The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

On 6/11/2022 at 12:57 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Great write up TRM. 🥃

I went with 11-15 for the poll. Assuming this team stays relatively healthy I believe 15 is actually his floor. With potential upside of having a top 10 statistical season if everything plays out perfectly. 

Like the previous thread I don't think close to 3800-4K passing 30TD, 5-700 rushing with 7-10TD on the ground is out of the question. Not with this projected starting lineup/ supporting cast. If 4500yds and 35+TD in his 2nd year starting isn't enough improvement for the haters, kick rocks.

Now if injury starts to derail that unit, Hurts himself specifically with ribs, hammy, ankles, shoulder type injury reports. Then those numbers will diminish greatly. 

So 11-15 with a ceiling of a Lamar Jackson MVP type impact season in a perfect world.

2nd post, page 1. 🥃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

That fumble sucked, but helluva job by Jalen.

not sure what the team will end up being next year, but feel good with him at the helm. 

Barring injury i dont see a scenario where hurts doesn't come back even better next year. 

He will be the 2023 nfl mvp.

Dude was dropping some absolute dimes yesterday. If Devonta and/or Quez make those catches, we likely win. I think it's pretty clear we have the best QB in the conference going forward.

Now let's just pray he agrees to a Mahomes type of contract extension where the money is spread out over 10 years. He seems like he has enough awareness to understand that if he takes up 25% of the cap each year, the likelihood of maintaining a talented roster isn't great.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

not sure what the team will end up being next year, but feel good with him at the helm. 

Fumble was terrible.

Having said that, he played damn good against one of the best on the biggest stage.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Full transparency, I have probably been one of the biggest anti Hurts folks when discussing the Eagles, in person or on a message board.

He did answer some questions for me last night, but I still have some reservations about his style of play long term.

He has missed games both years he has been a starter, and he will have to run less and pass more to stop that trend.

IMO, with the changes coming, I think the Eagles should let him play out his deal and see if he can carry what will surely be a lesser team with his arm more and legs less.