Clark Hunt and Sutton

valkrei

Clark Hunt  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clark Hunt a good owner?

• Yes, Brilliant.
    • No, He still wants Roger Goodell and fired Dorsey Seriously.....
  2. 2. Do we still want Bob Sutton?

• Yes. The experts say this guy is the Man!
    • No. I do not see what the experts are seeing

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2017 at 05:21 AM

I like Hunt. As a fan, I didn't like the Dorsey decision (still don't), but we probably don't have the full picture of the situation. He did well to go after Andy Reid when he was fired from Philly and really he doesn't stand out, which is usually a good thing for an owner.

Bob Sutton is not great, and he's probably the fall guy if we fail in the PO again this year, but I doubt we fire him within the year. If so we need a solid in house replacement, I don't know if we have that guy on our staff as our today.

Yea If i did the poll again I would have had a third option on Hunt.  I kind of feel stuck in the middle I would have said yes 10 times over until recently now its just moving in the wrong direction.  So many things I don't like in a short span of time.

Poorly constructed question if you want the temperature.

Hunt has been very good. He is neither too close nor too distant. His handling of the Dorsey situation could have  been better, but the blow up made things difficult. B+

I liked Sutton better the first few weeks than I do now. I am beginning to think that much of the defense's early success was a carryover from old habits and schemes. That said, we have all seen worse. C-

J

I think Clark Hunt has opinions he doesn't share with us "common folk". He'll defer to the judgement of those he's hired, for the most part. So there's nothing "brilliant" about the man.

Sutton on the other hand, is a pox on the Chiefs. But Andy Reid is loyal to a fault and I don't foresee the change that should have happened immediately yafter the Colts PO debacle. There's too many Sutton Disciples here that blindly worship the man and throw reason out the window. It's quite sad really, but that's life I guess.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Gee, Mayan, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.O.o

There are worse DC in the league. It's just that we need better.

J

I fully agree. I'm not sure who'd be able to come in as an improvement on short notice. I think we'll see a bit of a shake-up on the coachimng staff after the year. There has always been some movement.

I don't see an option from within right now. Gibbs and Thomas I consider too old to be a longer term option, and I wouldn't like a father-son team as HC-DC, which rules out Britt Reid.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Gee, Mayan, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.O.o

There are worse DC in the league. It's just that we need better.

J

LOLLLLLL........No kid'n we need better. Chiefs might limp into the Playoffs as the AFC West is shockingly poor this season. But KC will die a quick death with this defense and Bob Sutton as the DC helm.

Chiefs defense is 28th/yards, 30th/yds-gm., 27th/pass, 29th/rush. Only SF and NYG have a worse defense and they've been obliterated from Playoff consideration.

So for as long as Sutton has kept this defense sucking, I've made a good case for calling Sutton the worst DC in the NFL. Are you going to throw reason out the window too????

And don't give me any BS about injuries. All teams deal with that. Good teams have players who believe in "next man up" to go win games.

I'm fine with Hunt. He's mostly invisible to us as fans, which I think is a good thing. He struggled when he initially took over, but the team has definitely trended up over time, and he's made some very solid hires over the past 4-5 years. So I'm fine with what we can see. But honestly, we don't see enough to really judge an owner.

Sutton I've soured on over the course of the year. I'm hoping that some changes have been made over the past two weeks with the bye. I'm willing to give him that opportunity, at least. I've been a fan of Sutton over the years because I like his overall defensive philosophy. Prevent the big play, capitalize on the opponents' mistakes, and dominate situational football. But our personnel is clearly not making that work this year, between no Berry, DJ's falloff, no Poe, and some mediocre to bad performances by a handful of guys. And the big problem is, he has not adjusted at all, which is concerning. Bend but don't break is fine when it works, but we're still allowing deep passes with safeties deep and the corners playing off. Rushing 3 at times is fine if the 8 men in coverage can blanket the field, but that's not what they're doing. Playing predominantly nickel and light interior packages are fine if your ILBs and Ss are aggressive and reliable tacklers, but ours are not right now. I've been fine over the years with his scheme and philosophies, but they no longer suit the personnel. If he hasn't made substantial changes over the bye to improve the D, a change needs to happen at DC. It's a tough change to make mid-season though, when I'm not sure we really have an assistant coach that fits the spot.

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

LOLLLLLL........No kid'n we need better. Chiefs might limp into the Playoffs as the AFC West is shockingly poor this season. But KC will die a quick death with this defense and Bob Sutton as the DC helm.

Chiefs defense is 28th/yards, 30th/yds-gm., 27th/pass, 29th/rush. Only SF and NYG have a worse defense and they've been obliterated from Playoff consideration.

So for as long as Sutton has kept this defense sucking, I've made a good case for calling Sutton the worst DC in the NFL. Are you going to throw reason out the window too????

And don't give me any BS about injuries. All teams deal with that. Good teams have players who believe in "next man up" to go win games.

I honestly don't care if we're dead last and  give up the most yards. Sure, it may be frustrating. But, the only thing that matters is points.

Currently: 18th with 208 @ 23.1ppg

2016: 7th with 311 @ 19.4 ppg

2015: 3rd with 287 @ 17.9ppg

Have we gotten a bit worse? Yes. But we're also missing one of the best safeties in the league. Also, the current lowest in the league is 14.9ppg by the Jaguars. But look at who they've played.

Texans (7), Titans (37), Jets (23), Steelers (9), Rams (27), Colts (0), Bengals (7), Chargers (17).

The Chiefs for comparison...

Patriots (27), Eagles (20), Chargers (10), Redskin (20), Texans (34), Steelers (19), Raiders (31), Broncos (19), Cowboys (28).

Texans, they played against Tom Savage and we had Watson put up stupid garbage time numbers.

Steelers, they did well against. But holding that offense to 19 is pretty good.

Chargers, we allowed a TD less.

Our D isn't great right now. There's no denying that. But it isn't as bad as is being led on. Plus, we're entering the "easier" part of our schedule now. The D will do better than 23.1ppg against the struggling Giants, rookie QB Peterman/Bills, the Jets, Cutler and the rest of the AFCW barring catastrophic injuries. *knocks on wood*

I will say Sutton made MOST of the adjustments he needed to this week. Had more 3 man DLs. DJ saw the least playing time he's gotten in a decade. Sorensen played far more regular safety and KPL took over a lot of his snaps as the coverage and nickel 2nd ILB. With Ragland eating a lot of DJ's solo ILB snaps. That was all good, and it all paid off. Ragland and KPL had good games. We handled Engram and Vereen in the passing game and we weren't getting blown off the LOS in run support like always.

But the decision to start Gaines is a huge black mark on this game. We've had 5 guys start games at CB this season, and I think it's obvious to basically everyone now that our best setup is Peters at LCB, Nelson at RCB moving to slot in nickel, and Mitchell at RCB when Nelson moves inside. I'd even say Murray being our best #4 CB is clear too. Gaines needs no playing time whatsoever. Acker should stay on special teams.

The defense did its part against the Giants. Suddenly the offense is flat and listless. We saw signs of this when we played the Cowboys and especially Oakland. Early in the year we dominated the 4th quarter. That has flipped.

They need to get their act together, because the Bills have one of the best defenses in the league.

J

Archived