1. 1. Who wins?

• Bullet Club
    • KhanYouDigIt

I guess my biases had blinded me, sorry @FinneasGage

@Bullet Club

PG: Shai Gilgeous Alexander/Derrick Rose

SG: Andrew Wiggins/Spencer Dinwiddie/Caleb Martin

SF: Jerami Grant/Alec Burks

PF: Jaren Jackson Jr./Nic Batum/Otto Porter Jr.

C: Nikola Jokic/Dwight Howard

Coach: Erik Spoelstra

------------------------------------------

@KhanYouDigIt

• G: Kyrie Irving / Tyrese Maxey / Markelle Fultz

G: Patrick Beverley / Jordan Clarkson / Victor Oladipo

F: LeBron James / Will Barton

F: Draymond Green / Kevin Love

C- Nikola Vucevic / JaVale McGee

HC: Nate McMillan

• Like 1

I like the way this played out. I have the best player, I have a better coach, and my team is better equipped to stop his team than his is mine. We just saw Jokic, by himself, go off against Draymond and a better defender than Vuc in Looney. He's going to absolutely feast in this series. Once again I have a significant length advantage, and his perimeter defense is seriously lacking. He also only has one rim protector, and he's probably not going to get big minutes. He has nothing to throw at my best player, who now has help from all angles. My guys should be able to get wherever they want offensively. If he goes small I'm going to put LeBron in a ton of SGA/JJJ or SGA/Jokic PNR action and wear him down. He likes to conserve energy on defense, and I'm not going to allow that to happen. I'm going to try to move Wiggins/Grant around off-ball to always keep him moving if only slightly.

Defensively, I like this match up too. Most of his scoring comes from small guards and LeBron. With my length shrinking the court, and no liabilities I'm going to make them work for everything. I can hide JJJ on Draymond so he'll always be around as a weakside defender if LeBron/Kyrie go to the rim. Draymond, who has scored 20 points once in the last three years isn't going to make me pay over the course of a series with open jumpers. Especially as a sub 30% guy from deep who is legitimately terrible from midrange (26.7% 10-16 ft, 30% 16-23 ft). For LeBron I'll toss Wiggins/Grant/Batum/Porter Jr./Burks at him and wear him down. He doesn't have the stamina to single-handedly win a 7 game playoff series anymore, especially when he's not the best player in this series. Khan doesn't have the personnel to take advantage of Jokic's drop tendency either. 

Lastly, he has a weird scoring hierarchy. Lebron/Kyrie/Vuc is clear for the starters but his bench gets murky. Maxey, Fultz, Clarkson and Barton are all sparkplug guys. Who is going to get the amount of shots they want? Who and how are they going to provide value if they aren't getting the shots they want? That's not a concern I have. This is another team that has no answer for my best player, can't take advantage of my lack of rebounding, can't take advantage of Jokic in drop situations, has worse coaching, and will have to work a lot harder to get what they want over the course of a series than I will. I'm winning this in 6.

Rotation against KhanYouDigIt

PG Shai Gilgeous Alexander (33), Derrick Rose (15)

SG Andrew Wiggins (30), Spencer Dinwiddie (12), Caleb Martin (3), Derrick Rose (3)

SF Jerami Grant (26), Nic Batum (10), Alec Burks (7), Otto Porter Jr. (5)

PF Jaren Jackson Jr. (30), Nic Batum (10), Otto Porter Jr. (4), Jerami Grant (4)

C Nikola Jokic (36), Dwight Howard (10), Jaren Jackson Jr. (2)

Minutes

Nikola Jokic (36)

Shai Gilgeous Alexander (33)

Jaren Jackson Jr. (32)

Andrew Wiggins (30)

Jerami Grant (30)

Nic Batum (20)

Derrick Rose (18)

Spencer Dinwiddie (12)

Dwight Howard (10)

Otto Porter Jr. (9)

Alec Burks (7)

Caleb Martin (3)

Edited by Bullet Club

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@Bullet Club

- What is JJJ really giving you in this matchup? 

A rim protector against LeBron/Kyrie. JJJ is immensely important this series defensively because of the help defense he'll provide. Yes, he's foul prone but he was legitimately a top 5 defensive impact player this season. Throwing a variety of long, athletic wings at LeBron/Kyrie only to have JJJ help near the rim is going to make life extremely difficult for his best players. On offense, it depends on who he is playing. If he goes small I'll use JJJ as a rim-runner and heavily in PNR action to go at LeBron if he tried to hide him. If Khan stays with the same lineup as before, I'll probably use JJJ in a variety of ways-spacer, dunker spot, PNR, depends on what the action is and how he's reacting.

I actually like Khan in this one. I think Kyrie would absolutely feast here. He’s going to be running circles around the defense.  Bullet has a team of guys theatrically build to guard bron but I still just see him going off every night against this team no one’s really guarding him here.  

8 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I actually like Khan in this one. I think Kyrie would absolutely feast here. He’s going to be running circles around the defense.  Bullet has a team of guys theatrically build to guard bron but I still just see him going off every night against this team no one’s really guarding him here.  

Uhhh how? 

19 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Uhhh how? 

What do you mean? Who do you have that’s staying in front of Kyrie? Not that anyone can but he will get where ever he wants when ever he wants against that line up. 

I get your vision with length and I feel although he was probably a reach people are being way to hard on JJJ. There making him out to be some worthless player.  Still your lineup would look a lot better with a good point 4 imo. I love how Wiggins had been playing but I don’t like him playing a lot of 2. Your shooting isn’t great.  I just disagree with you about this lineup working when it comes down to it. That doesn’t mean I can’t see how it could possibly work or understand what your trying to do. I just think it would fail, I could be wrong 

Edited by BigC421/

4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

What do you mean? Who do you have that’s staying in front of Kyrie? Not that anyone can but he will get where ever he wants when ever he wants against that line up. 

I get your vision with length and I feel although he was probably a reach people are being way to hard on JJJ. There making him out to be some worthless player.  Still your lineup would look a lot better with a good point 4 imo. I love how Wiggins had been playing but I don’t like him playing a lot of 2. Your shooting isn’t great.  I just disagree with you about this lineup working when it comes down to it. That doesn’t mean I can’t see how it could possibly work or understand what your trying to do. I just think it would fail, I could be wrong 

Wiggins and SGA are both more athletic and longer than Kyrie. Rose is just as quick. So is Dinwiddie. Not only do I have plenty to throw at him he's not good enough to win a series by himself. Weird take.

21 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Wiggins and SGA are both more athletic and longer than Kyrie. Rose is just as quick. So is Dinwiddie. Not only do I have plenty to throw at him he's not good enough to win a series by himself. Weird take.

No one said he’s winning it by himself. It’s just a huge problem for you. I feel your playmaking and shooting is suspect as I’ve said. Your calling on 2nd  rate bench players like like Rose and Dinwiddie as your creators? Don’t see that beating Kyrie and Lebron.  I’m also expecting alot better D from Lebron in a playoff series. I don’t really like either of these teams but just my take