Uniform nugget on the white Commanders unis

turtle28

4 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

At this point, they should just avoid honoring race. We saw how that was perceived last time ⏲️ 😳 

I’m also going to go out on a limb and say the design was purely coincidental and someone pointed it out and they ran with it due to poor press lately. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m also going to go out on a limb and say the design was purely coincidental and someone pointed it out and they ran with it due to poor press lately. 

Dang it. I was seriously going to say this earlier tongue-in-cheek and was just like eh, whatever, nevermind. I'm glad I'm not the only one that considered it lol. 

• Like 3

They keep honoring a district that wants nothing to do with them outside of their incoming revenue without giving anything back. They don’t even know how to market this team because the people marketing it know nothing about the communit-IES that support this team. It’s not just DC. It’s not just VA or MD. It’s not just the DMV. They publish articles about a stadium and team name change but they aren’t factoring in the fans for any of it.
Then they wonder why PR is so bad on this team it’s not just the owner. Yes we are sick of Snyder but he has again hired a group of people who have shown they are in above their heads because the neglect not just to losing on the field but only superficially involving fans. They can put out polls. But the truth is they haven’t listened and that’s not just on the owner that’s this regime and it’s predecessors. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They keep honoring a district that wants nothing to do with them outside of their incoming revenue without giving anything back. They don’t even know how to market this team because the people marketing it know nothing about the communit-IES that support this team. It’s not just DC. It’s not just VA or MD. It’s not just the DMV. They publish articles about a stadium and team name change but they aren’t factoring in the fans for any of it.
Then they wonder why PR is so bad on this team it’s not just the owner. Yes we are sick of Snyder but he has again hired a group of people who have shown they are in above their heads because the neglect not just to losing on the field but only superficially involving fans. They can put out polls. But the truth is they haven’t listened and that’s not just on the owner that’s this regime and it’s predecessors. 

He should’ve brought past Redskins front office and players back for the name stuff. It should’ve either meant something to the area or the past. It’s why I said Hogs would’ve been perfect and you could’ve kept a similar logo but without the Indian just had the Hog. Yes it’s silly but it’s a million times better than Commanders and at least means something to the teams history. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He should’ve brought past Redskins front office and players back for the name stuff. It should’ve either meant something to the area or the past. It’s why I said Hogs would’ve been perfect and you could’ve kept a similar logo but without the Indian just had the Hog. Yes it’s silly but it’s a million times better than Commanders and at least means something to the teams history. 

Jason Wright said they did have past Redskins people like Gibbs involved as well as former great players. They showed that in the video when they unveiled the name Commanders unless it was just a farce created to make people think they did.

The biggest issue as we all know is they ignored the fans wishes. Also, Nike, Tanya & Jason developed straight up dog ish uniforms! 💩 They’re so awful & they really could’ve been so cool, they had a golden once in a generation opportunity to name them the Red Wolves, have cool uniforms, pay for the trademark & secure it be the majority of the fans wanted it.

It’s just ridiculous that we never saw an official WFT fan poll that I know for the name, they didn’t have much fan input. They forced the name Commanders down our throats bc Rivera wanted a military themed name & Snyder wanted a name that he wouldn’t have to go to court over and pay for lawyers to secure the name such as what we would’ve had to do with names like the Admirals, Warriors, Red Wolves, Red Hawks etc.

They blew it!

Edited by turtle28

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, lavar703 said:

Yup. Especially since (since VA didnt give their planned part of land) DC is not a diamond.

And guys, I'll keep it open but tread carefully.

• 1 month later...

I have to be honest, when the players were all wearing the white uniforms, they actually didn’t look as bad as I thought they would like when they were unveiled and the mannequins we wearing them.

The unis are going to grow on me. Helmet looked better then what I thought too. I still would’ve liked a curly gold W on the helmet better, but the stenciled military type W looked better than I thought.