to him. The big thing for me was his dramatically improved 3point shooting over the years. He seems to be a reliable 40% 3pt shooter.

The offense has one superstar and one guy who will constantly break down defenses, but I think the overall shooting and gravity of Steph alleviates any of that.

Now for the bench. To start I wanted an elite 6th man. I have that with Poole. He’s a stud scorer from everywhere and I could see him making an All Star game or two in a few years. Now his defense is pretty bad so the number one thing I wanted next to him was defense. Enter Davion Mitchell. A bit biased as a Baylor fan, I think having Mitchell as my bench PG, and next to another guy who can handle the ball as well, is a great move. He’s not a reliable 3pt shooter, rather very streaky, but he is elite, elite quickness and getting to the rim. I don’t have the exact stats but in like 20 games he started and down the stretch the last month or so of the season, he was putting up Rookie of the Year numbers and was efficient. It was something like 19/8 on great efficient minus the FT shooting. I think he is a stud and will become a Marcus Smart-like player but higher ceiling. But all of this said the main thing was defense. He is ALREADY an elite on-ball defender and I wouldn’t take any more than 5 guys in the entire league over him in that category right now. You can tell I love Mitchell, but I think his play has shown he has some very high potential.

Moving on. I was ECSTATIC to grab Vassell. I think the Spurs got an absolute 3andD STUD here. I wanted one of him or Duarte and got my guy. I believe he also can mask some of Poole’s defensive inefficiencies. My 3rd SF/bigger wing was Deni. I admittedly knew little about him but knew he had some hype to him. I knew he was a very spotty shooter and a very solid playmaker. What I did not know was just how good he has been on defense. Like lockdown level defense. I wanted to grab him for potential, for one, but also for some more wing defense. He can also initiate plays when needed as well, giving me 3 playmakers off the bench.

My backup PFs. When I got Gordon I was extremely happy. At the time I had a ton of shooting and overall very solid defense, but wanted a little more size and defense. Gordon brings that and is a perfect fit on my team. I mean perfect. He can guard 1-5 on switches, maybe not lockdown on 5s, but can be effective. I think in the PnRoll or PnPop game with Davion and Poole he can be a terror. The 3pt shooting is worrisome but he is more there to be a plus defender in this unit. Between he and Mitchell I believe I have two cornerstone defenders on my bench. Looking at it now, Oubre may be one of my favorite picks. This guy is a dynamite scorer and can light it up. As my 3rd PF he can come in lineups and provide a much needed scoring spark. Of course he can play the 3 too. Funny, I was actually between he and Hachimura (more size) at that last pick, but ultimately went for more scoring.

This leads me to my backup big. Steven Adams. For one I think my team desperately needed more rebounding. With that I grab an elite rebounder and maybe the best offensive rebounder in the game. Him grabbing ORs and kicking out to a plethora of shooters will be very valuable. He also bring solid defense. But maybe the biggest reason I ended up taking him (over Javale McGee) was his screen ability in this offense. Setting screens for Steph, Poole, and Klay will be a very underrated plus for this team. He’s also a very good passer. My two centers can’t shoot, but they can set screens and pass as well as any big man not named Jokic, and that right there is very valuable.

Overall that is my write up. I personally think while other teams have more star power on their team, my team has the best fit of anyone. And with the greatest shooter of all time (who is a superstar himself still) surrounded by a team full of snipers, and a defensive center anchor down low, I believe I can compete with anyone.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

im not sure who to vote I like both squads..think DP has the more physical squad just off the strength of Rande vs Cam Johnson. But with Klay and Bam rotating to play help D on the block that could be negated, however, I can see Randle eating off putbacks and hustle plays. 

but just because you have the more physical starting lineup doesnt mean its a W in your matchup either…love the playmaking and outside shooting on Tyron squad. plus he has four tough guys who will scrap and bang if it turns physical. 

Back to DP, i think Randle being so ball dominant and him not touching it as much may effect his effort on both ends. Not sure really he’s always been at worst a 2nd option on teams. 

leaning towards Ty though..just dont see anyone slowing Steph down with that Beal/Morant back court

Ty has 3 plus defenders in Lonzo, Klay and Bam so I give the slight edge to them making a key stop when game gets tight.. Other guy has LaMelo that can drop 20 and drop dimes but will he against Mitchell? tough ima come back later to vote

8 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

If I were DPs team, with the current roster construction, I would move Randle to backup 5 and either start Johnson at the 4 and the Hield at the 3 for a small-ball unit, or start Wood at the 4.

At this point it doesn't matter lol

• Like 1