The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If he looks like this again I don't think his trade value would tank. He wasn't that bad. Actually throwing the ball I thought he looked good. Arm looked good, placement looked good. My issues with him were primarily not seeing open guys, playing hero ball, looking slow, awareness, play against the blitz, and the general aloof/nonchalant attitude he has. Whether those things were all on him, and whether those things can be coached or changed, will go a long way towards determining how I feel about Jalen moving forward.

He has things to work with. He throws a really good pretty ball, has good ball placement, has surprising throwing accuracy. Where he lacks is pocket presence, field awareness efficiency, and in 2023 taking care of the football.

I do think he has tools that a really good offensive coach could utilize and succeed

51 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

He has things to work with. He throws a really good pretty ball, has good ball placement, has surprising throwing accuracy. Where he lacks is pocket presence, field awareness efficiency, and in 2023 taking care of the football.

I do think he has tools that a really good offensive coach could utilize and succeed

Yup I don't think he's a qb who you can just drop into any franchise with any coach and he'd succeed. The evidence we have thus far is that he's a dependent QB. Not a transcendent one. I don't think he's like the most dependent QB though.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup I don't think he's a qb who you can just drop into any franchise with any coach and he'd succeed. The evidence we have thus far is that he's a dependent QB. Not a transcendent one. I don't think he's like the most dependent QB though.

Out of curiosity,  who are your "transcendent" QB's? List better not be big?

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Stroud well on his way, Rodgers, Herbert, Stafford

Of those guys I'd probably just say Rodgers but he's a question since we haven't seen him in a while. Pumping brakes on CJ. Herbert needs to catch some blame for that chargers team doing nothing every year he's been there. Stafford is a pretty good one.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Stroud well on his way, Rodgers, Herbert, Stafford

Not even remotely close, stop. 

Rodgers in his prime, absolutely.  Herbert and Stafford, transcendent? Stop

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah not big at all. I'd say Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lamar.

So at best, Hurts can only be a Top 5 QB in the NFL,  Gotcha. I'll take it and run like a thief in the night if it remotely becomes the case. 🍺

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This will be Jalen Hurts 7th OC including College in the last 8 years. Shane is the lone OC he had in consecutive seasons. 2022 being a MVP /SB type run.

Tired excuse.  CJ Stroud thrived under a new OC in his first season in the NFL, and won a playoff game against a top 5 defense.

For the Jalen Hurts is a headache crowd you can read the above thread.

Crazy to me that we are trying to paint the guy who was benched in the National Championship and was still the best teammate possible as a cancer. This narrative is freaking insane to me. Philly media is the real cancer.

Is Hurts perfect? No. I am sure there are some people on the team that would prefer him to be a bit more outgoing and less stoic. That said the current narrative that some are trying to build around him is insane to me. The guy has done nothing but the right things since his days at Alabama.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Tired excuse.  CJ Stroud thrived under a new OC in his first season in the NFL, and won a playoff game against a top 5 defense.

Can you name another anomaly other than the record breaking rookie that was doing things no one has ever done?

mahomes has had the same playcaller his entire career

Joe burrow has only had Zac taylor

tom Brady had the same guy for the first 5 years of his career in Charlie Weiss and then had the next guy for 4 seasons in Josh mcdaniels who eventually came back for like another 10 years.

Jordan love same guy entire nfl career 

the guys that are off and on? Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Jalen hurts, Lamar Jackson. 

All have had playcaller turnover 

I’ll defer to Andy Reid who says it takes a QB 3 years to learn and be comfortable in an offense to let their instincts take over

so while you may think it’s an excuse Andy Reid doesn’t think it is. Also just every QB who has consistency at coaching had consistency in their play

everyone else has up and down years as they integrate a new playcaller

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah not big at all. I'd say Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lamar.

Also to add to this, as of right now we’re really only talking about mahomes

taking recency bias out of it both Josh Allen and Lamar were left for dead either last season or both last season and the beginning of this season in Allen’s case

burrow is the closest to mahomes but he gets injured a lot which is concerning. 

people forget no one wanted to trade for Lamar. And Allen was being criticized in the same way Jalen hurts is now. Last season people were wondering if Allen was the next Carson wentz, if he’ll keep regressing without daboll, that he’s only good because of Stefon diggs and that he was nothing before all the talent around him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Also to add to this, as of right now we’re really only talking about mahomes

taking recency bias out of it both Josh Allen and Lamar were left for dead either last season or both last season and the beginning of this season in Allen’s case

burrow is the closest to mahomes but he gets injured a lot which is concerning. 

people forget no one wanted to trade for Lamar. And Allen was being criticized in the same way Jalen hurts is now. Last season people were wondering if Allen was the next Carson wentz, if he’ll keep regressing without daboll, that he’s only good because of Stefon diggs and that he was nothing before all the talent around him

Think people are forgetting the narrative around Lamar when his OC was Greg Roman.