The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

18 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

The Eagles have arguably the best offensive line in the league.  Argument can be made the Lions is better, soooooooio yeah.  If I'm an Eagles opponent if I've learned anything this season it's send 7 and forget it because the Eagles can't block everyone and Hurts is going to roll to his right and panic.  Also to reiterate my original point, I don't think I would use a chart that implies Goff is one of the best QB's in the NFL and Purdy is one of the worst and use that as evidence to support Hurts play this season.  We all have eyes and Hurts did not play well this year.

You just said it yourself with send 7. Eagles did him no help to block that out. That's suicide. It's so very simple to understand dude. 

Goff had a pretty great year . Purdy is really good with pressure in his face so the chart is very accurate. I actually watched a ton of 9er games and lions. 

Sure hurts had some bad games but he didn't plain out suck. He's here to stay so the plan needs to be fixed. Do better picking up the blitz and let him eat. 

I hate when we have nice things and some Philly fans wanna run everything out of town. The hate hurts crew must be young. It was rough to watch pre Andy

17 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Not sure what passer rating has to do with charting throws but ok. Like you just post bulk stats with zero context vs a graph that is only looking at the throws. For example if Purdy is in a clean pocket and throws a pass that hits a defender in both hands but he drops it and his WR catches it in mid air and runs for a TD that would be great for his passer rating but would be charted poorly in the graph. Anyone who has watched Purdy a lot this year(I have) can admit he misses on guys he shouldn't at times.

No one is saying Purdy is a bad QB lol. He had a great year and is clearly a great QB. That doesn't mean he is perfect.

Purdy is a good QB and you clearly watched the 9ers. He's actually the opposite of Jalen right now. He's making plays with pressure. Oddly doesn't do as well with a clean pocket. Great problem to have for the 9ers. 

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Purdy is a good QB and you clearly watched the 9ers. He's actually the opposite of Jalen right now. He's making plays with pressure. Oddly doesn't do as well with a clean pocket. Great problem to have for the 9ers. 

False.  Posted the stats yesterday.  He has the highest QB rating in the league with a clean pocket.

5 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

He is good in a clean pocket. He just randomly misses too often in clean pockets especially to guys on crossers over the middle. It is probably a mechanics issue. Doesn't take away from how good he is, but my point was the chart does match the eye test.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So the offense got worse as Jalen called whatever plays he wanted

Assuming that’s even true lol. 

I have substantial doubts that something like that is even close to true

that doesn’t happen. I remember these same reports with Carson wentz. it’s not reasonable to assume that the last 2 QBs the eagles have had are just freelancing when Josh Allen, mahomes, Lamar don’t do that

On 1/19/2024 at 1:49 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hey don't take my word for it take a former NFL QB's if you want to. I am not going to pretend that Dan knows the ins and the outs of the Eagles offense either, but he is also blaming coaching/the plan so it seems like my hypothesis is at least viable no?

Not really interested in playing the guessing game on this stuff though. Jalen needs to be better. The offense needs to look like an NFL level scheme as well. If both those things don't occur then the Eagles are very likely in big trouble yes.

This play right here. Is the epitome of why Brian Johnson needs to be fired, and/or Nick needs to not have his hands on his offense if this is his doing.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:08 PM, Jeezla said:

More like Jalen Squirts. We should draft Penix.

#QB factory

Whether or not you choose to discard Jalen Hurts after this season...

Penix ain't it. He makes Carson Wentz look like an Iron man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

This play right here. Is the epitome of why Brian Johnson needs to be fired, and/or Nick needs to not have his hands on his offense if this is his doing.

It's amazing how so many can see this issues,  but those inside the building had No answers! 

Mind-boggling 

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's amazing how so many can see this issues,  but those inside the building had No answers! 

Mind-boggling 

I believe there’s some level of incompetence but I also do think fixing issues mid season is next to impossible when the issues are schematic

its one thing to need someone to do a better job, someone playing better, calling plays better, but when its schematic you aren’t going to be able to change that on the fly

siriannis offense was figured out, their signals (hence why mccaffery knew what play they were running), their sets, what plays they run and when, tendencies, formations and what they likely do out of those formations

and I believe there likely was a deficiency on defense as well. These are issues at the core of the team. They are the foundation the offense was built upon. So the coaching staff could see the issues but may genuinely be lost at how to fix them because the issues weren’t fixable. They were rooted in the very fabric of the offense and defense. 

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The article is one big “the coaching needs to be better”

from start to finish. Everything about jalen could’ve been resolved with coaching

I see a report like that and laugh. Jalen was correct when he said. 

"Winning is the only thing that matters".

When the Eagles were in the SB and started this season 10-1 , NO ONE CARED. Jalen was being praised by the media, fans, teammates and coaches for being even keeled, never getting to high, never to low just a steady presence as a leader. 

We lose 6 of 7, now his actions, his mannerisms,  the way he acts on a sideline is "Now" a major reason why? His leadership is lacking. 👌

I chalk that BS article up with the Nick Sirianni lost the locker room reports. There has been nothing but the utmost respect and admiration from teammates over the past year of football as to the leader Jalen is. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

I'm not gonna let a year in which I witnessed the *worst* offensive playcalling I have ever seen change my opinion on Jalen just yet. We've seen him look top 3 with great offensive coaching, we've seen him look good but flawed with absolutely terrible offensive coaching, I'm optimistic.