The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

We lose 6 of 7, now his actions, his mannerisms,  the way he acts on a sideline is "Now" a major reason why? His leadership is lacking

Who do you think Lane is directing these comments at.  Sums up Hurts on the sidelines.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:53 AM, downundermike said:

IMO, this is partially directed at Jalen Hurts

45 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Who do you think Lane is directing these comments at.  Sums up Hurts on the sidelines.

You heard that and instantly thought, ....Jalen Hurts?

GTFOH! 👌

• Like 1

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

He sits on the sidelines, doesn't engage his teammates, looks like he is sulking, bad body language.

Will say mostly the guys under 28 do this, at least just sitting down, as do most QBs unless there is something they have to tell guys.

It’s tangential to them being the focus, but it always seems like the core guys over 30 are the most locked in to the game on the sideline. Like every mic’d up they are like that.

This season confirmed what I've always believed that it is a bunch of BS that players/personalities "being Philly" and the idea that the city will embrace you more despite not winning or being good if you have the "Philly" personality and act a certain way. People turned on Hurts and Sirianni super fast despite both being labeled "perfect for Philly".

It is not true and it has never been that it is more important losing with that style rather than winning soft.  People would embrace the sh*t out of the dweebest player/coach if they were winning even in the softest way possible, just like any other city. The difference is that in here is that we will let you know fast either way. 

And I don't mean this forum but the general Philly fanhood.  

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

This season confirmed what I've always believed that it is a bunch of BS that players/personalities "being Philly" and the idea that the city will embrace you more despite not winning or being good if you have the "Philly" personality and act a certain way. People turned on Hurts and Sirianni super fast despite both being labeled "perfect for Philly".

It is not true and it has never been that it is more important losing with that style rather than winning soft.  People would embrace the sh*t out of the dweebest player/coach if they were winning even in the softest way possible, just like any other city. The difference is that in here is that we will let you know fast either way. 

And I don't mean this forum but the general Philly fanhood.  

I do think the volatility of the fans and media contribute to why some of these things get as heated as they do

some beat writers have said they aren’t even sure if Nick is even considered on the hot seat in another city

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I do think the volatility of the fans and media contribute to why some of these things get as heated as they do

some beat writers have said they aren’t even sure if Nick is even considered on the hot seat in another city

The media particularly feeds that way too much, it is savage and relentless given the smallest chance. Just look at how Jeff McLane milked it when it was "just" a 3 game losing streak. 

The eagles aren’t trading hurts

but if they do I’d take a swing on Trevor Lawrence. Doug knows Jalen, and Trevor isn’t really living up to expectations in jacksonville

itd be pretty volatile to trade Lawrence but I could argue it’d be volatile to trade Jalen hurts as well

i don’t believe the eagles will even entertain trading him yet. That’d be craziness. If the eagles trade Jalen hurts I would never want to sign a QB again. Just draft a new one every 3 years

14 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I wouldn't begin to entertain the notion of trading Hurts until after next year and that's if he looks like this year or regresses. He wasn't bad this year but needs to be better.

The issue with that line of thinking is if he looks like this again next year or regresses even more, then he trade value complete tanks.  I hope whoever they bring in can make it work with Jalen, but we'll see.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The issue with that line of thinking is if he looks like this again next year or regresses even more, then he trade value complete tanks.  I hope whoever they bring in can make it work with Jalen, but we'll see.

If he looks like this again I don't think his trade value would tank. He wasn't that bad. Actually throwing the ball I thought he looked good. Arm looked good, placement looked good. My issues with him were primarily not seeing open guys, playing hero ball, looking slow, awareness, play against the blitz, and the general aloof/nonchalant attitude he has. Whether those things were all on him, and whether those things can be coached or changed, will go a long way towards determining how I feel about Jalen moving forward.

43 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Yes and no. You’re better off finding out the answer if he’s the guy from 2022 and the superbowl or if he’s the guy from 2023

if he’s the guy from the superbowl you have something and you can compete with that something

if he’s the guy from 2023 you’re basically the cowboys. Fools gold

its malpractice to not get that answer

regardless of surrounding talent jalen got further than all the other QBs that occupy the top 10 in the nfl. Other QBs have had just as good of surrounding talent and not gotten that far. Whether it be Josh Allen, dak Prescott. 

you have to at least see what he’s got with the right coach