G: Patrick Beverley / Jordan Clarkson / Victor Oladipo

F: LeBron James / Will Barton

F: Draymond Green / Kevin Love

C- Nikola Vucevic / JaVale McGee

HC: Nate McMillan

Let them defend their teams.

Edited by Bullet Club

i think my team works better.

have rubio as the QB with three great shooters with gobert down low. whenever rubio is off the court, brogdon will be primary ball handler from the 2 spot. everyone can shoot besides ricky and rudy. everyone defends at least at an adequate level unless you wanna argue about mcbuckets. 

think the functionality of my squad is a bit cleaner. if it's KD/Gobert v. Bron/Kyrie i think all of my supporting pieces better aid in making the duo work to its maximum potential. think my bench is vastly superior personally. think my team has more IQ, way better defense, more clearly defined roles with a better coach in place. quite a few non-defenders on KYID's squad. think my team also offers a little more size/length. personally don't see a lot of avenues to KYID's team winning a 7-game series aside from having kyrie go nuclear. 

FinneasGage   vs   KhanYouDigit
R Rubio 0       K Irving 1
G Trent 1       P Beverley 0
K Middleton 0       L James 1
K Durant 1       D Green 0
R Gobert 1       N Vucevic 0
Starters 3       Starters 2

T Rozier         T Maxey  
M Brogdon         M Fultz  
J Richardson         J Clarkson  
P Williams         V Oladipo  
D McDermott         W Barton  
PJ Washington         K Love  
W Carter         J McGee  
Bench 0       Bench 1

Subtotal 3       Subtotal 3

Tiebreaker? No       Tiebreaker? Yes

Winner KhanYouDigit

This has been the weirdest matchup to grade.  Both team's have legit superstars, and both have legit bigs. I also don't understand the starting lineup for either team, as I would have had both Rozier and Brogdon starting over Rubio, and I'd probably have Maxey starting over Beverley. Finneas might have the worst starting Guard pairing in this entire tournament. Also calling Lebron a SF at this point in his career is probably generous, he needs to play PF so I'm not loving the wing defense on Khan's team. The benches are actually extremely close, ultimately I gave that to Khan as I think Maxey might be the most talented bench player in this matchup and he has some more experienced players there too. So it came down to a tiebreaker, and I just trust the Lebron/Kyrie combo more than Durant/Gobert to win this series. I voted for @KhanYouDigIt 's team. 

Naw, Rubio starting is the right move. He's a plus defender, and he makes Gobert a lob threat on offense that Rozier doesn't. Pairing them together was absolutely the right thing for Finn to do because it maximizes Gobert, you can't play him off the court. I haven't voted yet, I wanna see what Khan has to say, but that was a great call by Finn.

Edited by Bullet Club

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Naw, Rubio starting is the right move. He's a plus defender, and he makes Gobert a lob threat on offense that Rozier doesn't. Pairing them together was absolutely the right thing for Finn to do because it maximizes Gobert, you can't play him off the court. I haven't voted yet, I wanna see what Khan has to say, but that was a great call by Finn.

Brogdon gives you all that too, plus he's a better 3 point shooter. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Brogdon gives you all that too, plus he's a better 3 point shooter. 

Brogdon isn't anywhere near the creator for others Rubio is. He's not going to be able to utilize Gobert the same way. He's far better utilized as a secondary playmaker or primary off the bench.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

FinneasGage   vs   KhanYouDigit
R Rubio 0       K Irving 1
G Trent 1       P Beverley 0
K Middleton 0       L James 1
K Durant 1       D Green 0
R Gobert 1       N Vucevic 0
Starters 3       Starters 2

T Rozier         T Maxey  
M Brogdon         M Fultz  
J Richardson         J Clarkson  
P Williams         V Oladipo  
D McDermott         W Barton  
PJ Washington         K Love  
W Carter         J McGee  
Bench 0       Bench 1

Subtotal 3       Subtotal 3

Tiebreaker? No       Tiebreaker? Yes

Winner KhanYouDigit

This has been the weirdest matchup to grade.  Both team's have legit superstars, and both have legit bigs. I also don't understand the starting lineup for either team, as I would have had both Rozier and Brogdon starting over Rubio, and I'd probably have Maxey starting over Beverley. Finneas might have the worst starting Guard pairing in this entire tournament. Also calling Lebron a SF at this point in his career is probably generous, he needs to play PF so I'm not loving the wing defense on Khan's team. The benches are actually extremely close, ultimately I gave that to Khan as I think Maxey might be the most talented bench player in this matchup and he has some more experienced players there too. So it came down to a tiebreaker, and I just trust the Lebron/Kyrie combo more than Durant/Gobert to win this series. I voted for @KhanYouDigIt 's team. 

with all due respect giving KYID's bench the nod is wild 

I would honestly have started Draymond at C and LeBron at the 4 and then targeted a better starting 2 or a plus shooting starting 3 than taking Vuc. And then would have grabbed a better backup center earlier that can move a little better and sub in for Draymond against bigger lineups. I think Vuc/Green/LeBron is a very awkwardly fit 3-5.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

Finn’s backcourt doesn’t scare me at all. 

Kyrie and LeBron can take over the game at any point, only KD can do that for him imo. Pat Bev and Draymond will do their thing on defense. Any of my starters can be a facilitator on offense. Vuc can stretch the floor, drawing Rudy out of the paint and allowing LeBron or Kyrie to get to the rack with ease.

If I need to go small ball, I have no problem sliding Draymond to the 5 and LeBron to the 4.

Clarkson and Maxey give me firepower off the bench. Guys that can create their own shot and score at any time. Love will be that stretch 4, while McGee is running the PnR game with Maxey/Fultz. 

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

with all due respect giving KYID's bench the nod is wild 

Wut 

15 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Finn’s backcourt doesn’t scare me at all. 

Kyrie and LeBron can take over the game at any point, only KD can do that for him imo. Pat Bev and Draymond will do their thing on defense. Any of my starters can be a facilitator on offense. Vuc can stretch the floor, drawing Rudy out of the paint and allowing LeBron or Kyrie to get to the rack with ease.

If I need to go small ball, I have no problem sliding Draymond to the 5 and LeBron to the 4.

Clarkson and Maxey give me firepower off the bench. Guys that can create their own shot and score at any time. Love will be that stretch 4, while McGee is running the PnR game with Maxey/Fultz. 

Wut 

I'd like to see Finn's response to this because I see an easy counter.

27 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Wut 

i mean i've said it before i don't think your pieces complement your crew all that well. think you have a few too many lazy defenders and low-iq guys but it doesn't really matter because people don't know what they're doing or didn't really sit and think before voting

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd like to see Finn's response to this because I see an easy counter.

i didn't even read it tbh lol. the fact that the votes at where it's at i kinda lost faith that people are really thinking things thru. more than likely it's some dunning kruger **** on my end, but i've dismissed everyone as being lazy/bad at knowing things